or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › I hate getting paired up with "that guy"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I hate getting paired up with "that guy" - Page 9

post #145 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by march11934 View Post
 

Just spent the past 45 minutes reading people's opinions on this topic. I have had a few people ask me my opinion at the driving range about various swing issues but I will certainly be keeping my opinions to myself when on the course. Didn't know so many people felt that strongly about not getting advice. Makes sense though. If someone doesn't ask, don't offer, not matter how bad they suck. 2 cents...


I don't mind getting advice, but giving it is another thing.

post #146 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by march11934 View Post
 

Just spent the past 45 minutes reading people's opinions on this topic. I have had a few people ask me my opinion at the driving range about various swing issues but I will certainly be keeping my opinions to myself when on the course. Didn't know so many people felt that strongly about not getting advice. Makes sense though. If someone doesn't ask, don't offer, not matter how bad they suck. 2 cents...

 

 

Then again, how do you know IF your getting good advice, or bad advice..?  IMHO it's best to keep to yourself. If a person wants to improve, they will seek out some help.

post #147 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

 

Then again, how do you know IF your getting good advice, or bad advice..?  IMHO it's best to keep to yourself. If a person wants to improve, they will seek out some help.

Very true...

post #148 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 
  IMHO it's best to keep to yourself. If a person wants to improve, they will seek out some help.

 

Indeed - I had a revelation this year ... I wanted to help this guy so bad, but he was obviously ok with his gawdawful slice (he consistently aimed 50yards left off the tee allowing for it to curve back into play).    Some people aren't as avid as we are & apparently don't really care about playing the game "correctly" or to the level that we strive to.    And that's ok, but hard for many of us (OK, me)  to come to grips with...

post #149 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post

Quote:
  IMHO it's best to keep to yourself. If a person wants to improve, they will seek out some help.

Indeed - I had a revelation this year ... I wanted to help this guy so bad, but he was obviously ok with his gawdawful slice (he consistently aimed 50yards left off the tee allowing for it to curve back into play).    Some people aren't as avid as we are & apparently don't really care about playing the game "correctly" or to the level that we strive to.    And that's ok, but hard for many of us (OK, me)  to come to grips with...
Someday, he'll be at a dogleg right par 4 where that slice would have been an asset, but he would not be able to do it anymore because you "fixed" it. Instead of finding the fairway he goes straight long and into a lake. a3_biggrin.gif
post #150 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


Someday, he'll be at a dogleg right par 4 where that slice would have been an asset, but he would not be able to do it anymore because you "fixed" it. Instead of finding the fairway he goes straight long and into a lake. a3_biggrin.gif

funny and true ;-)

post #151 of 158

whenever paired up with "that guy" i find that one nasty/mean comment to them shuts them up for the round or they quit after a few holes cause i dont talk to them at all. its really pretty simple.

post #152 of 158
'I'm amazed at how well you scoot the ball around the course with that hitch, how long have you been playing with? have you ever considered trying to patent it?' A couple of my favorite lines ... One of them usually works lol
Anyone else have some good 'shut the f@&$ up' lines they would like to share? This should be good a2_wink.gif
post #153 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack2putt View Post

'I'm amazed at how well you scoot the ball around the course with that hitch, how long have you been playing with? have you ever considered trying to patent it?' A couple of my favorite lines ... One of them usually works lol
Anyone else have some good 'shut the f@&$ up' lines they would like to share? This should be good a2_wink.gif


The timing has to be right but I heard someone say "your standing too close to the ball after you hit it".

post #154 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopster View Post


The timing has to be right but I heard someone say "your standing too close to the ball after you hit it".
Lol brilliant
post #155 of 158

How about giving a distance reading out loud with a laser after he makes his shot? :loco:

post #156 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

How about giving a distance reading out loud with a laser after he makes his shot? :loco:

or "your tee shot MUST have plugged" 

post #157 of 158

Ask him if he always fades the ball after hitting a 60 yard slice into the trees. 

post #158 of 158

'Mr. Havacamp, YOUR BALL'S OVER HERE!' I only use it on my closest friends )

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › I hate getting paired up with "that guy"