or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Looking to add a 64* wedges, but what do i drop?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking to add a 64* wedges, but what do i drop? - Page 2

post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspangler View Post

Thank you so much for the useful post, I hope you wasted more of your life thinking of posting that than I did reading it. The only way to learn using it is to use it on the course, hitting a 64* at the range doesnt do me any good.

Just trying to help..... a3_biggrin.gif
post #20 of 28

If you have the money go with 3 new wedges, then you won't have to pull any clubs out or have more than 14 in your bag. 

  • 52* Gap
  • 58*
  • 64*
post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the tip, I might just bend my 60 to 58, idk if I can get a 56 to 52 without breaking it. if not I also own a 54/58 wedge set I can probally get that 54 to 52. As for finding a matching set irk, I've looked around and have seen many 64*. Im probably going with a Cleveland CG 14 tour issue 64*. Thanks again for the input.
post #22 of 28

yep im a firm believer in the back yard and on the course, granted i play a rural course and its not very expensive but when your on the course drop a couple balls and hit them with your new wedge! you can get a decent wedge out of the plastic for 30 bucks..why not.....and David in Fl, next time you have a thought just let it pass, this isnt facebook bub, so keep ur useless posts to yourself!

post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge ky View Post

yep im a firm believer in the back yard and on the course, granted i play a rural course and its not very expensive but when your on the course drop a couple balls and hit them with your new wedge! you can get a decent wedge out of the plastic for 30 bucks..why not.....and David in Fl, next time you have a thought just let it pass, this isnt facebook bub, so keep ur useless posts to yourself!

 

 

Welcome to the forum.

post #24 of 28
Ah, he was just having a little fun. But seriously, a 64 degree wedge won't help any of us. The only thing it would help me do is flub a few more shots. As I said if you just want something to talk about go ahead, but be honest, it will not help you.
post #25 of 28
My wedges are 46-52-58-64... Great combo since you end up with a weak gap and sand wedges... Plus the x wedge.

However... I think I'm dropping the 64 unless the course doesn't require my longest hybrid. Man I wish it was 15 clubs!
post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge ky View Post

yep im a firm believer in the back yard and on the course, granted i play a rural course and its not very expensive but when your on the course drop a couple balls and hit them with your new wedge! you can get a decent wedge out of the plastic for 30 bucks..why not.....and David in Fl, next time you have a thought just let it pass, this isnt facebook bub, so keep ur useless posts to yourself!

Don't worry about him, he thinks he's cool being the jerk online. Probably gets off being an internet tough guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyvai View Post

My wedges are 46-52-58-64... Great combo since you end up with a weak gap and sand wedges... Plus the x wedge.

However... I think I'm dropping the 64 unless the course doesn't require my longest hybrid. Man I wish it was 15 clubs!

Back to the topic I agree with you on it depends on the course set up, if there are multiple 200+ yard par 3s or there are multiple 420+ yard par 4s then the extra hybrid is obviously going to be more handy, but on short courses with small greens then I can see where a 64* will be very handy. And I don't have a home course to base the judgement off of. I can honestly say I have no clue where ill be in a month.
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Ah, he was just having a little fun. But seriously, a 64 degree wedge won't help any of us. The only thing it would help me do is flub a few more shots. As I said if you just want something to talk about go ahead, but be honest, it will not help you.

Late winter in Michigan. Cabin fever will affect anyone's sense of humor! a1_smile.gif
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Late winter in Michigan. Cabin fever will affect anyone's sense of humor! a1_smile.gif

I thought you were in FL?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Looking to add a 64* wedges, but what do i drop?