or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Why is everyone hatin' on my Puma gear?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why is everyone hatin' on my Puma gear? - Page 2

post #19 of 41

Daisy Dukes? Nice ref. I wore those when I was young, skinny and rocking a multet. Of course Daisy always looked so much better in them... but have you seeen her lately? It's like Tawny Kitaen ate Daisy Duke which resulted in Honey Boo Boo's mom.

post #20 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker101 View Post

In this day and age no one cares what you wear, your buddy's are there to give you a hard time, that what they do. A head to toe orange Popsicle may be a bit to much.

At 50 if I wore that stuff my kids would call me a creeper!

 

I just hate it when you see guys sporting the Daisy Duke shorts!

This.  I'm not trying to see a middle aged mans thighs

post #21 of 41

tmf9 I do not want to see any mans thighs no matter what his age..ha-ha.

But the point is wear what you want, if you look good and are sporting nice stuff who cares..just leave the short, shorts at home.

post #22 of 41

Colours are always better than the beige brigade you usually see on the course. Khakis and a white shirt, khakis and a baby blue shirt, khakis and a black shirt.

 

Khakis that are too big and shirts that are too big.

post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker101 View Post

In this day and age no one cares what you wear, your buddy's are there to give you a hard time, that what they do. A head to toe orange Popsicle may be a bit to much.

At 50 if I wore that stuff my kids would call me a creeper!

 

I just hate it when you see guys sporting the Daisy Duke shorts!

LOL, exactly.

post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa View Post

I think it is cool to see someone wearing some of the nice Puma stuff. I don't buy it for cost reasons. It looks really nice. But hey this year I will be wearing Nike shoes hat and glove and use clubs and balls. I fully expect comments. Nothing wrong with matching logos in my opinion.

 

if you're looking for a cheaper puma alternative, check out the Fila gear that Kohl's is offering

post #25 of 41

I like Puma gear alot, and I've looked into it recently since Im considering picking up the AMP driver. Where what you want, you paid for it. Rock the hell out of it!

post #26 of 41
It's fine man wear what you like. I'm a huge fan of taylormade and adidas gear so that's all I wear.
post #27 of 41

I get grief from my buddies because I have all Callaway equipment. 

post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryTimes View Post

I get grief from my buddies because I have all Callaway equipment. 

Other than the Warbirds they are probably just jealous.  The X-20's were highly rated when they came out.  If it all works for you, beat their butt on the course and they will shut up. 

post #29 of 41

The rule of thumb is that if you wear loud clothes, you better have a great golf game to match.  the loud clothes draw attention, and it is bad news if your a bad golfer.  They would probably say that you should of used money for lessons instead of those clothes.  I'm a pretty good golfer, and I wear nothing but loud clothes.  I might get a few rickie jokes, but once they see me tee off i don't hear anymore jokes. I have the all orange, yellow, and green puma gear from head to toe. very expensive stuff, but I feel great playing in them. Don't expect for the jokes to go away ever, but if you want to go under the radar, just wear the plain and neutral golf clothes.

post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardR View Post

The rule of thumb is that if you wear loud clothes, you better have a great golf game to match.  the loud clothes draw attention, and it is bad news if your a bad golfer.  They would probably say that you should of used money for lessons instead of those clothes.  I'm a pretty good golfer, and I wear nothing but loud clothes.  I might get a few rickie jokes, but once they see me tee off i don't hear anymore jokes. I have the all orange, yellow, and green puma gear from head to toe. very expensive stuff, but I feel great playing in them. Don't expect for the jokes to go away ever, but if you want to go under the radar, just wear the plain and neutral golf clothes.

I got a Rickie joke the other day on the first tee because I had on an aqua colored puma shirt with matching puma golf shoes.  A guy looked at me on the first tee and said "What you think your Rickie Fowler don't you?  The first hole is about 315 and i really got into a drive and put it past the green and about 10 yards right of it, I was smiling ear to ear and said "Nah, I'm a little longer don't you think?" The guy just shook his head and laughed.  A good game will definitely silence some people.  

post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf9 View Post

I got a Rickie joke the other day on the first tee because I had on an aqua colored puma shirt with matching puma golf shoes.  A guy looked at me on the first tee and said "What you think your Rickie Fowler don't you?  The first hole is about 315 and i really got into a drive and put it past the green and about 10 yards right of it, I was smiling ear to ear and said "Nah, I'm a little longer don't you think?" The guy just shook his head and laughed.  A good game will definitely silence some people.  

 

Yea!!!! great job, That is exactly what happens when you unleash the beast :)
post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanson View Post

 

if you're looking for a cheaper puma alternative, check out the Fila gear that Kohl's is offering

 

Nice find.

 

I see they are Buy 1 get 1 half off too.... which is very tempting.   I like the light blue, and perhaps the darker blue, or the green.   

 

Do they have these available in stores  (gotta find one!) so I can check them out for fit/feel before ordering?

 

 

On topic with the rest of the discussion,  I think for people like me  (skinny little dudes)  it's pretty easy to pull off the bright colors.  I like the Nike tech pants  (plaid, seer-sucker looking ones, etc)  but I don't have any bright solids yet.

post #33 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore Left View Post

 

Nice find.

 

I see they are Buy 1 get 1 half off too.... which is very tempting.   I like the light blue, and perhaps the darker blue, or the green.   

 

Do they have these available in stores  (gotta find one!) so I can check them out for fit/feel before ordering?

 

 

On topic with the rest of the discussion,  I think for people like me  (skinny little dudes)  it's pretty easy to pull off the bright colors.  I like the Nike tech pants  (plaid, seer-sucker looking ones, etc)  but I don't have any bright solids yet.

 

Yes, they are in stores. That's when I first noticed them. They have a greater selection online, but I'm sure the sizes carry over to other styles.

post #34 of 41

A word of caution about the FILA stuff, my experience sizing is inconsistent. I had to size up with the golf shorts and shirts. Which I found odd because everything else FILA I own runs big. I really like the texture and weight of the FILA shorts but they were 9" inseem at most, kind of short for golf shorts. Golf Galaxy had a lot of clearance stuff when I was there last weekend. Nice stuff, Adidas, Nike, Oakley 50% off minimum for anything 2012. I bought 2 pairs of nice Slazenger pants for $60 total.

post #35 of 41

I wear PUMA stuff all the time, including all orange. I'm a high-handicap player and don't care what anyone thinks. I went to Oklahoma State and have always loved orange, so most people learn that really quick. I also have an orange PUMA bag.

 

I think golf should be FUN and dressing up (for me) is part of that fun.

post #36 of 41

I have never understood brand loyalty and brand matching. Especially when you may love a companies irons, but play much better with another companies woods. As far as clothing, well, if  you do the bright one color thing, you are kinda asking for it. I wear a lot of Loudmouth Gear, I love it because it comes in a 37 unhemmed, which I can then have Hemmed to 35" inseam. Plus, I like some of their pants, and a lot of their shirts. But the black shirts with the accents aren't near as 'loud' as the pants, which makes for breaking up the crazyness of the pants. Shoes are Footjoy, Puma, or Nike. Only thing I'm brand loyal to is skates. They need to be GRAF's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Why is everyone hatin' on my Puma gear?