or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › DQ Brandel Chamblee from the Golf Channel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DQ Brandel Chamblee from the Golf Channel - Page 3

post #37 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by eich41 View Post

It's the PLAYERS ONUS TO ENSURE THAT THEIR SCORECARD IS CORRECT PRIOR TO SIGNING.  Tiger violated a very basic rule and failed to apply the appropriate penalty shots, and then signed an incorrect scorecard.  It's the player's responsibility to call infractions on themselves and ensure their card is correct before signing.  Tiger did not know that they had reviewed and ruled that there was no infraction at that point.  Therefore it doesn't absolve him from having to verify it was correct.

 

Even if he didn't intend to break the rule, or didn't know the rule, or didn't realize he broke the rule is all irrelevant.  The only justification would be if Tiger had asked for verification before signing and was incorrectly informed that he didn't break the rule by a rules official.  In that case, he would have tried to verify his score and been incorrectly informed by an official.  However he didn't do that.  Whether he knew the rule, intended to break the rule, etc. doesn't matter.  What matters is that he violated a rule, didn't apply the penalty strokes and signed an incorrect card.  That is automatic DQ.

 

Ok, I think we disagree.

 

I guess we both correlate this to a case where Rules Official gives a ruling which is against the RoG on course, the player is not penalised for this wrong ruling as it has been approved by RO (even though RO has been wrong). In TW case the Rules Officials did not tell TW anything, as they agreed all was well. I disagree with you that the communication between Committee and TW would have been needed to avoid DQ. I agree that it would have cleared the confusion a lot. But IMO it was Committees mistake not player's.

post #38 of 236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer View Post

LOL...clearly we have a few TW fans in this thread.  Tiger should have been DQed but a new rule allowed the tournament organizers to not DQ him at their discretion.  Had it been anyone else, it would have been a DQ.

It makes them look like a hypocrite when they penalize a 14 year old kid for being slow (something that the pros do all the time and are never penalized) yet they seemingly give Tiger a pass because he is Tiger.

Tiger should be a man of honor and WD because should he go on to win The Masters, it will be a tainted win.

Im sorry that some people cant handle Chamblee stating the obvious but maybe the problem isnt him, its you.

A pass would be no penalty. He received two stroke penalty. If you got a speeding ticket and was accessed a $50 fine would give up your drivers license?

post #39 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer View Post

LOL...clearly we have a few TW fans in this thread.  Tiger should have been DQed but a new rule allowed the tournament organizers to not DQ him at their discretion.  Had it been anyone else, it would have been a DQ.

It makes them look like a hypocrite when they penalize a 14 year old kid for being slow (something that the pros do all the time and are never penalized) yet they seemingly give Tiger a pass because he is Tiger.

Tiger should be a man of honor and WD because should he go on to win The Masters, it will be a tainted win.

Im sorry that some people cant handle Chamblee stating the obvious but maybe the problem isnt him, its you.

 

  1. You can't prove "had it been anyone else..."
  2. Pros are penalized, particularly in Europe, but they aren't often a full hole (or more) BEHIND like Guan was for seven holes, AND take bad times AFTER getting a warning. Besides, Guan and Tiger are entirely different scenarios.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luu5 View Post

This means that committee approved TW's play was correct and no need to talk to him before signing the card. Also no need to talk with TW before signing the card.

 

Exactly. That they didn't tell Tiger is irrelevant. That's the point Fred Ridley made.

post #40 of 236

While I have issues with some of the Rules of Golf.........this time I agree with the Rules Committee. THEY ruled before he signed his card on Friday that he had NOT violated a rule, and therefore no penalty was to be assessed. Correct?

 

THEN, only after a televised interview, with Tiger,  the Rules Committee decides to review their decision? Correct?

And only at this point do they decide that he did in fact violate a rule, but THEY decided NOT to DQ him, but assess a 2 Stroke Penalty?

 

 

How many times does a Rules Committee get to address a decision they already made?

 

Perhaps a Rules Committee person should accompany every golfer in a Tournament?

 

Or after every round, re-assess every golfer on video to make sure no one violated any Rule of Golf?

 

If the Rules Committee are the final arbiter of any rules infraction, why is everyone so against their decision? Either they are correct or they are not. Can't have it both ways.

I now hope that Tiger wins the tournament. and by at LEAST 2 or more strokes!!!!

post #41 of 236

why would it be tainted , you have to follow and respect the rules committe decision .These guys know the rules very well and are highly respected. Lets face it brandal  and faldo are tiger haters ,simple as that . freddy has it right!

post #42 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakey View Post

why would it be tainted , you have to follow and respect the rules committe decision .These guys know the rules very well and are highly respected. Lets face it brandal  and faldo are tiger haters ,simple as that . freddy has it right!

 

Perhaps you do not know what is Faldo's opinion now.

post #43 of 236

The fact Eldrick was a given a pass is not suprising, The fact Eldrick did not take the high-road...in his warped sense-of-self, the high road is for HIM and HIM alone... also not suprising. The fact Team Tiger is in full attact mode is totally expected...lol. A more pathetic group am I am not sure exists.  Most of them don't know the difference between a driver and a divot tool...except Eldrick use to be "driver of many" and the most of them truly are "tools". Its your world folks...live it...I'll stay true to the game.  

post #44 of 236

Like all of us, the guy has an opinion.

 

Unlike all (most) of us, he is paid to offer opinions on golf.

post #45 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh No L-drik View Post

The fact Eldrick was a given a pass is not suprising, The fact Eldrick did not take the high-road...in his warped sense-of-self, the high road is for HIM and HIM alone... also not suprising. The fact Team Tiger is in full attact mode is totally expected...lol. A more pathetic group am I am not sure exists.  Most of them don't know the difference between a driver and a divot tool...except Eldrick use to be "driver of many" and the most of them truly are "tools". Its your world folks...live it...I'll stay true to the game.  

 

At least you got a reason to sign up on this board. Not sure if that is a good or not, though.

post #46 of 236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh No L-drik View Post

The fact Eldrick was a given a pass is not suprising, The fact Eldrick did not take the high-road...in his warped sense-of-self, the high road is for HIM and HIM alone... also not suprising. The fact Team Tiger is in full attact mode is totally expected...lol. A more pathetic group am I am not sure exists.  Most of them don't know the difference between a driver and a divot tool...except Eldrick use to be "driver of many" and the most of them truly are "tools". Its your world folks...live it...I'll stay true to the game.  

What ever happened to the ignore button on web sights!

post #47 of 236
Thread Starter 

Well at lest SIr nick has seen the light! Brandel has unfortunately painted himself into a corner. He gave a meek last word comment about ten minutes ago and said he wishes that Tiger plays some great golf tomorrow. Well I take him at his word. I imagine he spent the afternoon on the Golf Channel executive hot seat. I predict his days are numbered on the GC.

post #48 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by club ho View Post

A pass would be no penalty. He received two stroke penalty. If you got a speeding ticket and was accessed a $50 fine would give up your drivers license?
Great point.
post #49 of 236

It is rules officials who should be DQed. They studied Tiger's drop and were initially going to give him a free pass even though it was clearly illegal.

post #50 of 236

You can dismiss my opinions as being anti-Eldrick...I have no "hate" for Eldrick. I have aknowledged the narcissist his greatness. However, I will not allow the sycophants at home and in the media to exploit/bastardize OUR game without protestation. NOBODY is bigger than the game...the game belongs to us. We are unique, the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc...do not enjoy the "viewer particiption index" the PGA does. Collectively we are more invested (time and treasure) in the game of golf than fans of any other major sport. As loyal members of that not-so-elite group, we should call FOUL. Not out of dislike/disrespect for Mr. Woods...Tiger is as good as it gets, when he chooses to be...but out of love for the game.

post #51 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh No L-drik View Post

You can dismiss my opinions as being anti-Eldrick...I have no "hate" for Eldrick. I have aknowledged the narcissist his greatness. However, I will not allow the sycophants at home and in the media to exploit/bastardize OUR game without protestation. NOBODY is bigger than the game...the game belongs to us. We are unique, the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc...do not enjoy the "viewer particiption index" the PGA does. Collectively we are more invested (time and treasure) in the game of golf than fans of any other major sport. As loyal members of that not-so-elite group, we should call FOUL. Not out of dislike/disrespect for Mr. Woods...Tiger is as good as it gets, when he chooses to be...but out of love for the game.

 

Yeah, you have no hate for him.

 

I've got some oceanfront property in Idaho... you in the market?

post #52 of 236

Just texted my w/e foursome and informed them that I actually shot a 86 instead of and 83,..I did not know I was suppose to count ALL of my strokes ..I claimed ignorance of the rules so the $7.50 I won would not be refunded. They are not happy...obviuosly not Eldrick fans.

post #53 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by club ho View Post

What ever happened to the ignore button on web sights!

Block user is in the drop down menu next to the offender's nick.

 

I thought the penalty was assessed? Why ask for the DQ? Case closed. Brandel and Faldo just like to say things to get a rise out of people. Brandel seems serious. Faldo seems like he thinks "wait until they here what I am going say this time" before he says it. Johnny Miller is the same.

post #54 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh No L-drik View Post

Just texted my w/e foursome and informed them that I actually shot a 86 instead of and 83,..I did not know I was suppose to count ALL of my strokes ..I claimed ignorance of the rules so the $7.50 I won would not be refunded. They are not happy...obviuosly not Eldrick fans.

Your "handle" says everything about your resentment for Tiger.

 

Give up your protesting...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › DQ Brandel Chamblee from the Golf Channel