or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion - Page 6

Poll Results: What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

 
  • 7% (1)
    Los Angeles
  • 28% (4)
    Orange County
  • 50% (7)
    Inland Empire
  • 14% (2)
    San Diego
  • 0% (0)
    Other...
14 Total Votes  
post #91 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I vote for the date & course that causes the most stress & problems for BeachComber so that I can beat his 5 handicap brains in.

Wow.  Another bounty killer coming after me?!  PS.  Handicap is now a 6!!! LOL  Ffffffffffff....!!!

post #92 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoh View Post

i like your style!  Dont worry, beach's HC is 6 and rising!  Its easy to beat him cuz he cant putt!  Schooled him this past saturday by 6 strokes.

 

 

This kid acts like he won the Super Bowl!! LOL  Pakio how many times have I waxed you on the course?  I think you have amnesia?  

post #93 of 432

Hi guys,

 

I'd like to join in if not too late....

 

I'm a tournament coordinator for my company and had contact Black gold before....the rate was $90/ player.

It's same price for Talega as well....

 

But these rates are from last year so they might have changed it....

 

Regards,
 

post #94 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtapitin View Post

Hi guys,

 

I'd like to join in if not too late....

 

I'm a tournament coordinator for my company and had contact Black gold before....the rate was $90/ player.

It's same price for Talega as well....

 

But these rates are from last year so they might have changed it....

 

Regards,
 

Not to late at all. We'd love to have you join us.

 

For me, I think $90/player would probably be ok but I'd say nothing more pricey than that. Not sure how others feel.

post #95 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Not to late at all. We'd love to have you join us.

 

For me, I think $90/player would probably be ok but I'd say nothing more pricey than that. Not sure how others feel.

Agreed on both points. If we're playing a 5* course, I have no problem paying for it....

post #96 of 432

I'm fine with that price.  I'm already traveling so it's going to be pricey for me regardless a1_smile.gif

post #97 of 432
Thread Starter 
I'll get prices for CM tomorrow. Will be cheap.
post #98 of 432

Trying to figure out a tentative headcount for the 23rd.  Just based on people who have posted in here and shown interest, here's what I have so far:

 

1.  Hacker101

2.  jefkve

3.  Tristan

4.  mvmac

5.  Beachcomber

6.  golfingdad

7.  Pakoh

8.  golfswine

9.  bplewis

10. mr. desmond

11. bmartin461

12. justatapin

 

Who am I missing?  Also, anybody bringing +1's?

 

I got a response from http://arroyotrabuco.com/ and they are $89 per person.  That course, in my opinion, is not nice enough, or in nice enough condition, to be worth that price, so I'd vote no, but anybody feel free to over-ride.

 

Playing phone tag with Talega right now, but should know something today.

post #99 of 432

I need to know course location before I know if I would bring a +1.

post #100 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I need to know course location before I know if I would bring a +1.

This. Could possibly be a +2 if right course/price...Will confirm once we know where we're playing....

post #101 of 432

I might be +1. I'm playing today with my buddy who was trying to make the last one but didn't... I'll see if he is interested.

post #102 of 432

hacker101 +1

post #103 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I need to know course location before I know if I would bring a +1.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post

This. Could possibly be a +2 if right course/price...Will confirm once we know where we're playing....

What are your criteria for "right course/price?"  I mean, personally, I'd rather play where we'd get the biggest and best group, so if that means a course like Costa Mesa or Mile Square (I think Mile Square is great but it is a muni, so it will be cheaper) then I'd much rather do that, than go for a nicer, resort course like Talega and only get 10 people or something.

 

This is a democracy!  Everybody's opinion is equal!  (Except Beachcomber's ... his is only worth about 1/2) b2_tongue.gif

post #104 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

What are your criteria for "right course/price?"  I mean, personally, I'd rather play where we'd get the biggest and best group, so if that means a course like Costa Mesa or Mile Square (I think Mile Square is great but it is a muni, so it will be cheaper) then I'd much rather do that, than go for a nicer, resort course like Talega and only get 10 people or something.

Honestly, I'm not sure....I have a few friends who might be interested, but I dont know what their criteria is....

post #105 of 432

I don't care about price.  Price is absolute, I care mostly about value.  I'll pay $80-90 if the course is worth it.  I'm relying on you locals to make the value determination.  My +1 is based on location.  I'm either going to stay in a hotel or try and find a buddy or family member to stay with, and the only person I would stay with who plays golf is in the Carlsbad area.

 

I'm not trying to steer you guys any direction as I don't have a preference of course.  I just want it to be nice.  I don't want to come down there to play a course that looks like the average Sacramento muni.  I don't care how handsome and funny you all think you are, I want the course to entertain me!

post #106 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I don't care about price.  Price is absolute, I care mostly about value.  I'll pay $80-90 if the course is worth it.  I'm relying on you locals to make the value determination.  My +1 is based on location.  I'm either going to stay in a hotel or try and find a buddy or family member to stay with, and the only person I would stay with who plays golf is in the Carlsbad area.

 

I'm not trying to steer you guys any direction as I don't have a preference of course.  I just want it to be nice.  I don't want to come down there to play a course that looks like the average Sacramento muni.  I don't care how handsome and funny you all think you are, I want the course to entertain me!

Think?  Think?!?!??!  I don't think ... I know. ;)

post #107 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

I'm not trying to steer you guys any direction as I don't have a preference of course.  I just want it to be nice.  I don't want to come down there to play a course that looks like the average Sacramento muni.  I don't care how handsome and funny you all think you are, I want the course to entertain me!

 

Tell Beachcomber your not interested in Costa Mesa!

post #108 of 432
Thread Starter 

I have a call into Brad at Costa Mesa to see if we can get 16 spots reserved for June 23rd.  The price is $47 to walk 18.  Or $59 with a cart.  Probably one of the cheaper places for the quality of course.  The greens are running pretty smooth, and the conditions look nice and green.  But this is a muni - it's not going to wow you by any means.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion