My goal this year is to continue researching the golf swing to find consistency. Ill have an awesome round one day followed by not breaking 110 for the next month.
What Are Your 2013 Golf Goals? Official Thread - Page 3
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Just joined the forum so first time poster here.
In 2012 I lowered my handicap from a 26 to a 19 and broke 90 three times (87 each time). My goals for 2013 are:
1. Get handicap below 15
2. Break 90 more frequently
3. Make an eagle
4. Make multiple birdies in a single round (never had more than 1 in a round)
5. Play Bethpage Black (I live in NYC and have played all bethpage courses except black)
So my goal is to:
--first practice (not play) everyday, get up everyday at 5am go to the garage and hit balls into
the optishot or the net until 7--8 oclock, got to the course or work depending on day.
--drop 25 lbs (body wieght obvioulsy), using treadmill and hour or more a day
--maybe a couple lessons with a pro to straighten out my driver--horrible slice.
--drop score to mid to low 70's by December 2013
--Tournament play after January 2014?? hopefully
thats it, sounds easy, or easy to say but itll be a ton of work, but fun as hell and truly rewarding
My year end goal for 2013 is to be playing bogey golf or better.
Along the way I expect to achieve certain (obvious) milestones:
1. consistently shoot in the 90's
2. Break 90
3. Play a round without losing a ball
4. Improve fairways hit
5. Improve GIR's
I would also like to participate in a tournament or two, but that is less important.
I have two goals for the next year
The first is to find a club around my house to join. I really think I'd enjoy getting to know people and playing golf with more than the 3 other people that I Play with now.
The biggest goal I have for next year is to play an entire round with one sleeve of balls. It really wouldn't seem so bad paying so much for balls if I didn't lose so many.
My game objective is to improve my consistency off the tee to hit more fairways and thereby hit more greens in regulation.
- My fairways hit was ~40% and GIR 27%. Objective is >50% and 40%.
- My short game improved to 31.7 putts per round down from 36 with putts per GIR at 2.0 and putts per missed GIR at 1.7. Objective <2.0 for GIR.
- To improve my consistency, I will build on my work with the driver and woods to improve accuracy.
My physical objective is to increase flexibility in my shoulders for a longer takeaway and better finish position at A10. This is a limiter for me right now at A10.
1. Break 80 - Success!
Result - shot a 79 and 77
2. Lower handicap to 13 (currently 22) - Failure!
Result - Currently 14.1 , close but no cigar
1. Lower Handicap to a 9 from 14.1
2. Get my Penalties per round under 1 , currently averaging 2.49 per round
3. Lower my 3 putt percentage to 6%, currently 15% (I know.. terrible!)
4. Get a hole in 1 (dream big, right?)