Today was a very, very, very good day.... AND I WANT TO SCREAM to the World how good it was!!!!
Windy conditions today so I headed to the garage to work on my grip and slowly build back my strength...
Instead I found what I had been missing for the last 6 months since joining this site.
My takeaway had been steep since god knows when (the videos in this thread clearly proves this point)... Very steep... By flattening out my takeway, I was able to:
- Cock naturally (I can actually feel the tension in my intercoastals, obliques, and gluts)
- Release and finish smoothly and naturally with a slower tempo (4.6 to 5.3 seconds versus 3.5 to 3.9)
- Finish balanced (no overswing, good finishing stance, no groin pull or strain)
- Hit the target either on target, slightly left or slightly right
- Hit the target with power (I ripped a hole in my target (will post pic later))
Today I hit 110 balls, only shanked 8. I used my 6 iron (remember I could never it hit consistently??), my 7, and my 8.
I plan on providing film tomorrow for all to see... 5SK works definitely.
I am so excited that I am going to go back for another 50 balls just to see if I can replicate this morning's session (I will work slowly...).
Thank you all for your help, I was scared I had lost all that you guys have been teaching and telling me since my groin injury.