or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343) - Page 3

post #37 of 1228

I don't see Oosthuizen's name mentioned enough, I can see him be right there again. 

post #38 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18 View Post

I don't see Oosthuizen's name mentioned enough, I can see him be right there again. 

I mentioned him as a sleeper in our staff preview column that will go up in a few days on the main site. He's played as well as just about anyone over the last six months, plus we know he can play Augusta.
post #39 of 1228

How many players are in the field for the masters?I keep hearing how alot of good players are not going to be in the masters field so I am guessing its probaly low compared to other events?

post #40 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz28179 View Post

How many players are in the field for the masters?I keep hearing how alot of good players are not going to be in the masters field so I am guessing its probably low compared to other events?
Quote:
The Masters has the smallest field of the four major championships. Officially, the Masters remains an invitation event, but there is a set of qualifying criteria that determines who is included in the field.[
The tournament typically has around 95 players.
post #41 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz28179 View Post

How many players are in the field for the masters?I keep hearing how alot of good players are not going to be in the masters field so I am guessing its probaly low compared to other events?


Very unusual field - not weak, but less talent than many of the regular tour events.  But Bobby Jones had his ways - so you have probably a quarter of the field with absolutely no chance of making the cut (some amateurs and past champions).  So in reality, it's a tournament similar to the Tour Championship (30 entrants).  My point my be convoluted, but look at Masters' invite list.

 

I still look forward to the event every year.......

post #42 of 1228

For these pros, is the Master's the most desirable tourney to win?  Like, i mean, forever you will get a free dinner.  Any other special benefits?  Maybe the UK lads would prefer to win the Brit Open.  

post #43 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekelly View Post

For these pros, is the Master's the most desirable tourney to win?  Like, i mean, forever you will get a free dinner.  Any other special benefits?  Maybe the UK lads would prefer to win the Brit Open.  

I think you also get a winners locker, and get to stay in the winners room at the top of the clubhouse.

But I think you're right, the UK crew would rather win the Brit open. I personally prefer the buildup and the hype of the master tourney than any other.
post #44 of 1228
 
 
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkeycats View Post

I'm gonna go Rose winning in a playoff against Rory.

 

 

I really feel for Rose. I kind of followed him for awhile - remember when he had a long string of missed cuts on the Euro Tour when he turned pro and was supposedly the next sensation.  He really is major-worthy, imo.  Sorry that he just couldn't close the deal over the weekend. Wouldn't surprise me that he comes back and competes at the Masters. He's led in Augusta after two rounds in the past - maybe all of these stumbles will make him even stronger.

 

Maybe he needs to pay Steve Stricker a visit soon.


Idk that I feel sorry for Rose. I have heard some bad pr on his part lately. I am not sure what is true but these often hold some merit.

 
post #45 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

 


 


 


 





Idk that I feel sorry for Rose. I have heard some bad pr on his part lately. I am not sure what is true but these often hold some merit.
 


As an Englishman, I can forgive him for anything after his putt on 17th in the singles against big Phil in the Ryder Cup, that was epic.
post #46 of 1228

haven't seen any bad PR from Justin Rose.... he has a good charity, treats fans well, and doesn't #$#$!!! after bad shots.......all good in my book.

 

http://blessingsinabackpack.org/GetInvolved/JustinRose.aspx

post #47 of 1228

Furyk and McIlroy going into Master's week looking good.......let the week begin......

post #48 of 1228
What putter is Rory McIlroy using in San Antonio? I can't tell if he is now using the Nike or still with the Scotty Cameron. Thanks.
post #49 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by golflaw View Post

What putter is Rory McIlroy using in San Antonio? I can't tell if he is now using the Nike or still with the Scotty Cameron. Thanks.

 


 

Nike.

post #50 of 1228
McIlroy even got the swoosh on his underpants
post #51 of 1228

lots of Masters Week hype on GC....guess I'll be watching most of it

post #52 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkeycats View Post


I think you also get a winners locker, and get to stay in the winners room at the top of the clubhouse.

But I think you're right, the UK crew would rather win the Brit open. I personally prefer the buildup and the hype of the master tourney than any other.

You are thinking of the amateurs who qualify to play The Masters. They stay in the Crow's Nest, the area at the top of the clubhouse. Other pro's, like at other tournaments rent homes or hotel rooms in the area.

post #53 of 1228

Stricker and Woods played a practice round together yesterday. Woods probably getting more putting tips from Stricker. Worst nightmare for the field.

post #54 of 1228

its only monday and im already geeked out beyond belief...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)