or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Announcements & Tech Support › Site Crashing/Behaving Badly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Crashing/Behaving Badly

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 
Getting a constant stream of site crashes in Chrome-every few seconds. Restarting Chrome, clearing cache, restart machine, etc... have not helped. Currently using Firefox to post this. IT ONLY effects The Sand Trap site at this time.
post #2 of 31

Google Chrome: "Aw Snap, something went wrong while displaying this web page, to continue, reload web page or go to another page"

 

IE - "thesandtrap.com is not responding, recover webpage"  "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem"

 

edit: This happens almost every time you load a page on GC and very often on IE.

 

I don't have Firefox so I have not tried that.


Edited by cipher - 3/14/13 at 2:27pm
post #3 of 31

Try logging out of your TST account.  I don't have this issue... I'm running Windows 7 x86 notebook with Google Chrome.  I've also used my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 - both running Safari and have not had issues.

post #4 of 31
Glad it's not just me.....
post #5 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Try logging out of your TST account.  I don't have this issue... I'm running Windows 7 x86 notebook with Google Chrome.  I've also used my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 - both running Safari and have not had issues.

Tried that it does not work.  Mobile version runs well on my iphone though.

post #6 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Tried that it does not work.  Mobile version runs well on my iphone though.

 

Yeah it's not a mobile issue.

 

They're looking into the issue right now guys. Post as many details as you can. Cristina, feel free to PM these people individually too.

 

 

post #7 of 31

This may be related to our new ad configuration, and the folks at Huddler are looking into it right now.

 

Basically, if you see one tall banner to the top right column, it's the new ad config. If you see two smaller ones it's likely the old ad config.

 

That may also explain the xoJane and the L'Oréal ads.

post #8 of 31

I was wondering what was going on all day yesterday for me.  It would load the home page but nothing else, it would just freeze up when I tried to go to the forums.  It worked perfect for my mobile though.  You guys must have fixed it because now it is working fine.

post #9 of 31

Bump

 

Full site crashes frequently in Safari and is slow to respond or doesn't respond at all in Chrome.

 

Mobile site crashes fairly often on my iPhone too, I'm running the new OS and have everything up to date on both my my macBook pro and iPhone.

 

Just curious if I'm alone in this or if there is a fix I need to do on my end?

post #10 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Full site crashes frequently in Safari and is slow to respond or doesn't respond at all in Chrome.

 

Mobile site crashes fairly often on my iPhone too, I'm running the new OS and have everything up to date on both my my macBook pro and iPhone.

 

Just curious if I'm alone in this or if there is a fix I need to do on my end?

 

If it crashes in Safari when you're editing posts, that's likely a Safari bug that appears to be fixed in Safari 7.0.1.

 

I can't reproduce the other issues. You could try logging out and back in. I'm not sure I've ever had the mobile site crash on my iPhone.

post #11 of 31

Thanks

post #12 of 31
As of about 3 days ago my iPhone forces me to log in almost every time I come to the site. Prior to this it's never once asked me (other than the very first time I tried it obviously)
post #13 of 31

I was logged out of the mobile site a few days ago. And I've seen a weird ad at the top once or twice.

 

But otherwise I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

 

Please keep me apprised. I'll run this up the flagpole and see what others have to say. I'm somewhat limited. If you have more information, please share it. The more information we have the easier it will be to figure out what might be causing the problems.

post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

As of about 3 days ago my iPhone forces me to log in almost every time I come to the site. Prior to this it's never once asked me (other than the very first time I tried it obviously)

I've had this happen a few times. Probably less than 5 since I installed iOS7, and never before that.
post #15 of 31

Using this thread instead of starting another one, feel free to move if you deem it appropriate.

 

The past 2 days the site has been crashing constantly in Safari. I wonder if its related to the new save draft function?

 

Site crashed 3 times…make that 4…while posting this.

 

Going to switch to google chrome to see if there's a difference.

post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Using this thread instead of starting another one, feel free to move if you deem it appropriate.

 

The past 2 days the site has been crashing constantly in Safari. I wonder if its related to the new save draft function?

 

Site crashed 3 times…make that 4…while posting this.

 

Going to switch to google chrome to see if there's a difference.

 

Will be fixed in Safari 7.0.1. Unfortunately, 7.0 is lousy with some JavaScript issues.

post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Will be fixed in Safari 7.0.1. Unfortunately, 7.0 is lousy with some JavaScript issues.

any ideas on when 7.0.1 will be out?

post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

any ideas on when 7.0.1 will be out?

It is now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Announcements & Tech Support
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Announcements & Tech Support › Site Crashing/Behaving Badly