Originally Posted by Sai-Jin
1. Sorry for the review, please tell me what extra info you are expecting of me.
2. I forgot to mention... this new hybrid that I have, I installed a premium shaft that's 2 inches longer than any 4H I own... I can hit any normal length 4H flush.
hope it clears it up.
Sounds like your problem may be with the extra length in the shaft......if you hit a standard length hybrid flush, why the extra 2 inches? Stick with the standard lengths and it sounds like your problem may be fixed!
As to the review, I just would like to see a little more than "It had a small head, looked good, sounded muted, but I flushed it with a med/high trajectory." All good to know, but maybe a little more in the way of specs and general on-course usefulness. Just off the top of my head, and certainly not all inclusive:
- How does it look at address? Open, closed, neutral?
- Are there any adjustable features? If so, how did they work?
- How's the finish? Gloss, matte?
- Alignment marks/aids? Good, bad, helpful, distracting, none....?
- What loft(s) were tested? What iron would it replace?
- How far did you hit it specifically, compared to how far you hit the corresponding iron?
- What were the specs on the test shaft(s) you tested... length, weight, torque, flex?
- Were the shafts appropriate to your swing/expectations?
- How was the workability of the club?
- Compared to an equivalent iron, could you flight the ball up or down?
- How did the sole interact with the turf?
- A lot of people like to use hybrids around the green.....how did it chip? Was the hot face a factor?
- What did you think of the stock grip?
- How long did you test the club for? On the course, range, or just in the hitting bay at the local Dicks?
- If tested for a length of time, how did the club hold up?
Again, not to be picky, but if someone's going to benefit from a review......maybe even make a decision as to whether to even bother trying a club themselves, they need a little more than "it looks good and I hit it flush".
Just my .02 worth, which may actually be worth less than that......