or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 6

post #91 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Thanks. And you do know I was not even close to serious about any disc golf comments I've made. I may or may not even bring some out.

 

The timing is going to be odd here, but it may work out for me. Depends on when and where we're doing some 5SK training schools and when/where I may or may not go to Florida for Level I PGA stuff.

Yeah, I know... I was just playing along. Hopefully it works out to where you can get out and join us... that'd be pretty nice.

post #92 of 423

Just an update, the Tournament Director for Morongo got back to me and offered us $50 per person with tee times starting at 8am on April 7th.  I think that's pretty good.  Will let you guys know when other prices come in.

 

Here's the link to Morongo

www.tukwetcanyon.com

post #93 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Just an update, the Tournament Director for Morongo got back to me and offered us $50 per person with tee times starting at 8am on April 7th.  I think that's pretty good.  Will let you guys know when other prices come in.

 

Here's the link to Morongo

www.tukwetcanyon.com

It's going to be a long day anyway ... but I really like the idea of starting early like that.  Heck, I'd be up for 7am tee times if I thought the rest of you wouldn't tar and feather me. ;)

post #94 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Just an update, the Tournament Director for Morongo got back to me and offered us $50 per person with tee times starting at 8am on April 7th.  I think that's pretty good.  Will let you guys know when other prices come in.

 

Here's the link to Morongo

www.tukwetcanyon.com

That sounds pretty good to me... did he mention if it was the Champions or Legends course?

post #95 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

That sounds pretty good to me... did he mention if it was the Champions or Legends course?

 

Didn't say, what course do you think is best?

post #96 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Didn't say, what course do you think is best?

I've only played the Champions. Good course... but from what I've heard, so is the Legends... I don't think we can go wrong either way, just was curious.

post #97 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

I've only played the Champions. Good course... but from what I've heard, so is the Legends... I don't think we can go wrong either way, just was curious.

Just from the website, they both look pretty nice.  Assuming we play the second from back tees, I think the Legends is easier cuz it's shorter ... 6803 yards instead of 6804. ;)

 

Seriously though, on paper they both look pretty similar.

 

If anybody wants to look at it a different way, go here: http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel13/event/thegolfchannel13149/index.htm

 

Down the page towards the left hand side you can find a "course tour" that shows each hole in google maps.  There is a fun feature on there ... if you just click two points on a hole, it will give you the yardage. :)

post #98 of 423

Morongo just offered our group 15% off all food for the day.  As of right now both courses are available.

post #99 of 423

Tomorrow, I figure I'll confirm April 7th with Morongo unless anyone has objections or wants me to check in with one of the other courses.

post #100 of 423

Hey guys me and my son are still in, as long as you dont mind a couple of hackers...ha-ha.

post #101 of 423

Plane tickets for me are currently in the "Ambivalent Zone". a3_biggrin.gif

post #102 of 423

7th is my B-day and I'm feeling very lucky about this event!!!!!  c2_beer.gif

 

I might take my friend with me but will confirm soon....

post #103 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Tomorrow, I figure I'll confirm April 7th with Morongo unless anyone has objections or wants me to check in with one of the other courses.

Sounds good to me!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Plane tickets for me are currently in the "Ambivalent Zone". a3_biggrin.gif

Awesome!

post #104 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Plane tickets for me are currently in the "Ambivalent Zone". a3_biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Awesome!

I'll reserve my "awesome" comment until his tickets get moved into the "enthusiastic zone." :)

post #105 of 423

YOu all are to funny look forward to meeting you all.c3_clap.gif

post #106 of 423

I'll take up a collection. :) I wasn't factoring in parking at the airport in Buffalo. :D So now I just want to leave from Erie...

 

When is the best time too book said ticket? Now? A week out? A month out?

 

Erie to San Diego, April 4 to April 8. Anyone have any tips? Airline miles about to expire? Something? :D

post #107 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I'll take up a collection. :) I wasn't factoring in parking at the airport in Buffalo. :D So now I just want to leave from Erie...

 

When is the best time too book said ticket? Now? A week out? A month out?

 

Erie to San Diego, April 4 to April 8. Anyone have any tips? Airline miles about to expire? Something? :D

We come to New York once or twice every year and are always looking for deals/tips on airline tickets.  It always seemed to me that booking earlier was best, but I really have no idea.  (We're kinda hamstrung because one of our trips is always Thanksgiving - not a lot of "hot deals" then g1_wacko.gif)  I've read a silly thing on Yahoo once (no idea how accurate it is - its Yahoo after all) that said the best time to book airline tickets is on Tuesdays.  Flying on Tuesdays is also cheaper usually.  Expedia has Thursday-Monday at $520 ish right now, if you went Tues-Tues is't $100 less.  (And only 300 more for hotel :))

 

EDIT:  Amtrak is only $550 for a 3-day trip each way???

post #108 of 423

Man that is messed up you might as well give him a bus rate also!!!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion