or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Fitness and Exercise › diet/exercise advice!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

diet/exercise advice! - Page 2

post #19 of 25

I would put having Tony Luke's phillycheese steak as one of my top culinary choices ever ;) 

post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Food is one of life's great pleasures, I could never apply this philosophy. Some people just see food as "chow", something that must be done to survive. I'm not advocating stuffing yourself constantly with junk but to miss out on the joy of good food (with a stellar bottle of wine) is a tragedy akin to never discovering good literature or art IMHO. 

 

For the record, I'm not talking about Philly Cheesesteaks and Pizza here, I'm talking about Osso Buco and Duck Confit and Crème Brûlée!!!

 

MMMMMM, come on, you know you want it!

 

 

*my apologies to any vegetarians I may have harmed with this image.

No apologies necessary. The more meat you eat the more vegetables and tofu left for me. c2_beer.gif

post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post

No apologies necessary. The more meat you eat the more vegetables and tofu left for me. c2_beer.gif

Well I actually love veggies too. MMMM, asparagus seared in brown butter with tangerine juice...god I love food. Most people that hate veggies have been raised on over cooked grey broccoli, mushy peas and carrots or similar. That would turn me off veggies too.

You can have the sweaty butt tofu though, that's all for you my friend a2_wink.gif
post #22 of 25

i have to agree, vegetables cooked correctly is just as good as a great steak. 

post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Food is one of life's great pleasures, I could never apply this philosophy. Some people just see food as "chow", something that must be done to survive. I'm not advocating stuffing yourself constantly with junk but to miss out on the joy of good food (with a stellar bottle of wine) is a tragedy akin to never discovering good literature or art IMHO. 

For the record, I'm not talking about Philly Cheesesteaks and Pizza here, I'm talking about Osso Buco and Duck Confit and Crème Brûlée
!!!




MMMMMM, come on, you know you want it!


*my apologies to any vegetarians I may have harmed with this image.

I think you're reading too much into the saying.
post #24 of 25

For myself I found that if I only drink water during the weekdays I eat almost whatever I want and I don't have much weight gain. I do run 20 miles a week and I don't eat a ton. If I drink those extra calories I put on some pounds.

post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkster View Post

For myself I found that if I only drink water during the weekdays I eat almost whatever I want and I don't have much weight gain. I do run 20 miles a week and I don't eat a ton. If I drink those extra calories I put on some pounds.

 

Yeah, I had a friend that recently cut out cokes (he probably drank 6-10 a day no joke) and he lost 11lbs in a month just from that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fitness and Exercise
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Fitness and Exercise › diet/exercise advice!