or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (cipher)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (cipher) - Page 38

post #667 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

 

I think you might want to let him swing "all out".

 

Hasn't it been said it is easier to train accuracy than speed?

I am fine with close to all out.  He just has to make sure he at least hits the ball and does not hit the back of his head with the club though. :-D

 

True.  He does this and the wife would probably put the kabosh to the golf.

 

I just know I wish I would have tried to swing hard when I was learning.  Even though I started at the age of 27, I still think it would have helped.

post #668 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

Question for @iacas or @mvmac.  My boy Ethan really took to playing this weekend and wants to golf every Saturday now with me.  He is just six at the moment.  Should I try to change anything at the moment with his set-up or anything, or just let him, have fun?  I am, leaning towards just the fun, but don't know if the way he holds his hands apart on the club or anything like that is bad in the long run.  Basically the only thing I have told him at all is to try and swing a bit easier, not quite so all out... :-D

 

I'd put his hands together and look to stop letting him use his stomach as leverage, but other than that, just let him play for now.

 

Keep it fun with at most one tip every few months (and gentle reminders of that tip throughout) and just focus on fun and hitting the ball each time (whiffs are no fun).

 

Take breaks to look for frogs, or fish, or to chase a goose, or to let him "steer" the cart, etc.

post #669 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

 

True.  He does this and the wife would probably put the kabosh to the golf.

 

I just know I wish I would have tried to swing hard when I was learning.  Even though I started at the age of 27, I still think it would have helped.

Yeah he did it in the first swing in the "nice and easy" video if you caught that.  Caught the back of the head pretty good.  Said he was fine.  He has some decent natural things going on in his swing.  Same dang flat takeaway though as his dad.  ;-)

post #670 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

I'd put his hands together and look to stop letting him use his stomach as leverage, but other than that, just let him play for now.

 

Keep it fun with at most one tip every few months (and gentle reminders of that tip throughout) and just focus on fun and hitting the ball each time (whiffs are no fun).

 

Take breaks to look for frogs, or fish, or to chase a goose, or to let him "steer" the cart, etc.

Sounds good, thanks.  I will just do that for now.  Yeah he was running around catching butterflies during the round.  That and riding in the cart I think was as fun as anything else.

post #671 of 836
Thread Starter 

Solid round this morning.  Why can't I do this every day!?!? :-D  Missed a 4' par save on #7 as well.  My putting still sucks.

 

 

 

Going to have to figure out how to hit a fairway wood off the deck eventually this year.  I will try and get some video next week possibly.  I pretty much catch it clean almost every time, but out of the bottom of the club.  Hitting stingers and losing a little distance.

post #672 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

Solid round this morning.  Why can't I do this every day!?!? :-D  Missed a 4' par save on #7 as well.  My putting still sucks.

 

 

 

Going to have to figure out how to hit a fairway wood off the deck eventually this year.  I will try and get some video next week possibly.  I pretty much catch it clean almost every time, but out of the bottom of the club.  Hitting stingers and losing a little distance.

 

This is so great!  That must have been so much fun!  When did you realize you were shooting 1 under?

post #673 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
 

 

This is so great!  That must have been so much fun!  When did you realize you were shooting 1 under?

When I made the par putt on #9...honestly.

post #674 of 836

Excellent round!!

post #675 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

When I made the par putt on #9...honestly.

 

I really see your handicap coming down this year a lot closer to your goal!  I can't wait!  Keep it up!

post #676 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
 

 

I really see your handicap coming down this year a lot closer to your goal!  I can't wait!  Keep it up!

I hope so.  I started at 3.8, I am up to 4.3 and I will be 4.7 on the 15th it looks like, unless I go low again once this week.  I am also about to have two 73 scores come off in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

Excellent round!!

Thanks!

post #677 of 836
Your a beast. How many strokes are you giving me when we play?
post #678 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Your a beast. How many strokes are you giving me when we play?

None!  ;-)

post #679 of 836
Thread Starter 

Trying to figure out why I am having so much trouble hitting the 3W off the deck with any height, catching it out of the bottom of the club.  Any thoughts?  I catch it clean pretty much most of the time.  I seem to be adding fake tilt again with my head tipping back as you can see FO.  Don't know why I keep doing that.  I might really have to focus on this with the woods.  I am assuming this is probably the cause???

 

 

 

It is going to take a lot of work, but I think the backswing is starting to get a little better with the irons anyway.

post #680 of 836
This doesn't pertain to part of your swing per say but if I want to hit a 3 wood I have to make a concise effort to keep my tempo smooth. I have a tendency to try to get the ball in the air instead of letting the club do the work. That's hard to tell from the video above.
post #681 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

This doesn't pertain to part of your swing per say but if I want to hit a 3 wood I have to make a concise effort to keep my tempo smooth. I have a tendency to try to get the ball in the air instead of letting the club do the work. That's hard to tell from the video above.

Boss man @cbrian says I am straightening my left leg too early as well.  I see it now that he mentioned it.

post #682 of 836
Thread Starter 

post #683 of 836
Thread Starter 

Decided not to do a Vlog this morning on the nine that I hate.  It was a bit windy at 16mph out there.  I did play another nine though and played probably one of my best rounds of the year.  Hit 7 fairways and 7 greens and really only hit two bad shots and picked the wrong club on a par 3.  For some reason since I got the s55 irons I have actually been hitting them farther.  It could just be that the swing is improving a bit as well.  Anyway, solid round. 

 

 

post #684 of 836

So how long was it from the doom and gloom days to a recent scoring average of right around par? A week? :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (cipher)