or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › caught a thief!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

caught a thief! - Page 2

post #19 of 31

If this person remains in the profession and steals from someone else to me, that makes you an accomplice. Theft is theft.

My 2c.

post #20 of 31
Give us the phone number of her agency. We'll ALL call, that'll have some impact.
post #21 of 31

Jeez guys don't be too harsh. Didn't any of you guys **** up when you were young. I spent years ****ing up on the wrong side of the law and if you want to make a crim an even bigger crim send them to gaol. 

post #22 of 31

Logman I think you are missing the fact it was grandma you do not mess with grandma!

My wife's grandma made the news she was the one that the young man was selling the vacuum cleaners and came back to borrow the phone. Then him, another guy and a girl beat her tide her up, put her in her car and drove around beating her for 3 days. When they pulled the people over they found her in the car with a shovel. It made all the news so no there is no Mercy for a person or persons that attack the old period.

That is not f-ing up that is disgusting.

post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by logman View Post

Jeez guys don't be too harsh. Didn't any of you guys **** up when you were young. I spent years ****ing up on the wrong side of the law and if you want to make a crim an even bigger crim send them to gaol. 

 

I don't see anyone being too harsh. And I don't agree with letting people get away with criminal behavior.

 

I think you handled it just fine, bnz. I would follow up with the company though, and would call and ask to speak to someone specifically.

 

And you might not have caught all of the thieves. Could have more than one on your hands.

post #24 of 31

+1

 

Did she return all the money she stole or just what you caught her on cam stealing?  Why would the OP allow a person like this to continue to prey on the elderly? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post


This is the right answer!

I'm sorry you didn't follow through. No telling how many other people she'll steal from as a result.....
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

I don't see anyone being too harsh. And I don't agree with letting people get away with criminal behavior.

 

I think you handled it just fine, bnz. I would follow up with the company though, and would call and ask to speak to someone specifically.

 

And you might not have caught all of the thieves. Could have more than one on your hands.

Take your point Iacas, but often getting caught can be enough to shock petty thieves into a reality check. However, getting the law involved can be tragic. Having a "they did the crime so therefore they need to go to prison" attitude seems just but all you do is make a better crim.

post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by logman View Post

Take your point Iacas, but often getting caught can be enough to shock petty thieves into a reality check. However, getting the law involved can be tragic. Having a "they did the crime so therefore they need to go to prison" attitude seems just but all you do is make a better crim.

Or you can teach them that even getting caught can carry no consequences......

Nothing worse than a thief. Nothing. Guarantee they cheat at golf too.
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by logman View Post

Take your point Iacas, but often getting caught can be enough to shock petty thieves into a reality check. However, getting the law involved can be tragic. Having a "they did the crime so therefore they need to go to prison" attitude seems just but all you do is make a better crim.

 

I prefer to let others who are paid and have dedicated their lives to figuring out how criminals should be dealt with deal with them. It's not my decision. Not my call.

post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by logman View Post

Take your point Iacas, but often getting caught can be enough to shock petty thieves into a reality check. However, getting the law involved can be tragic. Having a "they did the crime so therefore they need to go to prison" attitude seems just but all you do is make a better crim.


Sorry but that's just ....  You have no idea how far this has gone for her.  For all you know, she could also be knocking off banks at night and does this for kicks during the day.  Point is, when people decide to do something that is blatantly against the law, there is no half measures in my book.  As someone else noted, I believe criminals that are caught but not turned in are more likely to think that they can get away with it again rather than being "scared straight".

 

By the way, jail time isn't the only sentence that comes from this.  That's left to the judge to decide and typically revolves the entire facts, including any previous issues.  Let the courts handle that part.  We've dedicated a lot of time, resources, and effort to make sure this system is in place.  How about giving it a chance to work before bypassing it?  I'm not sure if this happened in the US, but if it did, please see above.

 

This whole thought process of the system makes the criminal is ridiculous.  It's been proven to be false over and over again but people still believe it's true. 

 

edit: Changed my wording a bit, realized it may have come off as attacks against the poster.


Edited by Nole77 - 2/18/13 at 12:42pm
post #29 of 31

I'm not saying do nothing here, I'm saying do something but make the something useful. Do you have "good behaiviour" in the US? That might be a better outcome rather than anything else

post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

Call the police, she's a criminal.  Who knows how many others she's stealing from?

Ditto

post #31 of 31

You've got no reason NOT to go to her supervisors. If anyone ruined anything, she's the one who ruined her own career when she decided to start stealing from the people she should be helping. These ****ing hospice people are ridiculous. My wifes grandma is going through hospice care right now and if my wife wasn't a RAC auditor for the government and didn't have a background dealing with Medicare/Medicaid, nothing would ever get done. She has had to call numerous times to get them to approve something without charge not to mention follow up to make sure they did it. It's ridiculous.

 

So with that being said, you need to show that evidence and get her ass canned. She deserves it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › caught a thief!