Originally Posted by SoCal Blade
Well yes, I was kind of tongue in cheek humoring the issue, he has made me laugh as an on course commentator, but in reality, if you like "fart jokes" (with greg norman, another whiner, ego extraordinaire) foul language, sexual innuendo and goofy prat falls, then yes, be my guest and let feherty be your social role model. I appreciate a good prank or joke as much as the next guy but there are rules that MEN live by. Here's just a few of them;
1. Never fart in public, unless its a joke on your bro's and youre willing to be the fool in the prank if someone outside the group hears it.
2. Clean up your language when women and children are present.
3. If you have any nasty, sexual thoughts, please let there be a filter between your brain and your mouth. We all have them, but real men keep their mouth's shut in mixed or unfamiliar company.
4. Ribald jokes are WONDERFUL ! and so is crass commentary or conversation..... BUT IN PRIVATE. Offending people will shrink your friend network...and if it doesnt, those people left in your network really arent your friends.
5. Dont be the guy who goes one beer, one sip or one drink too many, then crosses the thin line between funny guy, to *******. We all know him, and if its you, admit it to yourself.
6. Play by the rules. Its just a game and as much as you would like it to be, your paycheck isnt riding on it. Relax
7. Its a 700 year old game, respect it, and you will respect yourself.
8. Never wear "plus 4"s"...Only Payne Stewart could ever pull that off, you only look ridiculous.
9.If you must drink beer, dont drink cheap beer. If you cant afford at least good beer, then golf is not your recreational sport.
10. Golf is an elite sport, embrace your "inner elitist". Now is a good time to separate yourself from the herd and the great unwashed masses.
You see, its okay to be successful, clean spoken, non-offensive, friendly and a good golfer. Feherty is mocking those virtues because he has a chip on his shoulder, his jealousy of not being "good enough" is taking over his funny personality. I predict he'll be back on the booze soon, as most drunks with a chip on their shoulder do NOT think they deserve success.... he will probably destroy himself...again.
Another thing, alcoholism is NOT a disease, its a choice, no matter what the psychologist try to tell us.
Oh, and one more thing...... Tiger Woods is the modern version of Jack Nicklaus who DOES practice. With all of his faults, Tiger is exciting.... Jack put us to sleep....
That is all