or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread - Page 14

post #235 of 292

Tiger is officially back. Possibly better than ever due to his having grown from the rough patch. He's got that calm mind again during the shots.

 

Not surprising at all. This guy seems to have hit the nail on the head with his article.

 

http://gurugolfing.blogspot.com/2013/01/why-tiger-woods-will-be-no.html

post #236 of 292

Yep, Tiger wasn't happy about the pace.

 

He lost his concentration, and told himself to man up on 18.

post #237 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Yep, Tiger wasn't happy about the pace.

 

He lost his concentration, and told himself to man up on 18.

I think he knows in his heart of hearts... That he needs to fix some loose ends in the swing.  His swing looks too steep to me... And is forcing his path left.  Hard to not close the face with a driver and hook it left when you do that...

post #238 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

So that was about 3:40 to play 11 holes. The PGA Tour doesn't seem to think there's a problem with that. Okaaaaaayyyyyyy..... Thanks for the leading the way on that one, guys.

 

Almost a 6 1/2 hour pace for 18.   They ought to make Finchem sit down and watch the whole thing today without letting him the fast forward on the DVR.    If a round like this doesn't get some people put on the clock, nothing will.  

post #239 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Yep, Tiger wasn't happy about the pace.

 

He lost his concentration, and told himself to man up on 18.

Sheesh I think we all lost concentration during that mess. I actually decided to get some work done rather than endure the tedium of Fritsch and Compton's play. It became unwatchable for me.

post #240 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Ch-ching!  One down, 4 more (and a few other things) to go!

 

(If you win a new driver for correctly picking the winner and winning score in the majors, then what do I get for this prediction?)

 

A broken tee, perhaps??

 

Last week I was actually thinking that it may be a good idea to do a season-long prediction contest.  I almost started a thread about it.  Something like this:

 

FedEx Cup Winner

Player of the Year (or whatever it's called)

#1 Ranked golfer at the end of the season

Major Winners (specific to each major, singular predictions)

PGA Tour Most Wins

European Tour Most Wins

Maybe some predictions for LPGA, but only for most wins and possibly for majors?

 

Also, maybe some major statistical categories like #1 for GIR, Total Driving, Scrambling, Putting, whatever.

 

Basically how it would work is you'd get a predetermined number of points for each correct guess, and the person with the most points at the end of the season wins the contest.  I would be willing to contribute a package of Red Vines to the winning prize.

 

Oh, and this post is off-topic a3_biggrin.gif.  Just FYI b2_tongue.gif

post #241 of 292

in all seriousness, is there anything we can do to contact a big-wig at the PGA?  i would write an email about how ridiculous that was to watch...

post #242 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I would be willing to contribute a package of Red Vines to the winning prize.

Good man.  If anybody says they would prefer Twizzlers, then you should ban them completely from the contest. :)

post #243 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I think he knows in his heart of hearts... That he needs to fix some loose ends in the swing.  His swing looks too steep to me... And is forcing his path left.  Hard to not close the face with a driver and hook it left when you do that...

 

I agree that his swing was pathetic at times during that closing stretch, but I truly believe that him and a lot of the rest of the field mailed a lot of that round in.  The whole thing had an anti-climactic vibe to it.  I think the last 5-6 holes were not indicative of where Tiger's game is at right now.  

post #244 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clambake View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

So that was about 3:40 to play 11 holes. The PGA Tour doesn't seem to think there's a problem with that. Okaaaaaayyyyyyy..... Thanks for the leading the way on that one, guys.

 

Almost a 6 1/2 hour pace for 18.   They ought to make Finchem sit down and watch the whole thing today without letting him the fast forward on the DVR.    If a round like this doesn't get some people put on the clock, nothing will.  

 

Yea, and it should probably be Clockwork Orange style. Just so the effects can really sink in a3_biggrin.gif

 

 

post #245 of 292

Tuesday morning here. Is the Torrey tourny over yet? Tiger wins? 

post #246 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clambake View Post

Almost a 6 1/2 hour pace for 18.   They ought to make Finchem sit down and watch the whole thing today without letting him the fast forward on the DVR.    If a round like this doesn't get some people put on the clock, nothing will.  

Maybe someone advised against putting Compton on the clock?  The guy's already on the clock. e5_innocent.gif

post #247 of 292
Horses for courses. Tiger has 22 of his 75 PGA Tour wins at three tracks. Torrey Pines, Bay Hill and Firestone.
post #248 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

Horses for courses. Tiger has 22 of his 75 PGA Tour wins at three tracks. Torrey Pines, Bay Hill and Firestone.

The guy has 75 PGA Tour wins... And plays a limited schedule every year.  Of course his wins are going to be piling up at the same event when you start hitting those kind of win totals, combined with the way he plays his annual schedule.

post #249 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

The guy has 75 PGA Tour wins... And plays a limited schedule every year.  Of course his wins are going to be piling up at the same event when you start hitting those kind of win totals, combined with the way he plays his annual schedule.

Don't make excuses for him, Beach!  He's a loser!  Only 53 wins at other courses???  Pathetic. g1_wacko.gif

post #250 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

He hit a 3W with about a -9 AoA. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

He always has a slightly closed face, as he's in palmar flexion at the top. 

 

When they make the Revenge of the Golf Nerds movie, you can have the Robert Carradine role.

post #251 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

Slow play aside, I don't think I will ever understand why a player like Tiger, with the incredible talent he has, seems to be unable to find a way to hit a driver. If his driver was even close to the average player's driver, he'd be double digits ahead of the field.  Even on 17 when he played what appeared to be a popped up 3 wood, it was still his incredibly poor driving that caused that club selection in the first place.  He's still going to win by at least 3 or 4 strokes but, I think that he will still see it as a failure.  

 

He has to know that he can't keep winning, especially in majors, unless he gets something figured out with his tee shots.

 

Really???  So being 5th in total driving for 2012 and, overall, driving as good or better this week isn't even close to the average players drive?  Seriously?

 

Don;t you think you are setting the bar a little higher (like about 20 feet) for Tiger than anyone else?  What does he have to do to get his "driver [was even] close to the average player's driver" in your eyes?  Lead the tour in bot distance AND accuracy?

 

Also, he can't win majors the way he is driving?  Actually he has had several years where he wasn't driving it nearly as well as he is now when he won multiple majors.

post #252 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

When they make the Revenge of the Golf Nerds movie, you can have the Robert Carradine role.

 

Beach, don't forget to practice the laugh!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread