or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › Tim Tebow as a Starter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tim Tebow as a Starter. - Page 3

post #37 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Parker View Post

Tim Tebow not being a Starter much less a good QB is based on Prejudice and not on Facts. 

 

Here are some cold hard ones for you.

 

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tim-tebow-could-have-saved-5-gms-7-coaches-and-9-teams/20537/

 

Those are cold hard opinions... of one guy who calls himself a "potentate of pigskin".

post #38 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Parker View Post

Tim Tebow not being a Starter much less a good QB is based on Prejudice and not on Facts. 

 

Here are some cold hard ones for you.

 

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tim-tebow-could-have-saved-5-gms-7-coaches-and-9-teams/20537/

 

I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading the rubbish in that link.   

post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Parker View Post

Tim Tebow not being a Starter much less a good QB is based on Prejudice and not on Facts. 

 

Here are some cold hard ones for you.

 

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tim-tebow-could-have-saved-5-gms-7-coaches-and-9-teams/20537/

I don't want to knock you off your horse but this article did you no help. According to this ranking Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick have a higher rating than Tom Brady. I am a Niner fan, but I would trade both of them for Brady instantly. So when I read something like this, while interesting there are elements where the numbers just don't add up. 

post #40 of 55
Thread Starter 

Actually, this discussion has been fun. Time will tell who was right or wrong for sure. 

post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchepp View Post

I don't want to knock you off your horse but this article did you no help. According to this ranking Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick have a higher rating than Tom Brady. I am a Niner fan, but I would trade both of them for Brady instantly. So when I read something like this, while interesting there are elements where the numbers just don't add up. 

Why would you trade those 2 for Brady? His career is close to over - besides, neither your QBs nor Brady can beat the Giants!

post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

Why would you trade those 2 for Brady? His career is close to over - besides, neither your QBs nor Brady can beat the Giants!

The only team that can beat the Giants is the Giants and they do that quite well. 

 

My point was for this year, which the rating is based on. You are right Kaepernick has a very high ceiling but it is going to take him 3-5 years to reach it, he just started taking snaps under center with the 49ers. I should have been more clear to say that for the 2012 season I would have taken Brady over Smith/Kaepernick. 

post #43 of 55
post #44 of 55
Good riddance.
post #45 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Good riddance.

Yeah, you are much better off with your *coach* that knew hernandez was a homicidal maniac - he probably videotaped that too!

post #46 of 55
To be fair the Patriots were 3-0 in games Tebow played and 0-1 in games he did not. I am not going to say Tebow should be a starting QB in the league, but to say he doesn't deserve a spot as a backup is just stupid. He took a crap Broncos team and led them to a playoff win. Yes the defense played well at times. They were still a bottom half defense that year. He has his uses and shouldn't be out of the league.
post #47 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalFuzzyDice View Post

To be fair the Patriots were 3-0 in games Tebow played and 0-1 in games he did not. I am not going to say Tebow should be a starting QB in the league, but to say he doesn't deserve a spot as a backup is just stupid. He took a crap Broncos team and led them to a playoff win. Yes the defense played well at times. They were still a bottom half defense that year. He has his uses and shouldn't be out of the league.

You definitely didn't watch the Pats' preseason games then. He was truly brutal.

4/12 for 55, 1/7 for -1, and 6/11 for 91. Combined 11/30 for 145 yards.
post #48 of 55

Captain Bill thought he'd convince Tebow to give up his dream of being an NFL QB and work at TE to fill in for Gronk and NFL.  Tebow is delusional and believes he can start at QB, so rather than switch positions he got cut.  Bottom line coming from a die hard Jets fan, if he couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job, he's not going to be a QB in the NFL.  Time for Tim to look at his Arena and CFL options if he's determined to be a QB.  

 

He's a nice kid, but he's been drinking too much of his own Kool-Aid.  Someone close to him should point out that being a TE or FB is the NFL is better than QB in Arena of CFL.   

post #49 of 55

Ok, a few things really bother me when people talk about Tebow. One is the fact that people say he should move to TE. Why? He neither has the speed, size, or hands for a full position change. FB I can see, but TE is just not reasonable. Another thing is this thinking he should move to the CFL. The CFL is MORE of a passing league than the NFL. So if he can't throw, no one will want him in the CFL.

 

Also, it isn't that he could not beat out Sanchez. It's that Rex Ryan has a boner for Mark and couldn't give into his ego and let Tebow play. 

post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

Captain Bill thought he'd convince Tebow to give up his dream of being an NFL QB and work at TE to fill in for Gronk and NFL.  Tebow is delusional and believes he can start at QB, so rather than switch positions he got cut.  Bottom line coming from a die hard Jets fan, if he couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job, he's not going to be a QB in the NFL.  Time for Tim to look at his Arena and CFL options if he's determined to be a QB.  

 

He's a nice kid, but he's been drinking too much of his own Kool-Aid.  Someone close to him should point out that being a TE or FB is the NFL is better than QB in Arena of CFL.   

 

I agree that as long as Tebow firmly believes he's a QB, he won't play in the NFL. He needs to understand that he performed well as running/half/full back or even a TE and he probably should consider those positions. 

 

As for him not beating out Mark Sanchez, I think that Rex Ryan really didn't want Tebow on the field and his mind was made up even before the last preseason started. 

post #51 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

Captain Bill thought he'd convince Tebow to give up his dream of being an NFL QB and work at TE to fill in for Gronk and NFL.  Tebow is delusional and believes he can start at QB, so rather than switch positions he got cut.  Bottom line coming from a die hard Jets fan, if he couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job, he's not going to be a QB in the NFL.  Time for Tim to look at his Arena and CFL options if he's determined to be a QB.  

 

He's a nice kid, but he's been drinking too much of his own Kool-Aid.  Someone close to him should point out that being a TE or FB is the NFL is better than QB in Arena of CFL.   

Nah.  He brought in a third QB, who could run to work on defense of the read option that a lot of teams are using.  Buffalo may use this as well as the Jets with Geno.  All the TE in camp were way better at TE than Tebow could ever be.  Tebow has never played any of those positions and would be far behind any NFL level player at those positions.  He is only an effective runner because people expect him to pass.  The difference between him and all the QBs who run well, from Rogers and Roethlisberger to the new breed, is they are good passers too.

post #52 of 55

He was great while he lasted.  You know people are constantly complaining about the lack of morals and class in the NFL.  Stars are banging strippers with cocaine in hotel rooms, getting caught with PEDs, narcotics, illegal weapons, etc.  And so Tebow comes along, but oh no he is TOO nice.  An honest God-fearing man came along and the NFL and media chewed him up and spit him out.  America begged for someone like Tebow to come along for quite some time for both college and NFL.  At least he has left a great legacy in college ball.  Too bad he can't find a spot in the NFL, I am one of his biggest fans.

post #53 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post
 

He was great while he lasted.  You know people are constantly complaining about the lack of morals and class in the NFL.  Stars are banging strippers with cocaine in hotel rooms, getting caught with PEDs, narcotics, illegal weapons, etc.  And so Tebow comes along, but oh no he is TOO nice.  An honest God-fearing man came along and the NFL and media chewed him up and spit him out.  America begged for someone like Tebow to come along for quite some time for both college and NFL.  At least he has left a great legacy in college ball.  Too bad he can't find a spot in the NFL, I am one of his biggest fans.

I am all for athletes with faith but Tebow forces it.  It was not the fault of the media, they did not make him bad.  He is just not very good.  You want someone with the morals that you are talking about, how about Aaron Rodgers.  I prefer his method of faith anyway:

 

“When it comes to talking to others about his faith, Rodgers is not one who preaches or pushes his faith on others. “I like the saying from St. Francis of Assisi, ‘Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words.’ I try to live my life in a way that reflects my faith in the Lord,” Rodgers says. “I don’t like to get in peoples’ faces. The best way for me is: Let your actions talk about your beliefs, start a relationship with others, then finally there is a chance for questions.”

post #54 of 55
Tim Tebow refuses position change:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9640640/tim-tebow-refused-change-positions-report?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
Tim Tebow, looking for a job after being released by the New England Patriots, refused to change positions after an NFL team expressed interest in him, according to a report by Peter King of Sports Illustrated.

The report didn't say which team approached Tebow.

In addition to maintaining a strong desire to remain a quarterback, Tebow turned down an offer to play in the Canadian Football League. USA Rugby even came calling, King reported. The report also said that Tebow would return to the NFL only if given the chance to play quarterback.

Released by the Patriots on Saturday after struggling during the preseason, Tebow has said he will be in "relentless pursuit" of continuing his dream of being an NFL quarterback.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › Tim Tebow as a Starter.