or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343) - Page 7

post #109 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Any predictions for the 14-year old?  I figure he has about 15% chance of making the cut, and I think he may do it.
I think he won't finish last among the amateurs, but I don't think any of them will be playing on the weekend.
post #110 of 1228

That kid is a pretty amazing story, but I think he's gonna struggle. His lack of length is gonna crush him on the 5's an long 4's

post #111 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post

Herman Williams managed to capture video for a couple of practice round swings by Tiger yesterday. Looked like he hit confident draw shots at 10 and 15.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qvx93JAWliA#!

 

Can't believe I watched that whole video.  Probably better coverage of the first few holes than I saw last year a1_smile.gif

post #112 of 1228

Remember Zach's win here! didn't go for one single par 5 in 2! so that struggle for distance on par 5's not an issue, the par 4's on the other hand, might give some trouble. But on the other hand he should be used to playing 440 yard par 4's. 

post #113 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post

Herman Williams managed to capture video for a couple of practice round swings by Tiger yesterday. Looked like he hit confident draw shots at 10 and 15.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qvx93JAWliA#!

 

Can't believe I watched that whole video.  Probably better coverage of the first few holes than I saw last year a1_smile.gif

thanks for posting the video. oustanding commentary and video of swings.....great find

post #114 of 1228

Rory and Lee playing together was ... unexpected.

post #115 of 1228

Right on Rick that's the shot of the day!!

post #116 of 1228

I don't know... I know the 14 year old is mature beyond his years and is a "phenom" to the game of golf to even be considered in the same sentence as the Masters, but I just can't help but fall back on statistics. Statistically, I don't think he'll be playing on the weekend. Yes, Tiger won at 19 but there is a major difference in a 14 year old and a 19 year old - both physically and mentally.

 

I really, really hope he does well but I wouldn't put money on him making it to Saturday.

post #117 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Rory and Lee playing together was ... unexpected.

 

Glad I'm not the only one who was surprised by that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

I don't know... I know the 14 year old is mature beyond his years and is a "phenom" to the game of golf to even be considered in the same sentence as the Masters, but I just can't help but fall back on statistics. Statistically, I don't think he'll be playing on the weekend. Yes, Tiger won at 19 but there is a major difference in a 14 year old and a 19 year old - both physically and mentally.

 

I really, really hope he does well but I wouldn't put money on him making it to Saturday.

 

What did Tiger win at 19?

post #118 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

What did Tiger win at 19?

 

Woods won the Masters in '97 at age 21. He turned professional at 19/20. Slight mix-up.

post #119 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvk77 View Post

Remember Zach's win here! didn't go for one single par 5 in 2! so that struggle for distance on par 5's not an issue, the par 4's on the other hand, might give some trouble. But on the other hand he should be used to playing 440 yard par 4's. 


He also put on one of the best putting shows ever. The 14yo evidently has a great short game, we will see. I sure as hell am rooting for him.

post #120 of 1228

How about the Louis O, Ernie and Adam Scott practice round grouping? I could watch those guys hit it all day long.

post #121 of 1228

Great swings both of them.  Louis O is the most relaxed player I have seen in a long time.  He always seems so calm.

post #122 of 1228

Currently watching the practice range broadcast online...

Wow what a beautiful day!  The grass is immaculate.

Wish I was out on the course...  We got snow yesterday and it is cold today.  I am not sure if the courses will be open this weekend herein Denver area.

post #123 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari View Post

Currently watching the practice range broadcast online...

Wow what a beautiful day!  The grass is immaculate.

Wish I was out on the course...  We got snow yesterday and it is cold today.  I am not sure if the courses will be open this weekend herein Denver area.

I'm watching as well. They just now finished obsessing over Adam Scott and now they've moved on to Hunter Mahan. 

 

The course is pristine, as usual, and the flowers are still in bloom this year as well. Last year they were packing ice on them over night to keep the blooms closed and fresh for the tournament as best as they could.

 

It was 80° here outside of Cleveland, OH yesterday... 75 today and now we're going back down to 45 on Friday, 48 Saturday and 55 Sunday. It never fails... 80 and sunny during the work week... 50, windy, cold and cloudy on the weekends to ruin golf - 3rd weekend in a row (though Sunday's 55 should be alright as long as the winds stay down and we get clear skies - that would feel more like 65).

post #124 of 1228

They just showed Phil walking on to the practice area.

I can't believe the size of the gallery just watching them practice!  Holy cr@p!  There is an entire stand dedicated to the practice area!  Never realized that before.

post #125 of 1228

the kid is going to finish at +14.

post #126 of 1228

I was just watching Billy Payne's press conference. I did not realize they expanded the cut to 50 players from 44.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)