What Are Your 2013 Golf Goals? Official Thread - Page 9
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
In 2012 I achieved all of my goals except one, and so that is my #1 goal for this year:
1) Become a single-digit handicap.
2) 50% GIR for the year.
3) Shoot an even par round of golf OR the course rating, whichever is higher, in any given round.
If I accomplish any of these (or am on pace to do so, for #2) by mid year, I will throw in another:
4) Get up-and-down 50% of the time
I'd like to amend my goals by adding one: Qualify for the NCGA Club Net Amateur championship. Qualifying is August 3rd for me at Apple Mountain. It sucks because I can't hit driver but maybe 3-4 holes on that course max, so working a lot on my mid-to-long irons for tee shot accuracy in hopes of playing well there.
Okay I want to play.
1) Get an eagle (sadly never had one)
2) Shoot a round in the 70s. I have a couple rounds of 80 already this year so that should be doable but I have never done it.
3)Improve my gir percentage to 50%+ in at least 4 rounds in a row
4) Get single digit handicap index
I play a lot of golf and pretty much year round in Charlotte so I will add some more when I hit these.
1. Break 72 ( lowest score in 2012 is still 72 ) 2. Get down to < 2 Handicap , improve in a all department of my game 3. Make more $ from a guy call Richard H . He has been kicking my butt in 2012 ( he is a 2 HDCper ) 4. Custom Fit a new set of Irons and an Edel putter 5. Attend Aim Point Class - Level 2 and Advanced .
1. Finally played 1 under in 2013 . Next Target for 2013 , play sub 70s.
2. Handicap still at 3.8 , long way to get to 2 . Need to get more consistent and reduce the error .
3. Getting there
4. Got myself an Edel in July and putting has been improving. Loving the putter ...
5. Still trying to find the time to do this ( since it is not available in China )
I can check these off of my list now. My main goal was to break 100 and I did that each of my last three rounds. My lowest round during this span was a 95 but the coolest thing was i ended the round with the same ball i started with. That ball is now on my desk at work. Gotta sit back and think of some new goals for 2014
My year end goal for 2013 is to be playing bogey golf or better.
Along the way I expect to achieve certain (obvious) milestones:
1. consistently shoot in the 90's
2. Break 90
3. Play a round without losing a ball
4. Improve fairways hit
5. Improve GIR's
I would also like to participate in a tournament or two, but that is less important.
So, glad to report that I've reached almost all my goals.
I'm regularly scoring in the low to mid 90's... I think I've had maybe 2 rounds that were over 100. My first round of the year was a 90...
Had a really good day earlier this summer shooting an 85... I kept an informal handicap record thru an app... It had me at 15.8, (which I thought was on the low side), before my annual subscription expired with them. But by all accounts I've accomplished my goals except for not losing a ball... Come pretty close tho.
Normally I would tack on some new goals at this point, but there's maybe 2 months of good golf left and I've scaled things back on playing to give the family more attention.
I'm hoping to use the remaining season to groove some tweaks to the swing and give them a test run on the course a few times