or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 3

post #37 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post

Looks gorgeous. If we could get those prices, I'm afraid I'd HAVE to play.

Ditto.  Tristan, what is the date in March?  That will dictate if I can make it or not.  The course looks amazing.

post #38 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

I think we may have another possible course... I played the other day as a single at Desert Willow and got paired with a group from a local church who is having a tournament at the Classic Club in March and they told me the price for it was $60 or $70 (they couldn't remember for sure).

 

Anyways, I think that if we could get the Classic Club for that price, that'd be the way to go. It's an AMAZING course. In fact, it was built for the Bob Hope (now Humana Challenge), although it has been moved now.

 

Here is their site for those interested in checking it out:

 

http://classicclubgolf.com

 

Let me know what you guys think.

That place looks gorgeous!  Man, I'd love to play there.  We're playing the black tees right?

 

Classic Club Scorecard

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Ditto.  Tristan, what is the date in March?  That will dictate if I can make it or not.  The course looks amazing.

Seriously.  If you guys are considering March, then I might be back in this thing after all!

post #39 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

We're playing the black tees right?

 

Playin' it forward here....Pretty long track for a hacker like myself, but as I said, I cant pass up the oppurtunity to pay that nice a course on the cheap.

post #40 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post

Playin' it forward here....Pretty long track for a hacker like myself, but as I said, I cant pass up the oppurtunity to pay that nice a course on the cheap.

No worries ... I was being 100% facetious. :)

 

Don't think I'd really enjoy the torture that a 75.8 rated course would hand me.

post #41 of 423

March? I don't know if I'm invited or not, but that'll be tough. We may have a 5SK school then, I might be in Florida (if I decide to go on with my PGA status), etc.

post #42 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

March? I don't know if I'm invited or not, but that'll be tough. We may have a 5SK school then, I might be in Florida (if I decide to go on with my PGA status), etc.

Nah, Tristan was only saying (I think) that the people he met were playing their tournament in March, then a couple people questioned him and I also "fanned the fire" simply because I already know that the previously agreed upon date (April 6/7) is no good for me.  (Being selfish here, shhhh!)

 

And of course you are invited.  I mean, come on ... we are guests IN YOUR CORN!

 

post #43 of 423
Thread Starter 

I just went back and re-read Tristan's post.  I thought he was saying we would have to play in March to get that rate.  My bust... Anyway... April 6/7th is fine for me still.  I'd definitely love to play the Classic Club.  Hell, I'll play anywhere though.  Lets just pick something so that we can start rallying guys and getting peeps signed up for the date.

post #44 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I just went back and re-read Tristan's post.  I thought he was saying we would have to play in March to get that rate.  My bust... Anyway... April 6/7th is fine for me still.  I'd definitely love to play the Classic Club.  Hell, I'll play anywhere though.  Lets just pick something so that we can start rallying guys and getting peeps signed up for the date.

Sorry for not being clear... the church's tournament is in March... I'd still be looking to do ours in April. The 6th/7th is what I can do personally as the next three weekends I know that I cannot get off of work. I'm also open to doing this on a weekday instead, although I'm not sure how that would work for anybody else (it may also be cheaper).

 

Erik, obviously you are invited; it would be awesome to have you out here.

 

I think Classic Club would be a great course for us to play and for the guys driving in it's pretty damn easy to get to as it's right off of the freeway (I-10). The only problem at this course is that it has a tendency to be a bit windy (that's the reason the Humana stopped playing there).

 

Another good option for us would be SilverRock, although I'm not sure the costs there. However, I do know one of the pros over there so he may be able to make something work. I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow and see whats going on... For SilverRock I think we'd have to have at least 13 people to do an advanced booking for a tournament... not sure about Classic Club, but I will find out about that tomorrow. Last time we only ended up with 10, so we need to get a few more guys. I might have a buddy who would play, and if we don't loose GolfingDad and Erik comes that'll put us at 12. For the hell of it, I'll call Desert Willow as well and get an idea from them as well.

 

Here are the websites for the courses I'll check out so you guys can take a look, let me know what you think.

 

http://www.silverrock.org

 

http://www.golfclub-terralago.com

 

http://www.desertwillow.com

post #45 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Sorry for not being clear... the church's tournament is in March... I'd still be looking to do ours in April. The 6th/7th is what I can do personally as the next three weekends I know that I cannot get off of work. I'm also open to doing this on a weekday instead, although I'm not sure how that would work for anybody else (it may also be cheaper).

 

Erik, obviously you are invited; it would be awesome to have you out here.

 

I think Classic Club would be a great course for us to play and for the guys driving in it's pretty damn easy to get to as it's right off of the freeway (I-10). The only problem at this course is that it has a tendency to be a bit windy (that's the reason the Humana stopped playing there).

 

Another good option for us would be SilverRock, although I'm not sure the costs there. However, I do know one of the pros over there so he may be able to make something work. I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow and see whats going on... For SilverRock I think we'd have to have at least 13 people to do an advanced booking for a tournament... not sure about Classic Club, but I will find out about that tomorrow. Last time we only ended up with 10, so we need to get a few more guys. I might have a buddy who would play, and if we don't loose GolfingDad and Erik comes that'll put us at 12. For the hell of it, I'll call Desert Willow as well and get an idea from them as well.

 

Here are the websites for the courses I'll check out so you guys can take a look, let me know what you think.

 

http://www.silverrock.org

 

http://www.golfclub-terralago.com

 

http://www.desertwillow.com

 

Sounds good to me.  Let me know what course you guys are interested in and I'll reach out to them about working something out.

 

Erik, maybe you can arrange a 5SK instructor school out west around the same time

post #46 of 423
Thread Starter 

I'll reach out to my buddy Phil McGleno who lives in the area.  And see if he's down to join us.

post #47 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I'll reach out to my buddy Phil McGleno who lives in the area.  And see if he's down to join us.

Totally ... especially if you drop Erik and Mike's names. ;)

post #48 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Totally ... especially if you drop Erik and Mike's names. ;)

 

Yeah exactly lol.  I do have his number....  Tell him you're a good friend of Dana and Grant's and ask why he's trying to copy the S&T swing  f3_laugh.gif

post #49 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Sounds good to me.  Let me know what course you guys are interested in and I'll reach out to them about working something out.

 

Erik, maybe you can arrange a 5SK instructor school out west around the same time

 

Probably negatory on that one. Y'all do realize that's right around the Masters isn't it?

 

Never mind. Masters is from 11-14.

post #50 of 423

just tell me when and where, and i will be there!  Unless you dont want me there, then tell me the wrong date and placed2_doh.gif...(*just kidding*)

post #51 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoh View Post

just tell me when and where, and i will be there!  Unless you dont want me there, then tell me the wrong date and placed2_doh.gif...(*just kidding*)

Monday, April 8th, 4:45 pm, Diamond Bar GC.

 

g2_eek.gifc5_banana.gifc2_beer.gif

post #52 of 423

So I talked with Classic Club and for them, they'd only have the 7th available before 11am... Also it'd be their standard rate, which at that time is $139, but that would include a $15 voucher for lunch and a $10 voucher for the pro shop (as long as we have 13 or more people). I think the church has the $65 rate because they are all desert residents (resident rate is $65). Obviously that is too pricey but I still think this is the best choice if Mike can negotiate a good rate with them in exchange for reviews or something.

 

The other courses are all good choices as well, so look at them and post what you'd like so Mike can reach out to them.

post #53 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

So I talked with Classic Club and for them, they'd only have the 7th available before 11am... Also it'd be their standard rate, which at that time is $139, but that would include a $15 voucher for lunch and a $10 voucher for the pro shop (as long as we have 13 or more people). I think the church has the $65 rate because they are all desert residents (resident rate is $65). Obviously that is too pricey but I still think this is the best choice if Mike can negotiate a good rate with them in exchange for reviews or something.

 

The other courses are all good choices as well, so look at them and post what you'd like so Mike can reach out to them.

 

Mike, you can use my status in the PGA as well.

post #54 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Yeah exactly lol.  I do have his number....  Tell him you're a good friend of Dana and Grant's and ask why he's trying to copy the S&T swing  f3_laugh.gif

LOL

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion