or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 5

Poll Results: What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

 
  • 7% (1)
    Los Angeles
  • 28% (4)
    Orange County
  • 50% (7)
    Inland Empire
  • 14% (2)
    San Diego
  • 0% (0)
    Other...
14 Total Votes  
post #73 of 432

Ok, so lets get this settled: Can someone PLEASE get in touch with the courses highlighted so far (CM, Talega) and see if/when we can get a deal on a group. Also, we should try to get a headcount to help with getting a deal ....If there are other course suggestions, speak now!

 

I know I was in for the 30th, and 99% sure I can do the 23rd, so count me in for either.

post #74 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post

Ok, so lets get this settled: Can someone PLEASE get in touch with the courses highlighted so far (CM, Talega) and see if/when we can get a deal on a group. Also, we should try to get a headcount to help with getting a deal ....If there are other course suggestions, speak now!

 

I know I was in for the 30th, and 99% sure I can do the 23rd, so count me in for either.

 

Ok I'm in for the 23rd and if I don't hear anything from GD on his inquiry in the next couple days, I'll just email Talega.

post #75 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Ok I'm in for the 23rd and if I don't hear anything from GD on his inquiry in the next couple days, I'll just email Talega.

Yeah, I have an email into them (I don't have the PGA member pull that Mike has ;)) and will post here as soon as I hear anything back from them.  If they are booked or too expensive, and Costa Mesa is not desirable, then some other options are ....

 

Mile Square

Arroyo Trabuco

Crossings at Carlsbad

Encinitas Ranch

 

Anybody else have other ideas???

 

EDIT:  Oh, and because I figure that it doesn't hurt to just ask, I have also sent an email inquiry into Arroyo Trabuco and Tijeras Creek.

post #76 of 432

23rd works for me.

post #77 of 432
Looks like nobody has said no to the 23rd. So can we call that the official day while we figure out what course works for us?
post #78 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Yeah, I have an email into them (I don't have the PGA member pull that Mike has ;)) and will post here as soon as I hear anything back from them.  If they are booked or too expensive, and Costa Mesa is not desirable, then some other options are ....

 

Mile Square

Arroyo Trabuco

Crossings at Carlsbad

Encinitas Ranch

 

Anybody else have other ideas???

 

EDIT:  Oh, and because I figure that it doesn't hurt to just ask, I have also sent an email inquiry into Arroyo Trabuco and Tijeras Creek.

 

Ha, I believe I played Encinitas Ranch before (the only course I've played in SoCal), and The Crossings is right around the corner from my company's corporate office.  I stayed in the hotel across the street from it when I started my job training and thought the course looked nice.

 

I vote for whichever course I can hit more drivers on.

post #79 of 432
The Crossings is one feisty bitch w electricity poles and elevation changes

Other suggestions?
post #80 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

The Crossings is one feisty bitch w electricity poles and elevation changes

Other suggestions?

Two suggestions to be torn apart: Pelican (too spensive!) and Shorecliffs (blech!)

 

Wishing Aliso Creek was 18....That course is a lot of fun!

post #81 of 432
El dorado
San Juan hills
Black Gold

I still like Talega even if its a couple bucks more, I think it's worth it. Industry hills was suggested earlier too (More expensive than Talega).
post #82 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

Ha, I believe I played Encinitas Ranch before (the only course I've played in SoCal), and The Crossings is right around the corner from my company's corporate office.  I stayed in the hotel across the street from it when I started my job training and thought the course looked nice.

 

I vote for whichever course I can hit more drivers on.

 

Out of those two I'd vote for Encinitas Ranch, more user friendly and will definitely be less expensive.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Yeah, I have an email into them (I don't have the PGA member pull that Mike has ;)) and will post here as soon as I hear anything back from them.  If they are booked or too expensive, and Costa Mesa is not desirable, then some other options are ....

 

Yeah no PGA membership here, (that's Erik), just gotta talk about how much exposure the course can get being mentioned on a site with 650,00 unique visitors a month.

post #83 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Yeah no PGA membership here, (that's Erik), just gotta talk about how much exposure the course can get being mentioned on a site with 650,00 unique visitors a month.

post #84 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoh View Post

Looks like nobody has said no to the 23rd. So can we call that the official day while we figure out what course works for us?

Agreed.  We need to do the 23rd.  Lets roll with that if possible.

 

I'm checking with CM.  I'll let you know as soon as I get a price for us.  I'm going with three foursomes for now.... So 12 guys.  We can increase or decrease once we get a firm headcount.  I'll report back soon.

post #85 of 432
We should get some price checks from other courses for more options.
post #86 of 432

I vote for the date & course that causes the most stress & problems for BeachComber so that I can beat his 5 handicap brains in.

post #87 of 432

Black Gold in Yorba Linda is a nice 27 hole course, I have played there several times.  It might be a good option.

 

I'm glad it's the 23rd now as I am going to be out of town on the 30th.

 

Lurking...waiting for the final call.

 

Brad

post #88 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I vote for the date & course that causes the most stress & problems for BeachComber so that I can beat his 5 handicap brains in.

i like your style!  Dont worry, beach's HC is 6 and rising!  Its easy to beat him cuz he cant putt!  Schooled him this past saturday by 6 strokes.

 

 

...and black Gold is only 18 holes, not 27.

post #89 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I vote for the date & course that causes the most stress & problems for BeachComber so that I can beat his 5 handicap brains in.

Shouldn't be hard ... like Pakoh says, he can't putt!  Beach "Carl Peterson" Comber .... cuz he needs a broomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoh View Post

i like your style!  Dont worry, beach's HC is 6 and rising!  Its easy to beat him cuz he cant putt!  Schooled him this past saturday by 6 strokes.

 

 

...and black Gold is only 18 holes, not 27.

I also sent a tournament request form to Black Gold just now too.

post #90 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakoh View Post

 

...and black Gold is only 18 holes, not 27.

 

You are right, I was thinking of Moorpark CC for some reason.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion