or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (nevets88)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (nevets88) - Page 5

post #73 of 110
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopster View Post
 


Camera angle shows a good shaft angle at impact, not sure where the flipping your talking about is happening, we have to release the club at some point

 

 

My lead wrist is cupping and right wrist is almost starting to bow, there's no slight cupping to it (bent back). I think my arms can be more ahead, less running out of right arm?

 

   

post #74 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopster View Post
 


Camera angle shows a good shaft angle at impact, not sure where the flipping your talking about is happening, we have to release the club at some point

 

Agree

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

 

 

My lead wrist is cupping and right wrist is almost starting to bow, there's no slight cupping to it (bent back). I think my arms can be more ahead, less running out of right arm?

 

 

I think you're being way too critical. At impact it's good, after impact the lead wrist starts to cup, can't be flat forever, that would slow the swing down.

 

post #75 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Agree

 

I think you're being way too critical. At impact it's good, after impact the lead wrist starts to cup, can't be flat forever, that would slow the swing down.

 

OK. It just, something looks off, like I could generate more speed through better sequencing/positions, but it's good to hear. I'm thinking I need more time doing this and fluidity will come.

post #76 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

I think you're being way too critical. At impact it's good, after impact the lead wrist starts to cup, can't be flat forever, that would slow the swing down.

 

I second this.

post #77 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I second this.

Ok, got the gist. Will keep on with suggestions.
post #78 of 110
Thread Starter 

Is getting more shaft lean like this desirable? More and more able to do this at higher speeds but lose the lean at 3/4 to full speed.

 

 

 

This is what I mean by getting arms out in front more.

 

  

post #79 of 110
Thread Starter 

Notes: When I go at the ball hard, I stand up/extend, flip, lose control & distance. If I swing controlled, I get better impact conditions but don't get my weight forward.

 

  

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

post #80 of 110
Thread Starter 

Working on 3/4 swings. Actually my 7/8 or 15/16 swing. Interesting how different they all look.

 

 

post #81 of 110

Looks to me like you're in need or a pivot to generate power in the transition.  I'm no professional but what worked for me at this stage was forgetting about everything else(It's more ingrained than you think) and focus on the knees. Specifically, that right knee is a problem.  It doesn't flex back at all. I'm not advocating a sway, you have to turn around your knees but the right knee needs to flex back a little, maybe an inch.

 

Try this:  Think of both knees as connected. flex them back, directly away from the target line, together maintaing the distance between them. The left knee will close a little more than you realize because of the turn but what's important is that they feel tension, directly away from the target, at the same time and then you stop going back with the knees and hold that tension as you complete your backswing.  Then, as you feel tension at the top, fire both knees right at the target and you'll have a pivot...the hips and arms will follow the knees down the line and you will get that snap you're lacking. Once you get that, you can go back and modify but if it were me, knowing what you know and missing what you're missing, I'd be attaining that pivot snap at this point.

 

Best of luck. It's a great game.

post #82 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase07470 View Post
 

Looks to me like you're in need or a pivot to generate power in the transition.  I'm no professional but what worked for me at this stage was forgetting about everything else(It's more ingrained than you think) and focus on the knees. Specifically, that right knee is a problem.  It doesn't flex back at all. I'm not advocating a sway, you have to turn around your knees but the right knee needs to flex back a little, maybe an inch.

 

Try this:  Think of both knees as connected. flex them back, directly away from the target line, together maintaing the distance between them. The left knee will close a little more than you realize because of the turn but what's important is that they feel tension, directly away from the target, at the same time and then you stop going back with the knees and hold that tension as you complete your backswing.  Then, as you feel tension at the top, fire both knees right at the target and you'll have a pivot...the hips and arms will follow the knees down the line and you will get that snap you're lacking. Once you get that, you can go back and modify but if it were me, knowing what you know and missing what you're missing, I'd be attaining that pivot snap at this point.

 

Best of luck. It's a great game.

 

Thanks for the tips. I'll run this by my instructor and see what he thinks.

post #83 of 110
Thread Starter 

Trying something a little different here. Swing thought is arms only. Able to do a full arm swing now, I know the hips aren't extending, my right heel still pretty close to the ground plus that funky follow through. But able to really get the hands forward this way.

 

  

post #84 of 110
Thread Starter 

I should get the ADD Monkey award. Got sidetracked again. Always wondered how the hell Mac O'Grady did this swing.

 

 

This is my sad attempt.

 

post #85 of 110

http://cl.ly/image/3N0B1d0p2v41

 

Surely you know what to do with that… :)

post #86 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

http://cl.ly/image/3N0B1d0p2v41

 

Surely you know what to do with that… :)

 

This I think? Still cheating @ P4 to get SAT though but not out of sorts like the above I think.

 

post #87 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

This I think? Still cheating @ P4 to get SAT though but not out of sorts like the above I think.

 

No. Turn more than 60°.

post #88 of 110

As Erik said

 

 

 

Also note how he doesn't "hold" his wrist angles. Yes he gets the handle pretty far forward at A6, but by A8-9, his left wrist is in dorsi flexion.

Squeeze the thighs together, dorsi flex both wrists, bury the chin in the right clavicle ;-)

post #89 of 110
Thread Starter 

Thanks @mvmac. Boy, does he get the hands ahead @ A6:

 

post #90 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Thanks @mvmac. Boy, does he get the hands ahead @ A6:

 

 

It helps when you have very little secondary axis tilt. :-O

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (nevets88)