or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (cipher)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (cipher) - Page 37

post #649 of 836

Yeah, we talked about this a little on twitter when I saw the videos. IMO, its better to take a leap and exaggerate when it comes to this piece. You either end up closer to the middle than you imagined you would have OR the middle becomes a lot more comfortable after feeling the other extreme.

 

With better turning rates, I don't think it would have been as exaggerated as it seemed. "Up" is "out" (to a point) without the "in" created by the shoulder turn.

post #650 of 836
Thread Starter 

Creating a golfer in my son today, and creating life long memories!  One of the most enjoyable days for me and for him, he wanted to keep going!

post #651 of 836

Is that MINI-BUBBA!!! Man he get a hold of that ball on the 2nd swing! I like that he hits up on the ball. :dance:

 

Awesome video man!!! 

post #652 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

Is that MINI-BUBBA!!! Man he get a hold of that ball on the 2nd swing! I like that he hits up on the ball. c3_clap.gif

Awesome video man!!! 

Yeah he only knows one way to swing at the moment! ;) I have not tried to teach him anything yet.
post #653 of 836

A4

 

 

A7.5

 

 

A17 (because his swing doesn't stop at A10 like a normal person)

post #654 of 836

I got a kick out of watching your Son. That kid gots skillz yo...Great stuff !!!!!

post #655 of 836

Nice. You'll treasure the memories for a good long time. :-)

post #656 of 836
Thread Starter 

Best A17 in history @iacas!  

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

I got a kick out of watching your Son. That kid gots skillz yo...Great stuff !!!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

Nice. You'll treasure the memories for a good long time. :-)

Thanks guys!

post #657 of 836
This is awesome! Thank you for sharing this moment with the rest of us @cipher
post #658 of 836
That's awesome! Memories for a lifetime! I love the huge smile he had on his face when he caught one good and turned to you!
post #659 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

That's awesome! Memories for a lifetime! I love the huge smile he had on his face when he caught one good and turned to you!

That was a great moment. These are great memories and hopefully by posting this others can look back to old memories or look forward to the possibility of new ones. Why the heck did we ever grow up? What were we thinking?
post #660 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

That was a great moment. These are great memories and hopefully by posting this others can look back to old memories or look forward to the possibility of new ones.
Proud son, proud dad. Truly, a magical moment, and you caught it on film! Love it, thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Why the heck did we ever grow up? What were we thinking?
We didn't know any better? LOL

This kind of thing makes it all worth it.
post #661 of 836

Great to see he's enjoying being out there and hitting the ball! Surely a golfing buddy for life right there :dance:

post #662 of 836
Thread Starter 

Question for @iacas or @mvmac.  My boy Ethan really took to playing this weekend and wants to golf every Saturday now with me.  He is just six at the moment.  Should I try to change anything at the moment with his set-up or anything, or just let him, have fun?  I am, leaning towards just the fun, but don't know if the way he holds his hands apart on the club or anything like that is bad in the long run.  Basically the only thing I have told him at all is to try and swing a bit easier, not quite so all out... :-D

post #663 of 836

Maybe buy a cheap kids set. Something a bit lighter maybe. He does look to struggle a bit swinging that driver around. I know he'll probably grow out of them fast, but couldn't hurt. 

 

I would say keep it fun, its a good sign he wants to take the initiative. :beer:

post #664 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

Question for @iacas or @mvmac.  My boy Ethan really took to playing this weekend and wants to golf every Saturday now with me.  He is just six at the moment.  Should I try to change anything at the moment with his set-up or anything, or just let him, have fun?  I am, leaning towards just the fun, but don't know if the way he holds his hands apart on the club or anything like that is bad in the long run.  Basically the only thing I have told him at all is to try and swing a bit easier, not quite so all out... :-D

 

I think you might want to let him swing "all out".  

 

Hasn't it been said it is easier to train accuracy than speed?

post #665 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Maybe buy a cheap kids set. Something a bit lighter maybe. He does look to struggle a bit swinging that driver around. I know he'll probably grow out of them fast, but couldn't hurt.

 

I would say keep it fun, its a good sign he wants to take the initiative. :beer:

The set I got him earlier this year and he is using in the videos is this one.  It is a 5-8 year old kids set.  He is just a bit small for his age, probably because of his asthma, but yeah it is definitely a bit big for him at the moment.

post #666 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

 

I think you might want to let him swing "all out".

 

Hasn't it been said it is easier to train accuracy than speed?

I am fine with close to all out.  He just has to make sure he at least hits the ball and does not hit the back of his head with the club though. :-D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (cipher)