or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Jakester23)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Jakester23) - Page 4

post #55 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

I find it helps to "feel" like I'm tilting towards the target starting around A2.7 or so, seems to counteract the sway which for me can start to creep in around A3 if I don't monitor it. Video shows that I'm not actually doing that, but staying centered.
Do you mean sway towards your back foot?
post #56 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post


Do you mean sway towards your back foot?

Yeah, basically if I don't stretch the right side (which I tend to feel as tilting towards the target) my head and upper body will translate off the ball in the last portion of my backswing. As long as I feel a bit of tilting I can usually stay within the acceptable parameters.

post #57 of 280
Thread Starter 
Thats what I do. I tilt towards my back foot especially with long irons and woods. Ill give that a try.
post #58 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Thats what I do. I tilt towards my back foot especially with long irons and woods. Ill give that a try.

So make a conscious effort to tilt the opposite way. You may need to really exaggerate the feel at first. Work with a mirror so you can get a feel for how much you need to feel to get you in the right position at A4.

post #59 of 280
Thread Starter 
Cool thanks. At first I was having the feeling of leaning towards the ball because I was going up at takeaway. Once I addresses that Mike showed me how much I was going back.
post #60 of 280
Thread Starter 
I went to the range yesterday and was working on key 1 and it was going well.I noticed that my ball flight was lower. I was wondering if its normal for my trajectory to be lower if I'm staying more over the ball? All the irons I hit well (driver also) seemed to have a lower ball flight
post #61 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I went to the range yesterday and was working on key 1 and it was going well.I noticed that my ball flight was lower. I was wondering if its normal for my trajectory to be lower if I'm staying more over the ball? All the irons I hit well (driver also) seemed to have a lower ball flight

 

Possibly, you should still be hitting it "high enough". Not knock down trajectory shots. If you are, head could be going too far forward on the downswing.

post #62 of 280
Thread Starter 
Its not like a knockdown. I'd say basically 1 club lower so. My 6 looks like my 5 used to. I also should say I used to hit the ball higher than everyone I play with.
post #63 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Its not like a knockdown. I'd say basically 1 club lower so. My 6 looks like my 5 used to. I also should say I used to hit the ball higher than everyone I play with.

 

Yeah that was going to be my next question ;-) 

 

Then it makes sense that you might be hitting it a little lower. Post a video when you can.

post #64 of 280
Thread Starter 
Its going to be in the low 20's again for a few days but I'll do when I can get some swings in.
post #65 of 280
Thread Starter 
I've been working hard on key 1 and I feel like I have improved a lot. I was at the range twice this week and I keep hitting pull draws or just pulls. Is there a feel I should have at impact to keep the face open or at least square?
post #66 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I've been working hard on key 1 and I feel like I have improved a lot. I was at the range twice this week and I keep hitting pull draws or just pulls. Is there a feel I should have at impact to keep the face open or at least square?

 

Feels vary from player to player. Post a video if you can. Just a guess, could be the left shoulder raising too soon on the downswing, head "tips" back a little. Causes the pivot to stall, not opening up enough with the hips, toe "closes" faster.

 

It could even be as simple as you need to aim a little more right ;-)

post #67 of 280
Thread Starter 
Ill try to get a video up soon. I've been at a range where I can only get a down the line view. Its been to cold to hit outside (flipping Wisconsin). Ill try aiming right first since I'm probably stuck at the indoor range another few weeks.
post #68 of 280
Thread Starter 

Really working on Key #1.  I only took a few swings Its 39 degrees but I got a tripod and 32g memory card for my wife's camera so I had to give it a try.  It looks a lot better than the older videos. I want to get analyzr student and play around with that but Im happy it looks better than the end of last year.

post #69 of 280
That does look much better. Nice work!
post #70 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

That does look much better. Nice work!

Thank you sir.  Im sure there is other things to work on.  I wanted to get Key #1 down before I worried about anything else. If there is anything else you see feel free to let me know.

post #71 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

That does look much better. Nice work!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post
 

Thank you sir.  Im sure there is other things to work on.  I wanted to get Key #1 down before I worried about anything else. If there is anything else you see feel free to let me know.

I'm no Pro, but I agree, that looks a ton better than your last FO vids where your head was really drifting back. Good work!!!

post #72 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


I'm no Pro, but I agree, that looks a ton better than your last FO vids where your head was really drifting back. Good work!!!
Thanks I have a long way to go to look as good as you but I'm working on it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Jakester23)