or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 10

Poll Results: What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

 
  • 7% (1)
    Los Angeles
  • 28% (4)
    Orange County
  • 50% (7)
    Inland Empire
  • 14% (2)
    San Diego
  • 0% (0)
    Other...
14 Total Votes  
post #163 of 432

Count me and my son in as well (possibly my daughter, she would need to play from the ladies tees).

 

We had a great time, even posting horrible scores.

It did a great thing for him, it made him eager to practice :-)

 

He loved playing 7400 yards, and looks forward to getting his butt kicked by another hard round.

post #164 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Count me and my son in as well (possibly my daughter, she would need to play from the ladies tees).

 

We had a great time, even posting horrible scores.

It did a great thing for him, it made him eager to practice :-)

 

He loved playing 7400 yards, and looks forward to getting his butt kicked by another hard round.

Excellent!  I think we're up to 19 or so people now.  This is great!

 

I don't think there are any PGA events starting right after we leave, so there shouldn't be any problems with the tee markers this time around. ;)

post #165 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Why not?

 

Weren't you there in the Masters chat when somebody made the comment about liking the "GD" abbreviation, then I suggested you could also call me Drew, and everybody was like "Okay, whatever, GD."  :)

 

I also answer to Andy and Andrew, and for that matter, "hey, a**hole" works too. ;)

Hey GD sounds like your wife has the same name for you as mine!

Only mine changes from a**hole to FU and a few others..ha-ha.

post #166 of 432

Hi guys, quick update, I got an email from Mark at Talega today, scheduled a time to talk with him this weekend. 

post #167 of 432

Awesome!  Keep us posted.

post #168 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Count me and my son in as well (possibly my daughter, she would need to play from the ladies tees).

 

We had a great time, even posting horrible scores.

It did a great thing for him, it made him eager to practice :-)

 

He loved playing 7400 yards, and looks forward to getting his butt kicked by another hard round.

Sounds like a GD a**hole would be the only person that would make a kid play from 7400! a2_wink.gif

post #169 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Sounds like a GD a**hole would be the only person that would make a kid play from 7400! a2_wink.gif

I spoke with the guy at the course and asked if he'd set up the special "secret" tees for us that day and he said yes.  They're not even on the card, but they're 7700 yards!  I just have to remember to give him the password when we get there that day.  (It's "masochism")

 

Of course, I am kidding!

 

And, to be fair ... it wasn't 7400, it was about 7000.  Further, there was a slight misunderstanding because Erik was not given any ages, only handicaps, and set all of the under 16's to the 6800 tees (that unbeknownst to us were pushed back to 7k - actually more but we took care of it ;)) and all of the over 16's to one set forward at 6300 or something like that.

 

For Talega, I would recommend we play the blue tees ... which are at 6600 or so, and all people over handicap "x" (20, maybe??) play from the whites.  (And, of course, all females from the reds :))

post #170 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

For Talega, I would recommend we play the blue tees ... which are at 6600 or so, and all people over handicap "x" (20, maybe??) play from the whites.  (And, of course, all females from the reds :))

This sounds good to me.

post #171 of 432
TST username Name Guest?
tristanhilton85 Tristan --
mvmac Mike --
Golfingdad Drew --
Beachcomber Shawn --
Pakoh Jon --
bplewis24 Brandon --
jefkve Jeff --
Mr. Desmond Jerry --
hacker101 Mike +2 (Justin, Steve)
Big C Colin --
justtapitin Andy --
bmartin461 Brad --
mdl Matt --
GolfSwine Andrew --
Lihu Lihu +1 (Kaili) (Possibly +2)
     
     
     
     

 

Added Lihu and his +1 to the list.

 

Beach, any +1's for you?

 

Also... here is the Talega Scorecard for those interested:

 

post #172 of 432

FYI, no +1s for me...

post #173 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

 

Beach, any +1's for you?

 

He doesn't have any friends.  Also, forgot to mention, his punishment for bailing last time is that he, and he alone, has to play from the Copper tees! b2_tongue.gif

post #174 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

He doesn't have any friends.  Also, forgot to mention, his punishment for bailing last time is that he, and he alone, has to play from the Copper tees! b2_tongue.gif

hahaha  i second this.

post #175 of 432

Just talked to Mark, we are confirmed for June 23rd at 8:00 for 16 guys (which can be adjusted).  They couldn't do much with the price, got it down to $80.

post #176 of 432
Awesome! Thanks MvMac!

Looking forward to it!
post #177 of 432

Sounds good.

post #178 of 432
Thread Starter 
Let me talk to my people. I may have an extra or two? I'll confirm by Thursday of this week.
post #179 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Just talked to Mark, we are confirmed for June 23rd at 8:00 for 16 guys (which can be adjusted).  They couldn't do much with the price, got it down to $80.

Awesome... $80 sounds good to me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Let me talk to my people. I may have an extra or two? I'll confirm by Thursday of this week.

Cool.

post #180 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Let me talk to my people. I may have an extra or two? I'll confirm by Thursday of this week.

LOL ... Beachcomber pretending like he has "people."  That's cute.

 

Great job Mike!  Can't wait for the 23rd!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion