Re: What is your swing speed and carry?
ss isn't as important as centerdness of contact though. If you don't hit the sweet spot you lose up to 25 yards.
Anyway, my question is: what exercises can one do to up their swing speed? I've read posts where ppl swear that you're born with it or not, but i do not believe that at all in any way whatsoever since this is a sport and if it were true, everyone here would not have swing speeds well over 100mph.
It's like bodybuilding. Some people have better genetics/bodytype than others and can get bigger and stronger.
However you can still up your swing speed. I'm currently practicing my ass off to compete in my first long drive competition and gained a lot of knowledge on how to create clubhead speed. I started at 130mph and now I'm at 145mph after about a month.
1. Get a weighted club. The powerhitter
is probably the best golf training aid there is to increase clubhead speed.
2. Hit the gym and get a golf specific workout to train your fast switch muscles and increase your core strength.
3. Work on your flexibility. Yoga is great for that.
4. Put the ball more towards your left foot so that you hit up on the ball instead of down on it.
5. Work on your technique. Create width in your backswing and learn to fire all the body parts in the correct order.
Hope that helps.