or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Accenture Match Play Bracket Challenge and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Accenture Match Play Bracket Challenge and Discussion Thread - Page 8

post #127 of 248
Hey guys - we can edit our picks or are they set in stone? Just wondering I've looked in my spam folder and can't seem to find that link to my bracket - since I lost Tiger and Rory early can I have The players that are moving on as picks or no? Excuse my confusion!
post #128 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber View Post

Hey guys - we can edit our picks or are they set in stone? Just wondering I've looked in my spam folder and can't seem to find that link to my bracket - since I lost Tiger and Rory early can I have The players that are moving on as picks or no? Excuse my confusion!

Nope, set in stone they are indeed.
post #129 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Nope, set in stone they are indeed.
Thanks Jamo! Hope I have a better day tomorrow lol
post #130 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post

I don't doubt it makes it less interesting for the fringe fans or LCD but I'm more interested if anything.

 

Agree and same here.

 

I hope Lowry goes all the way now ... he makes me feel good about my physique.

post #131 of 248

I like it.......... Although I did have a conversation with a friend that said he wouldn't watch the rest because he didn't know who half the players are or anything about them.  To me, that makes it even more intriguing.

 

I think it shows how deep the fields are compared to just a few years ago, when you knew the winner was going to be one of a few people.  I have no clue who's going to take this one.

post #132 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber View Post

Hey guys - we can edit our picks or are they set in stone? Just wondering I've looked in my spam folder and can't seem to find that link to my bracket - since I lost Tiger and Rory early can I have The players that are moving on as picks or no? Excuse my confusion!

 

I bet I could do pretty well over all with a mulligan after each round!   a3_biggrin.gif

post #133 of 248

Happy to See Henley get through, but aside from that it sucks for my brackets, McIlroy, Woods, Scott, Manassero all gone. 

post #134 of 248
Woods can't play match play
post #135 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18 View Post

... it sucks for my brackets ...

 

Yeah ... that's the general sentiment.

post #136 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpj070 View Post

Woods can't play match play

 

A record three straight US Amateur championships?  All played at match play.  He used to be one of the best at match play  The problem is that the pros lose that mano y mano edge because they don't play enough match play once they turn pro.  Match play takes a different mindset, because you have only one round to do your damage.  There is more pressure to have immediate success, and that can even have an adverse effect on Tiger Woods.  The higher the expectations, both for yourself and from the fans/media/etc., the more pressure there is.  

 

Tiger is not the natural player that he was when he was an amateur.  He is more mechanical now, and I honestly think that match play is more of an art form than an engineering construct.  He seems to have lost touch with the art of golf.

post #137 of 248
I agree and I didn't mean that woods didn't once have the ability but he doesn't perform well in Ryder cups consistently and other match play tournaments anymore. Plus I am not really sold on the fact that he's back like everyone else has said. His win at Torrey pines which happens to be one of his favorite courses and he still didn't hit that many fairways. He scrambled and won. Not the same dominating woods we once all knew.
post #138 of 248
Bros you should have consulted me before you picked. My only regret was not picking Stricker. I called Henley, Howell III, and Lawry to upset all three matches. I got Poulter going all the way for the win. He'll take out Oosty to get there. Webb and Mahan will also go deep. My winnings so far are 240,000 and I think ricky will lose and Molinari will win bumping it to 270,000 through the first round. Love fantasy golf/football yall
post #139 of 248

Also I am shocked Dufner got knocked out in the first round. I didnt have him going deep but at least get through round 1.

Match play is by far , to me, the most interesting format to watch and play golf. I'd rather compete vs a person rather than par.

post #140 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBDD View Post

 

Yeah ... that's the general sentiment.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

A record three straight US Amateur championships?  All played at match play.  He used to be one of the best at match play  

 

In the record books this one goes down as a first-round loss for Tiger, but it's not exactly like he played bad.  Bogey-free 70 on a tough layout, 12/14 fairways and 14/18 greens on a tough layout is pretty good overall play, but his putting was barely average.  Howell had about the same day ball-striking wise (3 fewer FWYs; 1 more GIR), but stuffed it a couple times and made a couple bombs.  

post #141 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18 View Post

Happy to See Henley get through, but aside from that it sucks for my brackets, McIlroy, Woods, Scott, Manassero all gone. 

Pfft... amateur, I managed to pick all 8 games in the Jones bracket wrong!!

 

Big thanks to Hilton for being worse than me! For now at least. 

post #142 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

 

 

In the record books this one goes down as a first-round loss for Tiger, but it's not exactly like he played bad.  Bogey-free 70 on a tough layout, 12/14 fairways and 14/18 greens on a tough layout is pretty good overall play, but his putting was barely average.  Howell had about the same day ball-striking wise (3 fewer FWYs; 1 more GIR), but stuffed it a couple times and made a couple bombs.  


Excellent post.  Fun to watch.

 

Tiger didn't lose this one.  Howell "won" it.  Good for him.

 

I enjoyed the show - I don't watch much and haven't seen much match play - it was exciting, like watching playoff holes every time.  With people being more aggressive on each hole, it was nice to see top level players taking so many more chances so we could see more spectacular misses.....

post #143 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansteadimp View Post

Pfft... amateur, I managed to pick all 8 games in the Jones bracket wrong!!

Whatever.  I would argue that picking them all wrong is equally as impressive as picking them all right!  That's tough to do ... congrats!

post #144 of 248

I think Thorbjorn Olesen will win the whole thing.  He has been the leader or near the top in the past 4-5 European Tour tournaments I've seen on the golf channel. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Accenture Match Play Bracket Challenge and Discussion Thread