or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Least Favorite Player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Least Favorite Player - Page 10

post #163 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Random questions for everybody:

The people you put on this list ... do you actively root AGAINST them when you are watching golf?

Or is it more like just an indifference towards them?

All this talk about Sergio being hated, and the more I think about it, I would loooooooove to see him win next week.  That would be epic!

Or the guys who don't like Rickie because he has a mustache or orange clothes ... does it bother you when he wins?  Or are you really simply saying that you wished he shaved and wore normal clothes, and nothing more?

Only Phil. Maybe it's schadenfreude or maybe Phil is just that much of an insufferable ass, but seeing FIGJAM poking through the bushes looking for a ball seriously makes me happy.
post #164 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Random questions for everybody:

The people you put on this list ... do you actively root AGAINST them when you are watching golf?

Or is it more like just an indifference towards them?

All this talk about Sergio being hated, and the more I think about it, I would loooooooove to see him win next week.  That would be epic!

Or the guys who don't like Rickie because he has a mustache or orange clothes ... does it bother you when he wins?  Or are you really simply saying that you wished he shaved and wore normal clothes, and nothing more?

I actively root against fowler when he is playing. Not only does he annoy me, so do his fans.

I dont have to get too bothered if he wins - if it has happened, it hasnt happened much.
post #165 of 243
 
 
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Random questions for everybody:

The people you put on this list ... do you actively root AGAINST them when you are watching golf?

Or is it more like just an indifference towards them?

All this talk about Sergio being hated, and the more I think about it, I would loooooooove to see him win next week.  That would be epic!

Or the guys who don't like Rickie because he has a mustache or orange clothes ... does it bother you when he wins?  Or are you really simply saying that you wished he shaved and wore normal clothes, and nothing more?

I actively root against fowler when he is playing. Not only does he annoy me, so do his fans.

I dont have to get too bothered if he wins - if it has happened, it hasnt happened much.


I played behind a "Fowler" dressed 12-13 year old this weekend. He was a small kid maybe he was older but his mom dropped him off. Fowler is a positive good kid. I don't know why you would be a hater. He is not my fav but he doesn't do anything to warrant the hate. Maybe you just hate the flat brimmers.

 
post #166 of 243

My least favorite (by a longshot) is Tiger Woods.  I don't feel a need to justify my opinion (because it's just an opinion), nor do I expect to change anybody else's mind or expect anybody/everybody to agree with me.  And yes, I actively root against him when he's playing.  Just don't like him, period.

post #167 of 243
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac62 View Post

My least favorite (by a longshot) is Tiger Woods.  I don't feel a need to justify my opinion (because it's just an opinion), nor do I expect to change anybody else's mind or expect anybody/everybody to agree with me.  And yes, I actively root against him when he's playing.  Just don't like him, period.

You don't feel the need to justify your opinion? What's that mean? You don't have any grounds to carry that opinion?
post #168 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchshot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac62 View Post

My least favorite (by a longshot) is Tiger Woods.  I don't feel a need to justify my opinion (because it's just an opinion), nor do I expect to change anybody else's mind or expect anybody/everybody to agree with me.  And yes, I actively root against him when he's playing.  Just don't like him, period.

You don't feel the need to justify your opinion? What's that mean? You don't have any grounds to carry that opinion?

Basically he didn't want to explain why he hates Tiger.
post #169 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchshot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac62 View Post

My least favorite (by a longshot) is Tiger Woods.  I don't feel a need to justify my opinion (because it's just an opinion), nor do I expect to change anybody else's mind or expect anybody/everybody to agree with me.  And yes, I actively root against him when he's playing.  Just don't like him, period.

You don't feel the need to justify your opinion? What's that mean? You don't have any grounds to carry that opinion?

Basically he didn't want to explain why he hates Tiger.

 

Probably because like most of the reasons we have posted in this thread, it just sounds like he's whining.  You have to admit that most of the reasons for disliking certain players are rather petty - my own included. g1_wacko.gif

post #170 of 243

Sometimes confidence is taken as arrogance and I think a lot of Pros are disliked for that.

 

I've read several articles or tips written by Jack Nicklaus that I've thought 'Amazing how every subject turns into memory lane where he has to recall winning something. What a _____' but then I temper that thought with 'hell yeah, he's confident. He's the Greatest Of All Time'. Definitely my favorite of all time.

 

That being said, there are some douchebags out there on tour I'm sure. Some have such a sense of entitlement that you wonder how they can swing with a silver spoon jammed in their ass.

post #171 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchshot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac62 View Post

My least favorite (by a longshot) is Tiger Woods.  I don't feel a need to justify my opinion (because it's just an opinion), nor do I expect to change anybody else's mind or expect anybody/everybody to agree with me.  And yes, I actively root against him when he's playing.  Just don't like him, period.

You don't feel the need to justify your opinion? What's that mean? You don't have any grounds to carry that opinion?


Sure I have grounds for it - but they're subjective (just like any opinion) and I don't care to pontificate or debate about it.  I'm not going to change anybody else's mind and nobody is going to change mine, so I don't see the point.  It's no different than somebody saying they can't stand broccoli when it's one of my favorite vegetables....it doesn't matter why they don't like it and nothing I say about how delicious and nutritious broccoli is will change their mind.  They just don't like it, so who am I to criticize them or argue about it?

 

I'll also add that my dislike is based solely upon my perception of his public persona, not close personal knowledge (just like the vast majority of other opinions in this thread) - I've never met him in person and he may actually be a really cool dude.  Maybe if I actually sat down and had a few beers with him we'd be best buds. 

post #172 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post
....You have to admit that most of the reasons for disliking certain players are rather petty - my own included. g1_wacko.gif

Yep - acknowledged.  My basis is definitely petty and based upon generalities - it's not like he slept with my wife or something tangible like that.

 

In either case, I doubt TW loses any sleep over what I (or anybody else) thinks about him - he's unarguably one of the most successful golfers in the history of the sport, a billionaire several times over and has been romantically involved with some very beautiful women.  I doubt it would bother him one bit to hear that I'm not a fan. a3_biggrin.gif

post #173 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac62 View Post


Sure I have grounds for it - but they're subjective (just like any opinion) and I don't care to pontificate or debate about it.  I'm not going to change anybody else's mind and nobody is going to change mine, so I don't see the point.  It's no different than somebody saying they can't stand broccoli when it's one of my favorite vegetables....it doesn't matter why they don't like it and nothing I say about how delicious and nutritious broccoli is will change their mind.  They just don't like it, so who am I to criticize them or argue about it?

 

I'll also add that my dislike is based solely upon my perception of his public persona, not close personal knowledge (just like the vast majority of other opinions in this thread) - I've never met him in person and he may actually be a really cool dude.  Maybe if I actually sat down and had a few beers with him we'd be best buds. 

Sounds fair to me.

 

I couldn't stand to watch Jim Colbert in the 70's the way he strutted around, put his arm around other golfers, grinned everytime the camera was on him, wore is collar up and had the sailor cap.

He struck me as an aloof boor. Maybe if I had beers with him I might think different also.

post #174 of 243

i like Serg

post #175 of 243

David Simms ( Don Johnson - Tin Cup) - Thats how i picture alot of tour pros behind the camera's.

 

My least favorite has to be Sergio - He just whines too much after he ends up losing. Whining about conditions at Augusta when no one else did. Whining about not calling play because of rain at the 2002 U.S open then saying "If tiger woods would have been out there, it would have been called". 2007 British open blaming the golfing gods for his putts liping out "I'm playing against alot of guys out there, more than the field".  Waaaa - take a little responsibility for your own play.

 

I just hate whining about that stuff when everyone else played the same conditions.

post #176 of 243

Gotta be Bomberman b2_tongue.gif

post #177 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Gotta be Bomberman b2_tongue.gif


 Nah, it can't be.   The question is about  "Least Favorite Player".     He's no player.   

post #178 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 460CompMark View Post

i like Serg

 

I love lamp........

post #179 of 243

Webb Simpson annoys me to no end. I can't stand Poulter after having seen him in person and in interviews. Just arrogant and self absorbed.

 

I like Jim Furyk, but can't stand watching his swing, lol.

post #180 of 243

Who is YOUR Least favorite Golfer?

Just seeing the guys you root against on TOUR:

 

I dislike Ian Poulter and Rory Sabbatini. But we always talk about whose better and favorites.. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Least Favorite Player