or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Fantasy Golf 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fantasy Golf 2013 - Page 5

post #73 of 105
Thread Starter 

Congrats to El Cid on a whopping 231 points for the week and 1st place. 

 

Hopefully the Sony Open will go more smoothly with its schedule. You will need to set your roster by the end of the day Wednesday. Good luck.

post #74 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****lfing View Post

Congrats to El Cid on a whopping 231 points for the week and 1st place. 

 

Hopefully the Sony Open will go more smoothly with its schedule. You will need to set your roster by the end of the day Wednesday. Good luck.

Wow, I'll take that start. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

post #75 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****lfing View Post

Hopefully the Sony Open will go more smoothly with its schedule.

 

I'm not sure it could do any worse... :)

post #76 of 105
Thread Starter 

Congrtas to The Groove Tube for winning The Sony Open week.

 

Groupings are now up in Yahoo. Good luck this week.

post #77 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlee7 View Post

I'll play again  this year and wow everyone with my 51st percentile showing. 

So far a I have improved one percentile point from last year and am firmly entrenched as "exactly average" at the 50th percentile.  f3_laugh.gif

post #78 of 105

So, I have a "hypothetical" question for you fantasy golfers a3_biggrin.gif:

 

If you had Brandt Snedeker and Tiger Woods in your A group, and you started Brandt, would you switch to start Tiger as he has now played the harder south course, but Brandt is currently in the lead???

 

What would you do? Of course I'm not asking for my own advice...f1_cool.gif

post #79 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post

So, I have a "hypothetical" question for you fantasy golfers a3_biggrin.gif:

 

If you had Brandt Snedeker and Tiger Woods in your A group, and you started Brandt, would you switch to start Tiger as he has now played the harder south course, but Brandt is currently in the lead???

 

What would you do? Of course I'm not asking for my own advice...f1_cool.gif

Depends on whether you want to preserve the starts...are these 2 guys you may use all 10 of their starts for the season? I don't think I would for the maybe 10 extra points max you might get. That being said, if Tiger torches it tomorrow and you end up switching him in on the weekend, you would burn the start anyways....Long way of saying MAYBE a3_biggrin.gif I have used that strategy at this tourney before, but I tried to do it with guys I wouldn't be using all 10 starts for in the season.

post #80 of 105

What ... am I the only guy who didn't pick Tiger? a4_sad.gif

post #81 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBDD View Post

What ... am I the only guy who didn't pick Tiger? a4_sad.gif

We have a solid league going here with The Sandtrap. I am in the 95th percentile overall with Yahoo, but I am 7th in our league... good picking so far guys, except for WWBDD for not taking Tigerd2_doh.gif

post #82 of 105

Any dropouts, yet?

post #83 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post

Any dropouts, yet?

I just deleted one for being inactive for 3 consecutive weeks, and there are 3 more who if they don't change their team for this week will be dropped. 

 

One spot available right now for someone who wants it.

post #84 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogolfing View Post

I just deleted one for being inactive for 3 consecutive weeks, and there are 3 more who if they don't change their team for this week will be dropped. 

 

One spot available right now for someone who wants it.

 

Just joined the group. You guys aren't going to know what hit you.

 

post #85 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post

So, I have a "hypothetical" question for you fantasy golfers a3_biggrin.gif:

 

If you had Brandt Snedeker and Tiger Woods in your A group, and you started Brandt, would you switch to start Tiger as he has now played the harder south course, but Brandt is currently in the lead???

 

What would you do? Of course I'm not asking for my own advice...f1_cool.gif

Yeah, I started both. Brandt the first day, and Tiger the last 3. Worked out fine for me, but the rest of my starters did not do well compared to other line ups

post #86 of 105

Wish Yahoo would show how many starts each Team has weekly and for the season on the League Standings page.

 

Q?, Are we limited to start a player only 10 times for the season, or per segment?

 

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

 

We should have a kitty for the Majors, or a weekly Skins Game would be cool.

 

Thanks, Club Rat
 

post #87 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Rat View Post

Wish Yahoo would show how many starts each Team has weekly and for the season on the League Standings page.

 

Q?, Are we limited to start a player only 10 times for the season, or per segment?

 

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

 

We should have a kitty for the Majors, or a weekly Skins Game would be cool.

 

Thanks, Club Rat
 

You get 10 starts per player for the entire season, not for each segment. 

post #88 of 105
Thread Starter 

Just dropped 4 teams out of the group for being inactive for 3 weeks....4 spots open if anyone wants to join the group.

post #89 of 105
Thread Starter 

Congrats to srjgolfer for his second win of the segment this week and for being on top of the winter segment standings.

 

Pebble Beach next week...

post #90 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogolfing View Post

Congrats to srjgolfer for his second win of the segment this week and for being on top of the winter segment standings.

Pebble Beach next week...

Thanks! I think I befriended a leprechaun somewhere. Two wins and inside the top 50 in the nation. Lots of golf left for the season!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Fantasy Golf 2013