or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (nevets88)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (nevets88) - Page 2

post #19 of 110

That's nice. Eventually you'll mix in a little teeny pivot on the backswing, and really feel the "arm swing" on the DOWNswing.

post #20 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

That's nice. Eventually you'll mix in a little teeny pivot on the backswing, and really feel the "arm swing" on the DOWNswing.

 

Thanks. I thought you were going to bring up Key #2, I realize I'm majorly lacking it, but I think you're saying I ingrain this feeling with Key #2 on a fuller swing?

post #21 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

Thanks. I thought you were going to bring up Key #2, I realize I'm majorly lacking it, but I think you're saying I ingrain this feeling with Key #2 on a fuller swing?

 

Yes, pretty much.

 

You'll add a little turn to the backswing, but keep this feeling along with a little more #2 on the downswing.

post #22 of 110
Thread Starter 

Was really frustrated lately, trying a lot of different moves. Close to throwing in the towel for good. But last session was good, still flippy, but less flippy. So frustrating.

 

 

post #23 of 110

It looks pretty good to my eye. I don't know what you have been working on, but the finish is really restricted.  The rest of the swing is pretty athletic.  I am probably way off, but:  that tells me you are trying "not" to do something which is a negative thought.  It's hard to be athletic trying not to do something .  You say you are still "flippy" , are you telling yourself "don't flip"  Whenever I am working on something, I find it helpful to think of what TO do while hitting the ball as opposed what NOT to do.  So, when I get flippy I tell myself to"release the club later" as opposed to "don't release early".  That seems to free my swing up a LOT more and make it a more aggressive and athletic move.

 

Don't get down.  We all have been there.  For some real life perspective:  if that is your biggest bitch of the week, you're life is pretty damn good!

 

 I hope that helps.

post #24 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiseppe View Post
 

It looks pretty good to my eye. I don't know what you have been working on, but the finish is really restricted.  The rest of the swing is pretty athletic.  I am probably way off, but:  that tells me you are trying "not" to do something which is a negative thought.  It's hard to be athletic trying not to do something .  You say you are still "flippy" , are you telling yourself "don't flip"  Whenever I am working on something, I find it helpful to think of what TO do while hitting the ball as opposed what NOT to do.  So, when I get flippy I tell myself to"release the club later" as opposed to "don't release early".  That seems to free my swing up a LOT more and make it a more aggressive and athletic move.

 

Don't get down.  We all have been there.  For some real life perspective:  if that is your biggest bitch of the week, you're life is pretty damn good!

 

 I hope that helps.

 

Thanks. Yeah, my follow through is, well, I kind of hold off because I have a head lunge move. Or something that looks like it. I'm still figuring out the release bit. I think it may be I need to release earlier, but will send in a video to the evolvr soon.

 
Ha ha, I wish this was my biggest biatch of the week! But yeah, gotta keep a perspective on things.
post #25 of 110
Thread Starter 

DTL view. A little loose at the top.

 

post #26 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

DTL view. A little loose at the top.

 

You're way too hard on yourself.

post #27 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

You're way too hard on yourself.

 

Ha! I was OTT for awhile, trying some funky things to keep my head from popping up, finally figured it out and fixed it recently... I think - those swings were really bad.

 
 
Good to hear though. 
post #28 of 110
Thread Starter 

Both swings: relaxed 3 iron, ~165yds (into wind, cr@p balls), ~15-20 ft draw, contact a tad thin, but center, medium heigh ball flight.

 

Working on keeping arms in front of the body, especially post impact. I think the right arm is straightening a bit too fast P4 - P6, trying to lead with the left elbow more, get right shoulder more towards the ball. Was really hitting the ball poorly in September, but much better now. Using the camera less often for the past couple of weeks, might be thinking a little less (stupid monkey) because of that.

 

 

 

post #29 of 110

looks good, bust most important, how does this swing feel to you. do you feel like you are making a great swing.

post #30 of 110
Nice job..grip a little too strong
post #31 of 110
Thread Starter 

Working on getting left arm off away from right shoulder, leading with the right elbow. Could have shagged the giraffe a little better in the face on. Gotta throw some more rocks! Arms are kind of loosey goosey because these are my nudgey swings. 6I about 100 yards. Doing this sometimes throws off the guy in the next stall banging away on driver.

 

 

post #32 of 110
Thread Starter 

Full 6I, enough with the baby swings, trying to rotate left arm more post impact, karate chop arms forward off chest, right elbow leading, right shoulder down. Adding speed, hips outrunning the rest of the body compared to last swing? Is this early extension or upper body/lower body out of sync? Will try and slow down hips next time out. Awaiting instructor analysis.

 

I set the shutter to 1/125 here. I guess it's looking a bit overexposed? The sun seemed to come out of nowhere.

 

BTW, this setup f*&ks with my head. The mat points left in relation to the dividers and the look of the range makes me want to hit it right, so I don't rotate enough on my backswing sometimes and hit big honking pushes, push fades. Once I tell myself, turn all the way back and turn through, I'm okay, sometimes big honking hook :-)

 

 

 

 

 

post #33 of 110
Thread Starter 

This is an older swing back in September during a lesson with iteach, One of these 6 irons went 180, slight draw, someone was asking in another thread how to hit a 7I 170. Good instruction, that's how! Also, I wasn't holding back on the swings, despite the slow motion video, going at these aggressively.

 

 

post #34 of 110

Swing is lookin pretty good there nevets..

post #35 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

Swing is lookin pretty good there nevets..

 

Thanks Hammer.

 

Wanted to get one in before the new year and in a Canadian dome, eh?

 

Trying to get my left shoulder in more on BS, keep shoulders more closed at impact (not so much here). Want to clean up a some things not mentioned by pro, it's really hard not to and to stick with instructor instructions. BS looks like it's going inside a little, could get my hands up higher at top, head popping up at impact. It's 15 degrees F and I got to practice, so not complaining. Lighting is not good in domes.

 

 

post #36 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Trying to get my left shoulder in more on BS, keep shoulders more closed at impact (not so much here).

 

Yeah, be careful of that:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Want to clean up a some things not mentioned by pro, it's really hard not to and to stick with instructor instructions. BS looks like it's going inside a little, could get my hands up higher at top, head popping up at impact. It's 15 degrees F and I got to practice, so not complaining. Lighting is not good in domes.

 

I'd get the shaft to lay down a bit (higher, "less deep" hands will help), but really work on the hips and shoulders being more open. The shaft laying down will keep your path OUTward even if you are rotating more aggressively.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (nevets88)