Consistently shoot in the 80's.
That is all.
Right now I'm a 12.8, so I'd like to take at least 3 strokes off of that and be a single digit. I managed to break 85 a handful of times this last year and broke 80 once, so I'd like to see my scores get down into the low 80s range consistently and see a few more scores in the 70s.
The biggest thing for me is going to be learning how to be more consistent off of the tee... My iron play has become more and more consistent and I pretty happy with that and the short game/putting seems to be coming around but the driver seems to be either be on or completely off... If I can figure that out the above shouldn't be too hard.
Oh, and one last thing... track EVERY round in Scorecard... I did a great job at the beginning of this year doing it and then about half way through I got lazy... I'd like to have an entire year of stats this time next year.
My goals are as follows:
1. continue physical therapy so my shoulder dysplasia is no longer a problem (should be accomplished by mid January :fingerscrossed:)
2. Take 3-5 private lessons (waiting to do it once my shoulder feels better)
3. get my swing in a good enough place (hopefully thanks to lessons) that I can start focusing more on my short game and putting to lower my scores
4. The big one and if I accomplish the goals above I think this one will take care of itself: CONSISTENCY
5. Maintain a handicap at 7 or below (currently hopping back from 10-12). Again if I accomplish 1-4 this one will take care of itself
My goal for 2013 is to not let my HC rise by more than 2 strokes.........
I'm joining a new course in 2013 and this course really kicks my butt. there is trouble everywhere...and when you do finally reach the green....they are very slopy and difficult to 2 putt unless you hit it close. I hope by playing it regularly, I can figure it out. Only time will tell...LOL
At my home course, where i have been playing 20-30 rounds each year for ten years:
1. Birdie #12 and #17, neither of which I have ever birdied.
2. Keep my handicap index under 10 for the whole year.
3. Play nine holes in even par.
4. Hit my irons more consistently, taking a few lessons if necessary.
Basically to build on what I did in 2012, which was a great year for me. I had fun, golfed some nice courses (founds some hidden gems) and overall felt like I golfed the best golf of my life.
goals for 2013
Improve my short game, 120yrds in
play more consistent on league
Improve my mental game
I'll play 2 sets of tees at my new home course..........73.2cr 141slope...forward tees.....and 75.2cr 144slope..(summer tees)
I look forward to the new challenge.......this course is brutal. If you don't like golf, we can talk bowling, because I do that too.
I'm a much better at golf though..(scratch)....but I can roll the rock...just a bit. 278 is my high game.