or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 12

post #199 of 423

Scheduling problem with AimPoint Sunday at Morongo, they are closing down the practice area at noon for a Canadian Tour event.  Going to try and figure something out and get back to everyone.

post #200 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Scheduling problem with AimPoint Sunday at Morongo, they are closing down the practice area at noon for a Canadian Tour event.  Going to try and figure something out and get back to everyone.

DOH!

 

Those damn Canadians!  Why havent we invaded that country???

post #201 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Scheduling problem with AimPoint Sunday at Morongo, they are closing down the practice area at noon for a Canadian Tour event.  Going to try and figure something out and get back to everyone.

Found it ... it's the Canadian PGA Tour Qualifying School ... http://www.cantour.com/leagues/cantour_event.cfm?clientid=3776&leagueid=11711&seasonnum=2013

 

(Kinda funny if you think about it.  Why don't they have the qualifying school for the American PGA tour in Central Africa?)

 

Hey, instead of the Aimpoint class, maybe Mike and Erik will play in the tournament and the prize for the two highest finishers among the rest of us will be that we get to caddy for them???

 

In all seriousness though, Mike ... that first course that Tristan located (Oak Valley Golf Club) is directly across the freeway from Tukwet, so it would probably be no more than a 5 minute drive for everybody ... maybe you can do the Aimpoint class over there?

post #202 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Scheduling problem with AimPoint Sunday at Morongo, they are closing down the practice area at noon for a Canadian Tour event.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoh View Post

Those damn Canadians!  Why havent we invaded that country???

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Found it ... it's the Canadian PGA Tour Qualifying School ... http://www.cantour.com/leagues/cantour_event.cfm?clientid=3776&leagueid=11711&seasonnum=2013

post #203 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Scheduling problem with AimPoint Sunday at Morongo, they are closing down the practice area at noon for a Canadian Tour event.  Going to try and figure something out and get back to everyone.

Any updates?

post #204 of 423

Good morning all,

 

I am a SoCal guy from Long Beach. I'd be interested in joining the April 7th outing - I've never played the Morongo course but have heard good things. Would be nice to meet everyone as well. Current index is a 12.5

post #205 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

Good morning all,

 

I am a SoCal guy from Long Beach. I'd be interested in joining the April 7th outing - I've never played the Morongo course but have heard good things. Would be nice to meet everyone as well. Current index is a 12.5

We'd be glad to have you... If you haven't seen all of the info, it is on April 7th at the Champions course at Morongo (Tukwet Canyon). We are teeing off starting at 8 am and the cost is $50. Mike and Erik are planning to do both 5SK and Aimpoint schools so if you are interested PM Mike (mvmac) and he'll shoot you the details on those. GREAT pricing on those.

post #206 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

We'd be glad to have you... If you haven't seen all of the info, it is on April 7th at the Champions course at Morongo (Tukwet Canyon). We are teeing off starting at 8 am and the cost is $50. Mike and Erik are planning to do both 5SK and Aimpoint schools so if you are interested PM Mike (mvmac) and he'll shoot you the details on those. GREAT pricing on those.

 

 

Thanks!

post #207 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

 

 

Thanks!

 

PM sent

post #208 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

PM sent

 

BTW, normal pricing:

 

AimPoint Clinic: $225

5SK Clinic*: $395

 

* Not including the added short game bit. You can't afford not to attend. Shawn, lookin' at you! :)

post #209 of 423

I admit that's that a great deal. I'm disappointed that I will out of town until Friday evening. I could really use the pitching help!

post #210 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

BTW, normal pricing:

 

AimPoint Clinic: $225

5SK Clinic*: $395

 

* Not including the added short game bit. You can't afford not to attend. Shawn, lookin' at you! :)

 

I lived in Anaheim a long time ago ... so 

 

Desmond (Jerry G) is in ..

 

Aimpoint, 5 Simple Keys - sign me up.

 

Air and Car Reservations Made.

 

Thanks, Guys. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

post #211 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

 

I lived in Anaheim a long time ago ... so 

 

Desmond (Jerry G) is in ..

 

Aimpoint, 5 Simple Keys - sign me up.

 

Air and Car Reservations Made.

 

Thanks, Guys. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

 

Awesome!

post #212 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

 

I lived in Anaheim a long time ago ... so 

 

Desmond (Jerry G) is in ..

 

Aimpoint, 5 Simple Keys - sign me up.

 

Air and Car Reservations Made.

 

Thanks, Guys. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Cool. I assume you'll be playing with us as well or just attending the 5SK and Aimpoint?

 

Also, Mike, as far as Aimpoint goes, are there any updates as to location since Morongo won't work for that?

post #213 of 423
Welcome to the group!
Where do you live now???
post #214 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoh View Post

Welcome to the group!
Where do you live now???

Dallas, but I'm trying to get back ... eventually.

 

Have never been comfortable in Texas after 40+ years.

 

Just have more of a California mindset.

post #215 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

 

Also, Mike, as far as Aimpoint goes, are there any updates as to location since Morongo won't work for that?

 

Yep Mr. D will be playing on Sunday.  No updates other than I'm working on it.  Sent Oak Valley a few emails and looking at other options.

post #216 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

 

I lived in Anaheim a long time ago ... so 

 

Desmond (Jerry G) is in ..

 

Aimpoint, 5 Simple Keys - sign me up.

 

Air and Car Reservations Made.

 

Thanks, Guys. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Sweet!  Welcome!

 

I will be at the 5SK Friday too, so will meet you then!  Looking forward to it. :)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion