or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Are there any homosexuals on Tour?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are there any homosexuals on Tour? - Page 5

post #73 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by nututhugame View Post


For some that would be the whole point. You're right... I haven't seen one yet.... because men don't have a uterus. Scientific fact.


What I mean to say here, and explicitly said prior was that men may yet evolve and develop the capability to become pregnant.

As far-fetched as it seems, this may happen many millions of years from now.

So when I say that 'we haven't seen this YET', I mean that none of us living will see it, but that it is a potential scientific fact millions of years from now.

Surely I understand that WE won't see it. I intended 'we' as a species descriptor.
post #74 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

Reread his post.  The fact that they do not "choose" is the exact point he was making.


I was agreeing with him, adding to his post if you will.

post #75 of 95
I find it funny that everything that "softfinger" says suddenly becomes fact...just because you say that something is a fact doesn't make it a fact.

Back on subject, I don't what type of people all of you golf with but the one I golf aren't really saints. All ot most are prob guilty or capable of just about any sexual immorality (which is what most religious people call homosexuality). That being said I would imagine that there must at least one homosexual on tour.

FYI "softfinger" An opinion is just that, an opinion. It is neither right nor wrong or moronic. It is simply an opinion.
post #76 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp33 man View Post

I find it funny that everything that "softfinger" says suddenly becomes fact...just because you say that something is a fact doesn't make it a fact.

Back on subject, I don't what type of people all of you golf with but the one I golf aren't really saints. All ot most are prob guilty or capable of just about any sexual immorality (which is what most religious people call homosexuality). That being said I would imagine that there must at least one homosexual on tour.

FYI "softfinger" An opinion is just that, an opinion. It is neither right nor wrong or moronic. It is simply an opinion.

You are correct, of course. My opinion is that it is a fact that homosexuals are people like the rest of us, and to treat them differently is wrong.

Also, it's not about what I or anyone says that makes a fact a fact. Facts are facts.
post #77 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofingaw View Post

No. Here's an example:

Gravity, a natural law. It works one way, and not the other. It pulls in a particular direction. Not more than one.

To deny the way it works is moronic.

Another, perhaps more apt example:

Ball flight laws! (Which are governed by laws of physics, which are natural laws and include gravity, for one)

A ball may either go left, or right. Lets call these ball flights, instead of hook and slice, just for example....something arbitrary... I dpnt know, how about.... 'Gay' and 'Straight' balls!

So, a set of circumstances in nature create the potential for the 'birth' of a shot, gay or straight, based on the particulars of those circumstances. Club face angle, gender, clubhead path, hormones, etc.

A shot is born! Is it gay or straight? Who knows right away? Not I. But once it matures, it is evident to all how that shot will be.

Also evident to all except for morons, should be that no shot, or person, can be born straight or gay, hook or slice, without being allowed such by natural conditions, or 'nature'.

To suggest that hooks come from the devil or slices are black magic, ignores the natural laws that created that shot, and is moronic.

If its only gays (or hookers of the ball) that understand ball flight laws, that doesn't make their argument and reasoning invalid. Just misunderstood by those who don't (or choose to ignore it.) THOSE people, I would call morons.


Your argument is that nature cannot be used to explain either straightness or gayness.

That's wrong, since it clearly explains BOTH.

This theory is flawed right from the start. "Clubhead path" or "face angle" certainly cannot be considered part of nature. The "natural" part of a ball flight would be wind humidity or the lie of the ball seeing as how those three things cannot be altered by a human (although I have seen some lie altering) :).
These are the "facts" that I wad referring to.
I too agree that homosexuals are in fact human and should be treated as such but I disagree that it is natural.
I do believe that someone can be born with certain tendencies (wind, humidity and lie) but that things may happen in their life that shape into who or what they are (face angle or clubhead path).
post #78 of 95
I'm confused. The thread title says "Are there any homosexuals on Tour?", and the last posts are discussing gravity and ball flight laws. b3_huh.gif

The human mind is perhaps the most unpredictable part of our existence. And a part of our body we know very little about. How can you explain homosexuality with the laws of physics?

What does it hurt you that some people are attracted to their own gender? The one thing I can't get me head around in this civilisation of ours is why people get so worked up over what other people do.
post #79 of 95
People are using the ball flight laws as an illustrative way to discuss this issue.
post #80 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

It's not gay unless the (golf) balls touch.

Not true. Its not gay unless there's eye contact....a2_wink.gif
post #81 of 95
I read an interesting article once regarding gay appearances / patterns. The article said the stereotypical "affected" speech pattern that many gay men have is a learned behavior and one that either consciously or unconsciously is used to identify a person as gay for purposes of attracting potential partners. Pre- pubescent males do not have the affected speech pattern - it is learned.

The article also went on to say that with regard to gay women - one common thread among many subjects studied was that they were never given attention from men for a variety of reasons, which represented one but not the only factor in becoming lesbian. In terms of identification, it said the lesbian "standard issue" short spikey hairstyle is the equivalent of the gay mans affected speech used for identification purposes.

I don't have a strong opinion as to if being gay is a choice or inherent, but thought the article was interesting with regard to commonly displayed outward signals...
post #82 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post

Pre- pubescent males do not have the affected speech pattern - it is learned.
..


Not true. I am a school teacher and have seen several pre-pubescent males with the "stereotypical" speech pattern.
post #83 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post

I'm confused. The thread title says "Are there any homosexuals on Tour?", and the last posts are discussing gravity and ball flight laws. b3_huh.gif

The human mind is perhaps the most unpredictable part of our existence. And a part of our body we know very little about. How can you explain homosexuality with the laws of physics?

What does it hurt you that some people are attracted to their own gender? The one thing I can't get me head around in this civilisation of ours is why people get so worked up over what other people do.

Leaving homosexuality out of it, one reason people get worked up over what other people do is because many times it can affect themselves.
post #84 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp33 man View Post

This theory is flawed right from the start. "Clubhead path" or "face angle" certainly cannot be considered part of nature. The "natural" part of a ball flight would be wind humidity or the lie of the ball seeing as how those three things cannot be altered by a human (although I have seen some lie altering) :).
These are the "facts" that I wad referring to.
I too agree that homosexuals are in fact human and should be treated as such but I disagree that it is natural.
I do believe that someone can be born with certain tendencies (wind, humidity and lie) but that things may happen in their life that shape into who or what they are (face angle or clubhead path).

Clubhead path and face angle are controlled or altered by living things who are subject to all natural laws, physics, etc.
post #85 of 95
More to the point, physics allows for ball flights, while biology allows for various sexual orientations and genders.

Pick your subject, and your scientific field will follow.

Point is, it's ALL natural.

So if I hit fades and kiss boys.. It's because I am inclined to do so.

Doesn't effect anyone else's golf game or personal life one bit.
post #86 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofingaw View Post

More to the point, physics allows for ball flights, while biology allows for various sexual orientations and genders.

Pick your subject, and your scientific field will follow.

Point is, it's ALL natural.

So if I hit fades and kiss boys.. It's because I am inclined to do so.

Doesn't effect anyone else's golf game or personal life one bit.
Just to be clear, I was not the one to start comparing sexual orientation with ball flight (the words sexual orientation and ball flight should never be used together by a straight man, so I apologize).
I still think that you ate missing my point: wind, humidity or lie (being born with straight or gay tendencies) cannot be controlled by man. Clubface angle and clubhead path (events in your life) can be controlled by man.

I also agree that as long as it doesn't affect me or my family then I don't care what someone does.

NOTE: as a long time duck hooker of the ball I would love to hit a fade, just not the other thing that you mentioned with it "gigity gigity".
post #87 of 95

Well its certainly not Tiger or Rory, right? (sorry I could not help myself ok????)  e2_whistling.gifc5_banana.gif

post #88 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Not true. Its not gay unless there's eye contact....a2_wink.gif

That's the rule...
post #89 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp33 man View Post


Just to be clear, I was not the one to start comparing sexual orientation with ball flight (the words sexual orientation and ball flight should never be used together by a straight man, so I apologize).
I still think that you ate missing my point: wind, humidity or lie (being born with straight or gay tendencies) cannot be controlled by man. Clubface angle and clubhead path (events in your life) can be controlled by man.

I also agree that as long as it doesn't affect me or my family then I don't care what someone does.

NOTE: as a long time duck hooker of the ball I would love to hit a fade, just not the other thing that you mentioned with it "gigity gigity".

Yes, I was the one making that comparison.

 

I think I see your point, about man controlling something, but my aim was to refute this point. My point was really that there is nothing unnatural in this world. 
 

Everything that can be created, or everything that can be altered in some way can only be altered by

 

1) Non-living natural forces (physics, weather, etc.)

 

OR

 

2) Living natural forces (animals, human beings etc.)

 

Everything that is, and everything that was; as well as everything that has happened, can happen, and will happen is natural. (This includes homosexuality and heterosexuality, and slices and hooks, and holes in one, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.)

post #90 of 95

I would think golf would be more open to openly homosexual players than other sports, as it has a bit less of a "meat head" aspect to it.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Are there any homosexuals on Tour?