or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Rocco Mediate's story about Tiger Woods.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rocco Mediate's story about Tiger Woods. - Page 3

post #37 of 110

Tiger has to have a strict itinerary, one that a regular tour player can't really grasp. Like I said before, there has to be more to the story. It almost seems that Rocco came off a little star struck. He certainly looked that way in the 08 footage in the play-off round. 

post #38 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by minitour View Post

One professional athlete asked another one for an autograph for personal and not charity reasons?

Wth?! Maybe Miller was right. Maybe Rocco should be cleaning pools. I have a hard enough time asking for an autograph now (and haven't since I was a kid). Let alone if I was on that same level. Guess I just don't put these guys on the pedestal that others do.

Just seems weird is all.

And what did he want him to write? He signed it...and then Rocco threw it away...kind of cutting your nose off to spiderface (anybody?).

 

 

To spite your face.... Not Spiderface

post #39 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by minitour View Post

One professional athlete asked another one for an autograph for personal and not charity reasons?

Wth?! Maybe Miller was right. Maybe Rocco should be cleaning pools. I have a hard enough time asking for an autograph now (and haven't since I was a kid). Let alone if I was on that same level. Guess I just don't put these guys on the pedestal that others do.

Just seems weird is all.

And what did he want him to write? He signed it...and then Rocco threw it away...kind of cutting your nose off to spiderface (anybody?).


Spiderface, spiderface does whatever a spider can.....lol The really funny part is that this is probably an "auto correct" and I have to wonder why it would be saved....

post #40 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


Spiderface, spiderface does whatever a spider can.....lol The really funny part is that this is probably an "auto correct" and I have to wonder why it would be saved....

Tried it on my iPhone and it keeps auto-correcting as spiderpunch. b3_huh.gif

post #41 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Tried it on my iPhone and it keeps auto-correcting as spiderpunch. b3_huh.gif

Not to be confused with the near-mythical and elusive Donkey Punch...
post #42 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Tried it on my iPhone and it keeps auto-correcting as spiderpunch. b3_huh.gif

LOL!  I just did the experiment and when I get all the letters in, all it wants to do is add a space ("spider face") but when I'm at spiderfac, it's wants to correct to "spider fax."  wtf is a spider fax?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


Not to be confused with the near-mythical and elusive Donkey Punch...

LOL!  That used to be the name of my friends fantasy football team.  (We were the Angry Dragons) b2_tongue.gif

post #43 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchott View Post

I'm more disappointed in Rocco than Tiger. First of all, if he has a beef with another player, he should keep it to himself. I expected better from a guy know n for being personable and friendly. Second, his attitude towards what Tiger did was childish.
 
Agreed. IIRC when Tiger was interviewed after The Open, he had nothing but good things to say about Rocco, talking about how he was a good guy and everybody on tour liked Rocco. Just sounds like sour grapes coming from Rocco because Tiger didn't write him a love note.
post #44 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Tried it on my iPhone and it keeps auto-correcting as spiderpunch. b3_huh.gif
LOL!  I just did the experiment and when I get all the letters in, all it wants to do is add a space ("spider face") but when I'm at spiderfac, it's wants to correct to "spider fax."  wtf is a spider fax?
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Not to be confused with the near-mythical and elusive Donkey Punch...
LOL!  That used to be the name of my friends fantasy football team.  (We were the Angry Dragons) b2_tongue.gif
gotta be typing "spiteyour" if that was what he meant
post #45 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

You're saying Rocco wrote a book where he overtly admitted to this?  Or was it more like something he hinted at?

 

It was in the book he did with Feinstein called You've Got to Be Kidding Me.  Let's see, he was living with his back therapist in a hotel during the 2008 US Open while still married.  Seems like a pretty broad hint to me.  Subsequently he divorced his wife and married the back therapist.  

 

Which brings up an interesting question, which is worse?  Repeatedly betraying your wife on a purely physical level as Tiger did, or betraying your wife on both a physical and emotional level as Rocco did?  

 

Neither of them have clean hands, but Tiger is excoriated and Rocco is Everyman.  That is about as blatant a double standard as one could think of.

post #46 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocG10 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitour View Post

One professional athlete asked another one for an autograph for personal and not charity reasons?

Wth?! Maybe Miller was right. Maybe Rocco should be cleaning pools. I have a hard enough time asking for an autograph now (and haven't since I was a kid). Let alone if I was on that same level. Guess I just don't put these guys on the pedestal that others do.

Just seems weird is all.

And what did he want him to write? He signed it...and then Rocco threw it away...kind of cutting your nose off to spiderface (anybody?).

 

 

To spite your face.... Not Spiderface

 

I know.  I was referencing http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100410121930AA2ZJ40 .... (Hence the "(anybody?)".)

 

You guys need to do something other than golf every now and then.

post #47 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by minitour View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocG10 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitour View Post

One professional athlete asked another one for an autograph for personal and not charity reasons?


Wth?! Maybe Miller was right. Maybe Rocco should be cleaning pools. I have a hard enough time asking for an autograph now (and haven't since I was a kid). Let alone if I was on that same level. Guess I just don't put these guys on the pedestal that others do.


Just seems weird is all.


And what did he want him to write? He signed it...and then Rocco threw it away...kind of cutting your nose off to spiderface (anybody?).


To spite your face.... Not Spiderface

I know.  I was referencing http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100410121930AA2ZJ40 .... (Hence the "(anybody?)".)

You guys need to do something other than golf every now and then.

Haha, is there something else besides Golf? I have never watched the show.
post #48 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


Spiderface, spiderface does whatever a spider can.....lol The really funny part is that this is probably an "auto correct" and I have to wonder why it would be saved....

 

post #49 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by minitour View Post

 

I know.  I was referencing http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100410121930AA2ZJ40 .... (Hence the "(anybody?)".)

 

You guys need to do something other than golf every now and then.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


Haha, is there something else besides Golf? I have never watched the show.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


Haha, is there something else besides Golf? I have never watched the show.

Is it a show about golf? Huh? What? I don't get it....

post #50 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post

 

It was in the book he did with Feinstein called You've Got to Be Kidding Me.  Let's see, he was living with his back therapist in a hotel during the 2008 US Open while still married.  Seems like a pretty broad hint to me.  Subsequently he divorced his wife and married the back therapist.  

 

Which brings up an interesting question, which is worse?  Repeatedly betraying your wife on a purely physical level as Tiger did, or betraying your wife on both a physical and emotional level as Rocco did?  

 

Neither of them have clean hands, but Tiger is excoriated and Rocco is Everyman.  That is about as blatant a double standard as one could think of.

 

You're right.  Thanks for the explanation.

post #51 of 110

The whole autograph thing seems weird to me unless it's for a kid. As far as another pro asking for an autograph, I don't know how often that happens in sports but it doesn't seem like a classy thing to do. Maybe it's acceptable behavior between pros. 

 

I don't enjoy watching Tiger Woods play golf because I think he's got a great personality or he's some great guy who would be friendly with me if we sat next to one another on a plane. At least he seems to be real - not that phony "I'm a nice guy who loves my fans and opponents" persona (I used to think O.J. Simpson was a nice guy). I know athletes make the money they do because of the fans, but can you imagine trying to do your job and having to deal with what he deals with?

 

The St. Louis Cardinals and Mets used to hold Spring training in my hometown when I was younger and they would often come into the restaurant where I worked. Ozzie Smith was genuinely nice to everyone, he always smiled, signed autographs, shook hands, etc. But most of the players seemed put-off by people coming up to them. I started to understand why, seeing it as often as I did. You're out to dinner with your wife or girlfriend, trying to carry on a conversation and people keep interrupting. Again, no-one's pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to be admired by fans, but it's got to get old.

post #52 of 110

Perhaps Tiger didn't want to write the truth, that he beat Rocco one-legged. I think Rocco would have thrown that card away too.

post #53 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Knobel View Post

Perhaps Tiger didn't want to write the truth, that he beat Rocco one-legged. I think Rocco would have thrown that card away too.

 

lol.  Now that would have been a story worth telling:

 

"So I leave a note asking Tiger for an autograph and an inscription."

 

-Did he do it?

 

"Yes, he put it back in my locker later that day."

 

-What did the inscription say?

 

"It said, 'you're the best guy I ever beat while playing with one good leg.'  I wanted to punch the sunuvab***h"

post #54 of 110

I'm not surprised, but also don't really care too much.  Isn't it clear to everyone by now that Tiger's a bit of an ass?  And that's his prerogative - as pointed out, many other Hall of Fame golfers weren't particularly nice guys.  For me, I accept that Tiger is the best golfer ever, but I'm still usually rooting against him.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Rocco Mediate's story about Tiger Woods.