or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 WM Phoenix Open Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 WM Phoenix Open Discussion Thread - Page 3

post #37 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

If he finishes eagle-birdie-eagle-birdie he can shoot another 60.  He already got the first eagle and 17 is drivable.  Crazier things have happened.

I'm looking for him to finish 44 under par at the end of the day Sunday. :)
The PGA Tour's 36-hole (first two rounds) scoring record is 124. He needs one more birdie to break it.
post #38 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Anybody know why Pat Perez got DQ'd?  Just curious.
Signing an incorrect scorecard. He wasn't making the cut, anyway.
post #39 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post


Signing an incorrect scorecard. He wasn't making the cut, anyway.

Yeah, he was 2 over.

 

There are 132 players in this tournament (counting him, and Davis Love, who withdrew) and there are currently only 17 guys over par.  By their standards, I guess you would call this a pretty easy course. ;)

post #40 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post


The PGA Tour's 36-hole (first two rounds) scoring record is 124. He needs one more birdie to break it.

He just doubled 18.

post #41 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post


The PGA Tour's 36-hole (first two rounds) scoring record is 124. He needs one more birdie to break it.

He just doubled 18.

 

Phil being Phil.  Every time he has a chance to do something great, he somehow makes an unforced error.  He plays a 3W of the tee, then still doesn't play it safe.  Or did he just miss hit it that badly?  I expect that sort of shot from me, but a Tour pro should be able to play a safe tee shot with a 3W at least 95 out of 100 tries.  Then he follows it up after the drop with an equally poor approach.  I love the guy, but he's aging me faster than I can afford.

post #42 of 102

Did anybody else notice ben crane getting pissed at someone in the stands on hole #16 today?wonder what that was about?

post #43 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz28179 View Post

Did anybody else notice ben crane getting pissed at someone in the stands on hole #16 today?wonder what that was about?

 

Can't imagine ... such a well behaved gallery.

 

Maybe someone sniffled during his backswing.

post #44 of 102

The caddie races are a bit much.

post #45 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBDD View Post

The caddie races are a bit much.

I have to agree with you.

 

I do like that this tournament is unique with the fans making noise, and it's not like the players don't know this coming in.  Obviously the players don't seem to mind, if they did they wouldn't come here.

post #46 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfanatic35 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBDD View Post

The caddie races are a bit much.

I have to agree with you.

 

I do like that this tournament is unique with the fans making noise, and it's not like the players don't know this coming in.  Obviously the players don't seem to mind, if they did they wouldn't come here.

 

And some don't, in part because of the soccer match atmosphere.  If I was a relatively successful pro, I'd probably skip it too.  Just doesn't belong in golf.  (jmo)

post #47 of 102

Phil is probably the only one disappointed in a 60-65 that should have been a 59 (with any good luck) and a 63, if he had used his analytical brain. 

post #48 of 102
So Phil hits his 9 iron 175 yards. What does he hit his 3 iron? Maybe 250? So he's got 7 clubs for 75 yards, 3 wedges for 0–170 and 3 woods/driver for 255–320?

I guess these guys can probably hit their 7 iron 140 yards if they want to. It just seems inefficient.
post #49 of 102

Snedeker shoots three great rounds and he's 6 back when they tee off on Sunday.  All I can say about Phil is WOW!!

post #50 of 102

I am glad I had the foresight to pick Phil for my fantasy team as a starter....have Brandt too... Ouch....I just hurt myself while patting my own back...

post #51 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post

So Phil hits his 9 iron 175 yards. What does he hit his 3 iron? Maybe 250? So he's got 7 clubs for 75 yards, 3 wedges for 0–170 and 3 woods/driver for 255–320?

I guess these guys can probably hit their 7 iron 140 yards if they want to. It just seems inefficient.

 

His 9i is 41*, which is 2-3* strong.  And he said that he always takes one less club on 16 and hits it hard because of the charged up nature of that hole and the adrenaline he typically feels on that tee.  And that ball pitched forward about 10 yds.  So, what you actually have is Phil hitting a 9+ iron full out and carrying it about 165.

 

Phil is very long, but when you look at it that way, it doesn't seem as quite as ridiculous.

post #52 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

And some don't, in part because of the soccer match atmosphere.  If I was a relatively successful pro, I'd probably skip it too.  Just doesn't belong in golf.  (jmo)

I am total opposite of you.I love the football atmosphere(dont watch soccer).Wish we would see more courses like this.If I was a betting man I would bet money that in 10-20 yrs you will see more courses have a hole like #16.So guys that dont play it better start getting use to it

post #53 of 102

The callaway x hot extreme driver that phil has been using is going on my most wanted list lol

post #54 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfanatic35 View Post

I have to agree with you.

I do like that this tournament is unique with the fans making noise, and it's not like the players don't know this coming in.  Obviously the players don't seem to mind, if they did they wouldn't come here.
I guess you notice Tiger's not there. This is why.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 WM Phoenix Open Discussion Thread