or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › My Edel Putter Fitting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Edel Putter Fitting - Page 9

post #145 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 

Well, I finally did it.  The wife was very supportive and we decided it was my Father's Day present.  The guys (Sheri and Jack) in San Diego are no longer Edel fitters, so I ended up going to Brent Mann, in Beverly Hills.  He has a small studio in the basement of a doctor's office building right near Wilshire/Santa Monica/Rodeo Drive, and it was kind of hard to find.  I think they might have some celebrity clients down there (there was also a gym down there) that prefer to be out of the way.

 

Anyways, the process was pretty similar to Tristan's so I'll go a little quicker.  We started with my current putter aiming at the laser from about 8', and surprisingly, I was consistently about 4" right of the hole and even more surprisingly, about 16" up off the ground.:bugout:  So after several iterations, we ended up in blade head with the concave back (4th from left in Tristan's top pic), with an "L" shaped hosel with some offset.  I still wasn't quite right ... until he switched out to a shorter shaft.  34 1/2" I think ... about 1" shorter than my current putter.  We then tinkered with some different aiming lines, and I ended up the most consistent with no lines at all.

 

After this we went over and started messing with weights in the club to dial in some distance control.  Lastly, I tested out the difference between the solid face and the face with the pixel insert.  I loved the feel of the insert (a little softer) and liked the idea that it was providing me a little "forgiveness" on off-center hits.

 

I'm not terribly creative, so when it came time for the stamping/personalization stuff I didn't have a lot of ideas.  Went with red and blue paint fill, and "DREW" on the hosel.

 

All in all, I was pretty pleased with the process and cannot wait until my putter arrives!!  (He guessed 3 or 4 weeks)

AWESOME! Colour me jealous.

 

For the stamping you should have went with "Ernest is my Daddy" :-P

 

I know what you mean about the wake-up call from the laser, I was sure I could aim well with my putter but, Holy Batshit Batman, I was WAY off. Apparently I'm an expert at pushing putts with an extremely closed face... 

 

The only good news is my current putter has a 350g head which is almost perfect for my distance control, I just need to add around 40g of weight to the grip end. Currently I have 8 nickels taped to the end and am searching for a local distributer of Tour Lock back weights to replace the nickels. No cash for a new putter but I can get away with it because I use an alignment line on my ball pretty religiously and have been for a couple of seasons now.

 

I'll be coveting a professionally fit Edel now. One day, one day...

post #146 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

AWESOME! Colour me jealous.

 

For the stamping you should have went with "Ernest is my Daddy" :-P

 

I know what you mean about the wake-up call from the laser, I was sure I could aim well with my putter but, Holy Batshit Batman, I was WAY off. Apparently I'm an expert at pushing putts with an extremely closed face... 

 

The only good news is my current putter has a 350g head which is almost perfect for my distance control, I just need to add around 40g of weight to the grip end. Currently I have 8 nickels taped to the end and am searching for a local distributer of Tour Lock back weights to replace the nickels. No cash for a new putter but I can get away with it because I use an alignment line on my ball pretty religiously and have been for a couple of seasons now.

 

I'll be coveting a professionally fit Edel now. One day, one day...

 

 

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_TL0001

 

Online :-D

post #147 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 

Well, I finally did it.  The wife was very supportive and we decided it was my Father's Day present.  The guys (Sheri and Jack) in San Diego are no longer Edel fitters, so I ended up going to Brent Mann, in Beverly Hills.  He has a small studio in the basement of a doctor's office building right near Wilshire/Santa Monica/Rodeo Drive, and it was kind of hard to find.  I think they might have some celebrity clients down there (there was also a gym down there) that prefer to be out of the way.

 

Anyways, the process was pretty similar to Tristan's so I'll go a little quicker.  We started with my current putter aiming at the laser from about 8', and surprisingly, I was consistently about 4" right of the hole and even more surprisingly, about 16" up off the ground.:bugout:  So after several iterations, we ended up in blade head with the concave back (4th from left in Tristan's top pic), with an "L" shaped hosel with some offset.  I still wasn't quite right ... until he switched out to a shorter shaft.  34 1/2" I think ... about 1" shorter than my current putter.  We then tinkered with some different aiming lines, and I ended up the most consistent with no lines at all.

 

After this we went over and started messing with weights in the club to dial in some distance control.  Lastly, I tested out the difference between the solid face and the face with the pixel insert.  I loved the feel of the insert (a little softer) and liked the idea that it was providing me a little "forgiveness" on off-center hits.

 

I'm not terribly creative, so when it came time for the stamping/personalization stuff I didn't have a lot of ideas.  Went with red and blue paint fill, and "DREW" on the hosel.

 

All in all, I was pretty pleased with the process and cannot wait until my putter arrives!!  (He guessed 3 or 4 weeks)

Congrats on the new putter.  :beer:

 

Overall how long did the fitting take?   I want to get fit for an Edel putter and learn Aimpoint but there's no one I can find near Long Island that does both.   Do you know if all the head options are available for LH?

post #148 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

Overall how long did the fitting take?   I want to get fit for an Edel putter and learn Aimpoint but there's no one I can find near Long Island that does both.   Do you know if all the head options are available for LH?

We have the lefty heads. All are available yes. Come see us sometime. :)

Also, it's pretty irrelevant how high the laser points @Golfingdad. It changes when you hit the ball.
post #149 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

 

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_TL0001

 

Online :-D

Yeah, found plenty of online sources and may go that way if there's no other choice, I just hate paying $13 shipping on a $9 component.:yucky:

post #150 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

Congrats on the new putter.  :beer:

 

Overall how long did the fitting take?   I want to get fit for an Edel putter and learn Aimpoint but there's no one I can find near Long Island that does both.   Do you know if all the head options are available for LH?

Go get fit with Erik in Erie. Combine it with some full swing lessons and Aimpoint and I'm sure you'll come out WAY ahead. Best money I've ever spent in golf.

post #151 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Well, I finally did it.  The wife was very supportive and we decided it was my Father's Day present.  The guys (Sheri and Jack) in San Diego are no longer Edel fitters, so I ended up going to Brent Mann, in Beverly Hills.  He has a small studio in the basement of a doctor's office building right near Wilshire/Santa Monica/Rodeo Drive, and it was kind of hard to find.  I think they might have some celebrity clients down there (there was also a gym down there) that prefer to be out of the way.

Anyways, the process was pretty similar to Tristan's so I'll go a little quicker.  We started with my current putter aiming at the laser from about 8', and surprisingly, I was consistently about 4" right of the hole and even more surprisingly, about 16" up off the ground.g2_eek.gif   So after several iterations, we ended up in blade head with the concave back (4th from left in Tristan's top pic), with an "L" shaped hosel with some offset.  I still wasn't quite right ... until he switched out to a shorter shaft.  34 1/2" I think ... about 1" shorter than my current putter.  We then tinkered with some different aiming lines, and I ended up the most consistent with no lines at all.

After this we went over and started messing with weights in the club to dial in some distance control.  Lastly, I tested out the difference between the solid face and the face with the pixel insert.  I loved the feel of the insert (a little softer) and liked the idea that it was providing me a little "forgiveness" on off-center hits.

I'm not terribly creative, so when it came time for the stamping/personalization stuff I didn't have a lot of ideas.  Went with red and blue paint fill, and "DREW" on the hosel.

All in all, I was pretty pleased with the process and cannot wait until my putter arrives!!  (He guessed 3 or 4 weeks)

Outstanding!


c3_clap.gif
post #152 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

Congrats on the new putter.  :beer:

 

Overall how long did the fitting take?   I want to get fit for an Edel putter and learn Aimpoint but there's no one I can find near Long Island that does both.   Do you know if all the head options are available for LH?

In the door to out the door, about an hour on the button.

post #153 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Go get fit with Erik in Erie. Combine it with some full swing lessons and Aimpoint and I'm sure you'll come out WAY ahead. Best money I've ever spent in golf.
Ditto.

And congrats @Golfingdad!
post #154 of 220
Pretty sweet.

Can't wait to see pics!
post #155 of 220

I just sent my putter in to be refinished (it has accumulated a few dings here and there - really nothing big, but one was along the top line and so it could be distracting if the sun caught it). I'm also getting a non-variable-weight version of it made.

post #156 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

In the door to out the door, about an hour on the button.

Congrats!

I'm curious, what loft did you end up at? I ended up at 2* (which means I'd been playing too much loft in the past). My putts are rolling so much better now. I believe the lower loft was critical for that.
post #157 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by boil3rmak3r View Post

Congrats!

I'm curious, what loft did you end up at? I ended up at 2* (which means I'd been playing too much loft in the past). My putts are rolling so much better now. I believe the lower loft was critical for that.
I actually don't know. :/ I think it's either 3 or 4, but I don't really know ... Just the one that worked best. :)
post #158 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


I actually don't know. :/ I think it's either 3 or 4, but I don't really know ... Just the one that worked best. :)

 

The best type of fitting, "Oh I don't know how but, IT WORKS THOUGH!!!"  :-P

post #159 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


I actually don't know. :/ I think it's either 3 or 4, but I don't really know ... Just the one that worked best. :)

Master of the Stupid Monkey!

:-P

post #160 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Master of the Stupid Monkey!
b2_tongue.gif
Emphasis on "stupid." ;)

P.S. It's 8:15 am on the (sun)day immediately after my fitting. For some reason there is not a package on my doorstep. WTF??????
post #161 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

P.S. It's 8:15 am on the (sun)day immediately after my fitting. For some reason there is not a package on my doorstep. WTF??????

 

They tell us to say 3-4 weeks. Usually it's closer to 2 than 4.

post #162 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

They tell us to say 3-4 weeks. Usually it's closer to 2 than 4.
Lol, he said almost exactly that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › My Edel Putter Fitting