or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 14

post #235 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

As far as attendees go heres what I have for an updated list:

 

1. iacas

2. mvmac

3. tristanhilton85 (+1)

4. Golfingdad

5. beachcomber

6. hacker101 (+1)

7. Pakoh

8. Lihu (+1)

9. jefkve

10. justapitin

11. Mr. Desmond

12. Big C

 

That is 15 players with haker101's, Lihu's, and my plus one. Beach said that he's likely to bring two but hasn't confirmed so that would put us at 17 (Beach, let us know where you are with this). Right now we are confirmed for 16 so we may have to add another tee time.

 

As far as teams, maybe like we did last time. I'm sure most will want to play with their "guests" so I guess that we could start the teams like that and then fill in the rest. Plus, while everybody on the list here has "confirmed" we don't have to pay until the day of so somebody might flake out. 

 

Others have said at various times that they are interested but have not confirmed so for now I'm leaving them off this list.

I happen to have inside info on Beach's two friends and they are confirmed.  (One is already on here by the way ... as "Golfswine")  So that puts us at 17, give or take.  And I also assume that most bringing +1's will probably want to play with them.  (Not Beach's friends though ... they don't like playing with "four-putters" c3_clap.gif)  Especially those bringing their kids.  If they're near the same age, maybe it'd be a good idea to put the kids in the same group too?

post #236 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Players that were at Milesquare that aren't on the list... Jim Dangles and MDL.  I'm not sure if I'm missing anyone else?  But those two guys seemed like good dudes.  Hopefully they can join us too?

Tristan and Mike have both tried to contact them with no luck I believe. :(  They were good dudes!  And Jim helped us win!!!!!!

post #237 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I happen to have inside info on Beach's two friends and they are confirmed.  (One is already on here by the way ... as "Golfswine")  So that puts us at 17, give or take.  And I also assume that most bringing +1's will probably want to play with them.  (Not Beach's friends though ... they don't like playing with "four-putters" c3_clap.gif)  Especially those bringing their kids.  If they're near the same age, maybe it'd be a good idea to put the kids in the same group too?

Agreed with the pairings of kids/parents.  Would be a good way for members of TST to get to know one another and have something in common.  

 

Regarding the groups... I don't care where I'm placed...  As long as I'm placed on the best team, with the most experienced and battle tested golfers so that they can carry my broke ass around the course. So that eliminates like 16 of those guys on the list.  I guess I'm playing as a single?? LOL c2_beer.gif

post #238 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Tristan and Mike have both tried to contact them with no luck I believe. :(  They were good dudes!  And Jim helped us win!!!!!!

Sometimes you need to threaten people to get them to respond.  Let me try... b2_tongue.gif

post #239 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Agreed with the pairings of kids/parents.  Would be a good way for members of TST to get to know one another and have something in common.  

 

Regarding the groups... I don't care where I'm placed...  As long as I'm placed on the best team, with the most experienced and battle tested golfers so that they can carry my broke ass around the course. So that eliminates like 16 of those guys on the list.  I guess I'm playing as a single?? LOL c2_beer.gif

That's correct!  You are so bad that not even Tiger Woods is good enough to help you!  d4_w00t.gifc2_beer.gifa2_wink.gif

 

Now, go order yourself some Monica & Chandler champagne and pre-drown your sorrows from getting your butt kicked in April!

post #240 of 423

Just sent pm's to Jim and mdl

post #241 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Now, go order yourself some Monica & Chandler champagne and pre-drown your sorrows from getting your butt kicked in April!

LOL... SNL was hilarious this weekend.  Funny as hell!

post #242 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Should we start trying to work out the teams for this thing now so there's no confusion that day, or should we wait a little bit until the roster becomes more finalized? 

 

Mike and I will be doing this. Don't worry anyone. I'll do it in late March.

 

One group is:

1) Mike

2) Erik

3) ???

4) ???

 

I'm not going to "even out" the handicaps. I may even have the four highest handicaps play together because, if they want, they could play from a set of tees one forward or something. It will be fair - and the 80% will work out well, because high handicappers have an advantage in stableford unless you do this 80% thing.

 

Tristan, if you could, start putting handicaps and actual names and maybe even relationships in your lists of attendees. No more "+1" because that makes it tough to figure out the groups, relationships, etc. Maybe use the table functionality:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

1. iacas

2. mvmac

3. tristanhilton85 (+1)

4. Golfingdad

5. beachcomber

6. hacker101 (+1)

7. Pakoh

8. Lihu (+1)

9. jefkve

10. justapitin

11. Mr. Desmond

12. Big C

 

Basically, fill this out, and leave the last column blank for now. I'll do that. Add rows as necessary.

 

Username Name Index "Guests" Grouping
1. iacas Erik 0 -  
2. mvmac Mike 0 -  
         
         
post #243 of 423

i have the cell phone numbers for MDL and Jim (got them after the Mile square outing)...  if they havent been logged on the site i could send them a text and see whats up with them.

post #244 of 423
hey guys sorry I havent responded or been active in a while. With the weather I have only been golfing weekends. Hopefully soon here I can start golfing after work again and find my game again. I have alot going on for the rest of march and i know I have one weekend booked in april. I will check out my schedule and see if I can make it. I may also bring a friend. When are you guys closing the list?
post #245 of 423

Just to keep everyone up to date

 

List of attendees for 5SK School (with pitching), one more spot left

Golfingdad

Golgingdad Guest #1

Golingdad Guest #2

Tristan

Mr. Desmond

 

Spent the morning calling and sending more emails to places around the Riverside/Beaumont area for AimPoint.  Nothing firmed up yet but here are guys that are interested

Tristan

Tristan Guest

Pakoh

post #246 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Just to keep everyone up to date

 

List of attendees for 5SK School (with pitching), one more spot left

Golfingdad

Golgingdad Guest #1

Golingdad Guest #2

Tristan

Mr. Desmond

 

Spent the morning calling and sending more emails to places around the Riverside/Beaumont area for AimPoint.  Nothing firmed up yet but here are guys that are interested

Tristan

Tristan Guest

Pakoh

I'll be in Palm Springs on the 7th and would be interested in attending the AimPoint clinic if my scheduler (wife) doesnt have me signed up for somthing else that afternoon.

 

Greg

post #247 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdangles View Post

hey guys sorry I havent responded or been active in a while. With the weather I have only been golfing weekends. Hopefully soon here I can start golfing after work again and find my game again. I have alot going on for the rest of march and i know I have one weekend booked in april. I will check out my schedule and see if I can make it. I may also bring a friend. When are you guys closing the list?

Jim's back!!  Good to see you active again. c2_beer.gif  Hopefully we'll catch you on the 7th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregZ View Post

I'll be in Palm Springs on the 7th and would be interested in attending the AimPoint clinic if my scheduler (wife) doesnt have me signed up for somthing else that afternoon.

 

Greg

Come for the golf too if the scheduler allows it!  We're gonna have a blast!

post #248 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Just to keep everyone up to date

 

List of attendees for 5SK School (with pitching), one more spot left

Golfingdad

Golgingdad Guest #1

Golingdad Guest #2

Tristan

Mr. Desmond

 

Spent the morning calling and sending more emails to places around the Riverside/Beaumont area for AimPoint.  Nothing firmed up yet but here are guys that are interested

Tristan

Tristan Guest

Pakoh

Add me to the Aim Point Class, too.

 

We're going full throttle...

post #249 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdangles View Post

hey guys sorry I havent responded or been active in a while. With the weather I have only been golfing weekends. Hopefully soon here I can start golfing after work again and find my game again. I have alot going on for the rest of march and i know I have one weekend booked in april. I will check out my schedule and see if I can make it. I may also bring a friend. When are you guys closing the list?

He lives!  Dude, I saw your twin brother Gracey, tearing it up on the Euro tour!

post #250 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdangles View Post

hey guys sorry I havent responded or been active in a while. With the weather I have only been golfing weekends. Hopefully soon here I can start golfing after work again and find my game again. I have alot going on for the rest of march and i know I have one weekend booked in april. I will check out my schedule and see if I can make it. I may also bring a friend. When are you guys closing the list?

Nice!

 

Now... Where is MDL?!?!

post #251 of 423

AHHHH it would be the 7th. My Gf's nephew is being baptized that day. Its a must attend for me. Sorry guys and Ill hope for better luck with the next outing. Lets keep doing these. I had a blast at the first one and hope to attend more.

post #252 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Add me to the Aim Point Class, too.

 

We're going full throttle...

 

c2_beer.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregZ View Post

I'll be in Palm Springs on the 7th and would be interested in attending the AimPoint clinic if my scheduler (wife) doesnt have me signed up for somthing else that afternoon.

 

Greg

 

Sounds good Greg, I'll PM you the prices

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion