or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 2

Poll Results: What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

 
  • 7% (1)
    Los Angeles
  • 28% (4)
    Orange County
  • 50% (7)
    Inland Empire
  • 14% (2)
    San Diego
  • 0% (0)
    Other...
14 Total Votes  
post #19 of 432

I vote the beach area or heading South staying on the coast. Never played any of them. IE gets hot and stuffy,  Dos Lagos was an ass kicker front 9  and very hot by 11:00 on the back 9 but fun. Not sure i want to play that course any time soon and not in the summer.

 

If we head to San Diego maybe a bit to far just a thought.

post #20 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

I think this place would work

 

https://www.thelacc.org/

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

But I'd have to wear my skirt no more than 4 inches above the knee.... c'mon.

post #21 of 432

If we go with the LA area (and I know so far nobody has voted for that), Industry Hills is a GREAT course... not sure what pricing would be like but I don't think it'd be that bad.

post #22 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

lol Yeah unfortunately LACC isn't an option.  I voted for Inland Empire but I'm good with whatever.  I think Mr. Desmond played Oak Quarry and really liked it.

There is my cue... 14th Hole Oak Quarry Par 3. About 180-200 yards depending on tee. There is a drop-off behind green and to left, but some room for a ball to nestle. Safe shot is right side of fairway.  I start w green, go back to tees with lake on the left and return to the hole (need to work on my video skills).

 

Conditions were great on April 6. You play in and above these canyons.

 

post #23 of 432

Our beach options would be fairly limited, I think, due to cost.  Mike is the San Diego expert, but there are a few north San Diego County courses that might fit the bill ... The Crossings at Carlsbad and Encinitas Ranch.  Also a little further north, in my back yard, there is Talega.

 

http://www.thecrossingsatcarlsbad.com/carlsbad.asp?id=182&page=3854

 

http://www.jcgolf.com/course/encinitas-ranch/

 

http://www.talegagolfclub.com/

 

I will play anywhere, and I appreciate that the weather near the coast will definitely be nicer, but I want to play at whichever location would bring out the largest group.

 

Oh, and I would definitely agree with Tristan that Industry Hills (Eisenhower, preferably) would be a great place for us to play.  Not only have a heard it's a great course, but I have a tournament there in August so it would be a nice time for me to get a feel for the place ahead of time. :)

 

They just got a nice new website too: http://www.ihgolfclub.com/

 

Anybody have any ideas on actual dates we should be looking at or is it a little early to get into that?

post #24 of 432

Industry is my back yard have not played there keep forgetting about it.

But have heard a lot of guys really like it.

post #25 of 432

I have played industry a bunch and its very nice.  Wonder what kind of rate they would do as it is a little more expensive than other places.

post #26 of 432

Well, based on the poll, its looks like we're playing in the IE. Beach, any updates?

post #27 of 432
Thread Starter 

So it looks like the majority of guys voted for IE.  Lets pick a date/weekend.  And I'll call some courses and get some information together.

post #28 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

So it looks like the majority of guys voted for IE.  Lets pick a date/weekend.  And I'll call some courses and get some information together.

I agree.  I think you originally mentioned June/July as the general time, right?  I'm pretty sure that June 16 is Father's Day (which means that weekend is the US Open) so we can fairly throw that one out the window.  And just to tidy up the choices, let's assume that nobody wants to play the weekend of the British Open either, which is July 20-21.  I'm also going to assume that Sundays are also best, seeing as how nobody's objected to our previous two outings being on a Sunday?  If I'm right about all of that, then that leaves us with these choices:

 

June 23

June 30

July 7

July 14

 

Maybe we just take a poll?

post #29 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I agree.  I think you originally mentioned June/July as the general time, right?  I'm pretty sure that June 16 is Father's Day (which means that weekend is the US Open) so we can fairly throw that one out the window.  And just to tidy up the choices, let's assume that nobody wants to play the weekend of the British Open either, which is July 20-21.  I'm also going to assume that Sundays are also best, seeing as how nobody's objected to our previous two outings being on a Sunday?  If I'm right about all of that, then that leaves us with these choices:

 

June 23

June 30

July 7

July 14

 

Maybe we just take a poll?

Any of those except July 7th would work for me. That's my dad's birthday and I'm sure we'll be doing something with my parents.

post #30 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Any of those except July 7th would work for me. That's my dad's birthday and I'm sure we'll be doing something with my parents.

Bring him golfing!

post #31 of 432

I forgot to give my vote ... I'm good with either of the June dates.  (I have another tournament I want to play in on the 14th) ;)

post #32 of 432

We are good with what ever dates, would apperciate a set one in place soon just for planning.

Put me down for 2.

post #33 of 432

I'm good for the June dates, preferably June 30th.  

post #34 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I expect BP to get his butt down to Socal - and any other lurkers in this Group to make an effort to attend!! c2_beer.gif

 

I would be interested in joining if there is room.  I've decided that I'm done golfing with my Associate Golf Club, because they are mostly a bunch of old geezer sandbaggers and I have no fun playing from the white tees all of the time.  That will free up some cash for more golfing trips and competitions (even though I suck).  I'll abstain from voting on anything but when date/course is set I'll check availability.

post #35 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

I would be interested in joining if there is room.  I've decided that I'm done golfing with my Associate Golf Club, because they are mostly a bunch of old geezer sandbaggers and I have no fun playing from the white tees all of the time.  That will free up some cash for more golfing trips and competitions (even though I suck).  I'll abstain from voting on anything but when date/course is set I'll check availability.

What do you mean, if there is room?  There's no limit!  You're in!!!!!!!

 

You know the password, right??b2_tongue.gif

post #36 of 432
I'm down for the date that most people can attend...

June is good if that's the consensus.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion