or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Number of 5SK Earned vs. Handicap
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Number of 5SK Earned vs. Handicap - Page 2

post #19 of 48

Yeah the best players have keys 1-4 pretty consistently. But all you have to do is YouTube "<insert tour player here> shank" and you'll see how hard key 5 is...

post #20 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkling8 View Post

Yeah the best players have keys 1-4 pretty consistently. But all you have to do is YouTube "<insert tour player here> shank" and you'll see how hard key 5 is...

LOL, excedpt I think a shank falls into a failed Key #4 category (sweetspot path).

post #21 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

LOL, excedpt I think a shank falls into a failed Key #4 category (sweetspot path).

Haha well to be fair it WAS still "diagonal". More like "diagonal hosel path" I guess.

post #22 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkling8 View Post

Haha well to be fair it WAS still "diagonal". More like "diagonal hosel path" I guess.

Ha ... key #6:  Don't shank it!  (Maybe call it key 4.5) :)

post #23 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

That would be a poll in and of itself.  I find Key 1 to be harder than Keys 2 and 3, and perhaps even 4.  Key 5???  Forget about it!

 

I think that puts too much importance on a STILL head and not enough on a "relatively steady" head. I don't care if your head moves back four inches if you strike the ball solidly.

 

I'll share the plot later today. Busy schedule lately.

post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

I'll share the plot later today. Busy schedule lately.

 

d1_bigcry.gif

post #25 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDutch View Post

 

Date does not exist unitl 2017, do we have to wait that longe2_whistling.gif

 

 

Maybe you were right a2_wink.gif

post #26 of 48
Thread Starter 

Yeah yeah. :)

 

Here's the plot. I don't know who won - maybe y'all can tell me.

 

 

 

 

Median Values

0 Keys: 30

1 Key: 18

2 Keys: 9

3 Keys: 5

4 Keys: 1

5 Keys: -1

 

The sample size was over 400 golfers. The ranges likely account for the different courses people play as well as their difference in short game/putting, distances (i.e. a 4-key guy that only hits the ball 225), etc.

post #27 of 48

To my eye, Mchepp looks like the winner.

post #28 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post

To my eye, Mchepp looks like the winner.

I think you might be right ... although you and Saevel weren't terribly far off either.  Kinda hard to say.

 

If I could just slide my graph straight down about 3 notches, I wouldn't be too far off.  I at least got the curvature somewhat right. :)

 

Good info!

post #29 of 48
To grade, we could add up how many strokes off each person was for each key. For example, I was right on for 0 keys, off by 2 for 1 key, off by 2 for 2 keys, off by 3 for 3 keys, off by 1 for 4 keys, and right on for 5 keys.

Add all that up and I was off by 8 total.

Then again, I might be biased because I think that would have me winning (unless I completely messed up that math), plus saevel25 gave ranges not strict values. And if that's so I'll disqualify myself, I don't need anything anyway. It was fun. a1_smile.gif
post #30 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

The sample size was over 400 golfers. The ranges likely account for the different courses people play as well as their difference in short game/putting, distances (i.e. a 4-key guy that only hits the ball 225), etc.

 

If you're counting 400 students, then you've got to be counting the evolvr people, right? Not just your live lessons?  Do you guys track what keys everyone has earned?  I can't imagine you reviewed 400 lessons to figure out where everyone is just to put this together.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I think you might be right ... although you and Saevel weren't terribly far off either.  Kinda hard to say.

 

If I could just slide my graph straight down about 3 notches, I wouldn't be too far off.  I at least got the curvature somewhat right. :)

 

Good info!

Saeval might be as close as Mchepp.  I under estimated the power of keys 4 and 5.  

post #31 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

To grade, we could add up how many strokes off each person was for each key. For example, I was right on for 0 keys, off by 2 for 1 key, off by 2 for 2 keys, off by 3 for 3 keys, off by 1 for 4 keys, and right on for 5 keys.

Add all that up and I was off by 8 total.

Then again, I might be biased because I think that would have me winning (unless I completely messed up that math), plus saevel25 gave ranges not strict values. And if that's so I'll disqualify myself, I don't need anything anyway. It was fun. a1_smile.gif

Good idea!  I was off by a total of 13.  Looks like mchepp was right around 7 or 8, and since Jamo signed an incorrect scorecard (or something like that) I would tend to concur with the dsc's original guess that mchepp is our man!!

 

Congrats!

post #32 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post

If you're counting 400 students, then you've got to be counting the evolvr people, right? Not just your live lessons?  Do you guys track what keys everyone has earned?  I can't imagine you reviewed 400 lessons to figure out where everyone is just to put this together.

 

We talked to some other instructors too. It's not just from Dave and I.

post #33 of 48
That graph could sell more units than all your other advertising combined.

2 keys pretty much guarantees you become one of the best golfers you know!
post #34 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post

To my eye, Mchepp looks like the winner.

 

That guy wins everything! a2_wink.gif

post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

... (i.e. a 4-key guy that only hits the ball 225) ...

 

Hmmm. Where you gon' find one a dem?

 

PS: I like the plot very much, although I'm not sure anyone ever really "gets" 4 & 5 100%* at the same time, except for short stretches, during which they win majors!

post #36 of 48

Is the first key also the most easy key, fifth most difficult?

 

And what's the best HCP without a key and with only one?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Number of 5SK Earned vs. Handicap