or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 13

post #217 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Cool. I assume you'll be playing with us as well or just attending the 5SK and Aimpoint?

 

Also, Mike, as far as Aimpoint goes, are there any updates as to location since Morongo won't work for that?

Yes, I will play, too. I don't get to play enough, so I need to find more rounds while I am out there.

post #218 of 423

Not wanting to sandbag or make excuses, but my avatar hc is before a quad bypass, frozen shoulder, divorce, and swing change...b1_ohmy.gif

 

Seriously.

 

It's the last time I had a hc.

 

I was out for a year with that frozen shoulder before a therapist beat the crap out of it, and cortisone got it where I could flex a bit and then scream as I tried to loosen it. I had problems with medication. You know the bit ... or maybe you don't. My lungs have never been the same since they ripped me open.

 

I went from 95 swingspeed to 75 speed. I've climbed back to 89 mph with driver, give or take a few.

 

I'll play a few rounds and see where I am. I've played with a bunch of 59-65 yr old clients who have a weekly game and they have their local "rules." I don't know what my hc is because they pick up my ball if it's within 3-4 feet of the cup.b1_ohmy.gif

 

And the course had bare lies ... on the fairway.

 

I need to jump on a decent course and play 3-4 rounds and see where I am.

 

Question - are we taking carts or walking? I assume carts.

 

Now I need to get a Clubglider Journey for travel.

post #219 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Question - are we taking carts or walking? I assume carts.

I'm almost positive carts will be included.  It looks like a hilly, spread out course, that is not very friendly to walkers. (Course, its a guess because I'm only basing it off of google maps.) :)

post #220 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I'm almost positive carts will be included.  It looks like a hilly, spread out course, that is not very friendly to walkers. (Course, its a guess because I'm only basing it off of google maps.) :)

 

Yep carts

post #221 of 423
Thread Starter 

Mr Desmond... Going back to Cali, Cali... Cali... Going back to Cali! 

 

Sorry, had to throw in a little LL Cool J - because it is great to have you join us!

post #222 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Not wanting to sandbag or make excuses, but my avatar hc is before a quad bypass, frozen shoulder, divorce, and swing change...b1_ohmy.gif

 

Seriously.

 

It's the last time I had a hc.

 

I was out for a year with that frozen shoulder before a therapist beat the crap out of it, and cortisone got it where I could flex a bit and then scream as I tried to loosen it. I had problems with medication. You know the bit ... or maybe you don't. My lungs have never been the same since they ripped me open.

 

I went from 95 swingspeed to 75 speed. I've climbed back to 89 mph with driver, give or take a few.

 

I'll play a few rounds and see where I am. I've played with a bunch of 59-65 yr old clients who have a weekly game and they have their local "rules." I don't know what my hc is because they pick up my ball if it's within 3-4 feet of the cup.b1_ohmy.gif

 

And the course had bare lies ... on the fairway.

 

I need to jump on a decent course and play 3-4 rounds and see where I am.

 

Question - are we taking carts or walking? I assume carts.

 

Now I need to get a Clubglider Journey for travel.

Mr. Desmond... We don't care how bad or good you are.  We are all going out to have fun. And rip on one another.  So just remember... Good or bad.  We're going to laugh at you and others!! c2_beer.gif

post #223 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Mr. Desmond... We don't care how bad or good you are.  We are all going out to have fun. And rip on one another.  So just remember... Good or bad.  We're going to laugh at you and others!! c2_beer.gif
And we all get to laugh at beach after his first 4 putt!! ;)
post #224 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


And we all get to laugh at beach after his first 4 putt!! ;)

You say that as if there will only be ONE!!! c2_beer.gif

post #225 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I'm almost positive carts will be included.  It looks like a hilly, spread out course, that is not very friendly to walkers. (Course, its a guess because I'm only basing it off of google maps.) :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Yep carts

Thanks. You saved my lungs and from buying a Sun Mountain Swift ZG Bag...

post #226 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Mr. Desmond... We don't care how bad or good you are.  We are all going out to have fun. And rip on one another.  So just remember... Good or bad.  We're going to laugh at you and others!! c2_beer.gif

Oh, it's not about good or bad, because it will be inconsistent. I just want to put a fair hc up there for my teammates' sake.a1_smile.gif

post #227 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Mr Desmond... Going back to Cali, Cali... Cali... Going back to Cali! 

 

Sorry, had to throw in a little LL Cool J - because it is great to have you join us!

Thanks.

 

Looking forward to it, even if it is So Cal, and not No Cal.

 

My usual vacation stomping grounds are San Francisco and beyond to Healdsburg, the Russian River and Dry Creek Valleys, and then on to Highway 128 and  Mendocino. But gosh, it's been 5 years now since I've been to the City. Gotta' get back on track.

post #228 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

You say that as if there will only be ONE!!! c2_beer.gif

 

Actually he said "first" implying more than one.

 

I remember an Encyclopedia Brown episode where someone was presented a sword that was supposedly engraved or given to General Stonewall Jackson or someone after the first Battle of Bull Run. The problem was the sword said the FIRST Battle of Bull Run on it, when they'd have no idea that there would be a second at the time.

 

Edit: CASE: Young Peter has a chance to trade his bicycle for a real Civil War sword used by General Stonewall Jackson, but the owners' of said sword are none other than the dreaded Tigers' clubhouse. Peter enlists Encyclopedia's help in determining if the sword is really Gen. Jackson's. Tigers' leader Bugs Meany tells Encyclopedia that the sword is from the first Battle of Bull Run, and an inscription on the sword says as much: "Presented to [Jackson] by his men on August 21, 1861." From this, Encyclopedia knows that the sword is a fake. http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/07/the_10_most_ridiculously_difficult_encyclopedia_br.php

post #229 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Actually he said "first" implying more than one.

 

I remember an Encyclopedia Brown episode where someone was presented a sword that was supposedly engraved or given to General Stonewall Jackson or someone after the first Battle of Bull Run. The problem was the sword said the FIRST Battle of Bull Run on it, when they'd have no idea that there would be a second at the time.

 

Edit: CASE: Young Peter has a chance to trade his bicycle for a real Civil War sword used by General Stonewall Jackson, but the owners' of said sword are none other than the dreaded Tigers' clubhouse. Peter enlists Encyclopedia's help in determining if the sword is really Gen. Jackson's. Tigers' leader Bugs Meany tells Encyclopedia that the sword is from the first Battle of Bull Run, and an inscription on the sword says as much: "Presented to [Jackson] by his men on August 21, 1861." From this, Encyclopedia knows that the sword is a fake. http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/07/the_10_most_ridiculously_difficult_encyclopedia_br.php

Sort of like an archaeologist who finds "authentic" ancient coins inscribed with the date 65 B.C. ???  ;)

post #230 of 423

Should we start trying to work out the teams for this thing now so there's no confusion that day, or should we wait a little bit until the roster becomes more finalized?  I was also just thinking that there are probably at least a few people that want to make sure they're together, right?  I believe a couple of guys are bringing their kids?

 

Tristan or Mike, do you have an up to date list of attendees?  Should we plan this out now?  Or do the street basketball thing like last time?  c2_beer.gif

post #231 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Should we start trying to work out the teams for this thing now so there's no confusion that day, or should we wait a little bit until the roster becomes more finalized?  I was also just thinking that there are probably at least a few people that want to make sure they're together, right?  I believe a couple of guys are bringing their kids?

 

Tristan or Mike, do you have an up to date list of attendees?  Should we plan this out now?  Or do the street basketball thing like last time?  c2_beer.gif

As far as attendees go heres what I have for an updated list:

 

1. iacas

2. mvmac

3. tristanhilton85 (+1)

4. Golfingdad

5. beachcomber

6. hacker101 (+1)

7. Pakoh

8. Lihu (+1)

9. jefkve

10. justapitin

11. Mr. Desmond

12. Big C

 

That is 15 players with haker101's, Lihu's, and my plus one. Beach said that he's likely to bring two but hasn't confirmed so that would put us at 17 (Beach, let us know where you are with this). Right now we are confirmed for 16 so we may have to add another tee time.

 

As far as teams, maybe like we did last time. I'm sure most will want to play with their "guests" so I guess that we could start the teams like that and then fill in the rest. Plus, while everybody on the list here has "confirmed" we don't have to pay until the day of so somebody might flake out. 

 

Others have said at various times that they are interested but have not confirmed so for now I'm leaving them off this list.

post #232 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Should we start trying to work out the teams for this thing now so there's no confusion that day, or should we wait a little bit until the roster becomes more finalized?  I was also just thinking that there are probably at least a few people that want to make sure they're together, right?  I believe a couple of guys are bringing their kids?

 

Tristan or Mike, do you have an up to date list of attendees?  Should we plan this out now?  Or do the street basketball thing like last time?  c2_beer.gif

Erik and Mike get to pick teams?  I dunno... But we need to at least have a list - and try and come up with a fair cap breakdown.  

No more NBA JAM where our team was on fire and just DUNKED all over the other team. c5_banana.gif

post #233 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Beach said that he's likely to bring two but hasn't confirmed so that would put us at 17 (Beach, let us know where you are with this). Right now we are confirmed for 16 so we may have to add another tee time.

 

I have my +2 confirmed.  Mike M. and Andrew P (username: Golfswine).  Same two buffoons (b2_tongue.gif) I brought to the Milesquare tourney.

post #234 of 423
Thread Starter 

Players that were at Milesquare that aren't on the list... Jim Dangles and MDL.  I'm not sure if I'm missing anyone else?  But those two guys seemed like good dudes.  Hopefully they can join us too?

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion