or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › The 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard - Page 4

post #55 of 313
I've never been to a tournament, can't help you with that...
post #56 of 313
I might of went to this one, butstuck working the whole weekend. So ill be pulling for Phil, Bubba and Graeme on the couch.
post #57 of 313
Thread Starter 

Just looked up admission prices for the day $50/tix + $10 parking. 80 miles drive each way.

 

PGA gate prices are getting in the league of MLB, NFL, NBA. (My Bucs season tickets cost $65/game endzone seat while Rays games cost me $20/tix).

 

Practice round day cost me $40 tix plus I picked up two Arnie teas $4 each, lunch $10.

 

Tampa Champonship event I went to last week gave free admission to military or military retirees - I went five days including a practice round. Arnie doesn't do that.

 

Guess I get in a round of golf here and watch the HDTV. Tiger coverage most of the afternoon. Better than fighting crowds.

post #58 of 313
Thread Starter 

 

CHIII the other day at Bay Hill  - had a couple of clips left to post, sorry if not interested.

post #59 of 313
Thread Starter 

post #60 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post

Can't decide whether to head out to the tournament bright and early tomorrow a.m. Its about 80 miles away. Big crowds expected, I guess (I hate crowds). You get bussed to the tournament from Universal Studios - pain in the a@@.  Or I could just go  out and play, come home watch on the HDTV while having a couple of beers while sitting in the recliner.

 

Tough decision.

 

I was intending to go yesterday but decided to play golf instead.  Bottom line, I'd rather play golf than watch others play it.......

 

Still may go out Saturday, but you're right, it's gonna be a mob scene then too.

post #61 of 313
Thread Starter 

 

 

Nice opening round -3 (69) by "the kid".

post #62 of 313
Thread Starter 

Got my day planned: practice for 2-3 hrs out at my course, head to Bradenton for the Rays-Pirates spring training game (stop by Golfsmith to browse), then head home and watch the DVR......my idea of the perfect day.

post #63 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post

Got my day planned: practice for 2-3 hrs out at my course, head to Bradenton for the Rays-Pirates spring training game (stop by Golfsmith to browse), then head home and watch the DVR......my idea of the perfect day.

 

sounds like youre not married...

post #64 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post

Just looked up admission prices for the day $50/tix + $10 parking. 80 miles drive each way.

 

PGA gate prices are getting in the league of MLB, NFL, NBA. (My Bucs season tickets cost $65/game endzone seat while Rays games cost me $20/tix).

 

Practice round day cost me $40 tix plus I picked up two Arnie teas $4 each, lunch $10.

 

Tampa Champonship event I went to last week gave free admission to military or military retirees - I went five days including a practice round. Arnie doesn't do that.

 

Guess I get in a round of golf here and watch the HDTV. Tiger coverage most of the afternoon. Better than fighting crowds.

I live near Boston, and it is nearly impossible to take a family of 4 to a game around here. Pats tickets $110 each $40 parking $11 bud lights, Bruins $100 and $30 parking. My dad used to take me to B's games for $30. I could go on a vacation for a week for the price of 1 game. 

post #65 of 313

anyone else predicting a good day for Tiger?  he hit it poorly yesterday and still managed a decent score.  i doubt hes going to hit it that poorly again today.

post #66 of 313

Lefty goes out in 40 this morning.  He gets the weekend off unless he does something really heroic!

post #67 of 313
Got to get to a tourny this year but would rather play,than watch.
post #68 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Lefty goes out in 40 this morning.  He gets the weekend off unless he does something really heroic!

 

Catch any of the lowlights of his round yesterday?  Dude chunked one out of the fairway bunker like 30 yards (and still managed par) and also skulled an iron shot into the water hazard.

post #69 of 313

Thanks for all the great stuff Rick!

 

Saw this on FB 

 

"Arnie and Kate Upton today at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. It's good to be The King."

 

 

 

And she received an umbrella pin, making her an official member of Arnie's Army.

post #70 of 313

I see the leader in the clubhouse (Bill Haas) eagled the par 5 16th.  I noticed yesterday that a couple guys had around 150 yards into the green for their 2nd shots.  They mentioned it was downwind when Tiger's drive went 350 yards.  It seems like with that wind, it's really playing as a long par 4 (510 yards).

 

Think that time off hurt Snedeker?  He's going to miss the cut at +8!  Mickelson finished at +8 too, with 2 triples and a double.  Yikes.

post #71 of 313

Phil shoots 79.  2 triples and a double on a par 5.   I've got those kind of skills!  

post #72 of 313
Lol at arnie... Always the womanizer... Although I don't blame him at all...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › The 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard