or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread - Page 10

post #163 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post


Oompa-loompa would easily kick you and your 11-HCP ass even if he gave you a stroke a hole.

Good luck to him - don't think he'll shoot well under the pressure, but props to him for getting this far.

Yes, but you forget that I'm 6'4", muscled, and good looking. So there!
post #164 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Yes, but you forget that I'm 6'4", muscled, and good looking. So there!

I'm 5'10", arthritic, and pudgy. Crud...... a4_sad.gif
post #165 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Yes, but you forget that I'm 6'4", muscled, and good looking. So there!

Total truth. Colin's a hunk of burnin' love. Although that medicated cream I lent him might ease the burning a bit :-p
post #166 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post


It's been asked before and you still haven't answered, have you seen the split screen of them both? If you have and you're still yapping, it's because you're just a Tiger hater and facts don't enter into your thought process. If you haven't seen it, then you're just talking out of your ass.

My half a whack job brother in law falls into the Tiger hater society. The typical Tiger hater shoots from the hip and never lets a few facts get in the way of a good story. MSALEMA80 fits into that category. Looking at yesterdays split screen simultaneous camera confirms this. It was clear that the crowd eruption started while Sergio was just settling into his address. He had plenty of time to back off and regroup. My brother in law only sees the part of the crowd making noise while Sergio was hitting even though it was clear the crowd was making noise while Sergio was settling in. The truth hurts!

post #167 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post

Yes he maybe cranky, but hey have you seen Spain's economy?! 26% unemployment !! Yeah I would be cranky too!
post #168 of 510
They should send Sergio to one of the drought stricken areas of the third world, then he could cry them a river.
post #169 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

They should send Sergio to one of the drought stricken areas of the third world, then he could cry them a river.

I'm literally picturing that in my head and laughing to myself... Sergio crying into a dry river bed as little kids with distended bellies run laughing thru his tears...
post #170 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

I'm literally picturing that in my head and laughing to myself... Sergio crying into a dry river bed as little kids with distended bellies run laughing thru his tears...

Haha, and then they build a giant stone idol in his image and create a new religion. And everyone wanders around in Adidas gear, scowling at each other and moping at the breakfast table.

And a thousand years from now there will heated arguments about religion every time a third world golfer thanks Sergio for helping him win.
post #171 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Total truth. Colin's a hunk of burnin' love. Although that medicated cream I lent him might ease the burning a bit :-p

And failing that, there's always penicillin! b2_tongue.gif
post #172 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

If Tiger was further back, why did Garcia hit out of turn?

 

The golf channel diagram had Sergio away by just about 2 yards.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsalmela80 View Post


There is no real knowing what happened, but its possible Tiger tried to screw up Sergio, not for sure, but its possible.

 

Actually it's not possible.  They showed the split-screen in real time last night and diagrammed the whole situation out.  But what is and isn't possible doesn't really matter to a butt-hurt, self-righteous, hater who never lets facts or proof get in the way.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by club ho View Post

The typical Tiger hater shoots from the hip and never lets a few facts get in the way of a good story. MSALEMA80 fits into that category. 

 

'Nuff said.

 

So, the only question left is: who is going to fold under pressure more today?  The guy who's never been here before (Lingmerth), or the guy who typically folds under pressure (albeit usually in majors: Sergio)?  And they're playing together!

post #173 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

So, the only question left is: who is going to fold under pressure more today?  The guy who's never been here before (Lingmerth), or the guy who typically folds under pressure (albeit usually in majors: Sergio)?  And they're playing together!

With Tiger playing in front of them they are both going to fold if he plays half way decent.  Tiger will have the largest gallery, they will hear every time he birdies and that will drive Sergio nuts. 

 

I don't know anything but what I saw and heard yesterday about Lingmerth but he's got to be nervous and having to watch Sergio self destruct is not going to help him keep his cool.  

post #174 of 510

Missed this yesterday.  Did anyone catch Lee Westwood's tree aided whiff?!

 

post #175 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Missed this yesterday.  Did anyone catch Lee Westwood's tree aided whiff?!

 

I didn't see it but heard the announcers talking about him hurting his wrist or hand.  That looked like it hurt, his wrist and his ego. 

post #176 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post

Tournament officials just screwed up on the final round pairings. Garcia and Woods finished tied. Woods shot a lower round and finished before Garcia on 18, but they're putting Sergio in the final group. First in, last out? Apparently not.

I didn't see this mornings TV coverage...are you positive that Tiger finished before Garcia?  Garcia did have the honors on 18, but I still thought the final pairings were based on who holed out first (going out later).  

post #177 of 510

Read about it.  Thanks for posting.  I hope he didn't hurt himself.

post #178 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEfree View Post

I didn't see this mornings TV coverage...are you positive that Tiger finished before Garcia?  Garcia did have the honors on 18, but I still thought the final pairings were based on who holed out first (going out later).  

 


I am positive. Tiger tapped in a 1 footer for par and Garcia had marked his 4 footer for par, then made it after Tiger tapped in. However, apparently the rule is in the event of a tiebreak, whoever had the honor at the beginning of the ROUND ends up in the final group. Sergio had the honor because he started with a 1 shot lead.

post #179 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEfree View Post

I didn't see this mornings TV coverage...are you positive that Tiger finished before Garcia?  Garcia did have the honors on 18, but I still thought the final pairings were based on who holed out first (going out later).  

If Garcia had honors and Tiger holed out first then Tiger should be in the final pairing unless Tiger cleaned up his putt out of turn in which case Garcia would get the final pairing.  At least that's how I understand it. 

 

EDIT:

Posted this before I saw Dr. Manhattan, he's correct. 

post #180 of 510
Had to hurt, catching the tree on the downswing.....!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread