or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Golf Skate Caddy

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

This is either a brilliant idea or ... not. But trust the Aussies to be the ones to come up with it. Doomed in the US I would think due to 110 kg (242 lb) weight limit. a2_wink.gif

 

 

http://www.golfskatecaddy.com.au

post #2 of 14

I'll be honest. That looks like fun. But I'd rather walk. 

 

I also see the usual issues of  golf carts and alcohol being compounded with golf skates: "HEY, hold my beer and watch me jump this bunker like that guy on the X-games." 

post #3 of 14

I want one.  If it could last 2 rounds in a day I would own it if they sold them in the states.  I'm sure courses would not like them since they cant charge for a cart and get more of your money.

post #4 of 14

There's a distinct lack of sidehill and relatively steep up- and down-hill traversals in that promo footage. a3_biggrin.gif

post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

There's a distinct lack of sidehill and relatively steep up- and down-hill traversals in that promo footage. a3_biggrin.gif

 

Fairly narrow tires too.......I'm thinking that it would be a disaster on a wet course.  Looks to me like all the disadvantages of a normal golf cart, but none of the advantages.

post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

This is either a brilliant idea or ... not. But trust the Aussies to be the ones to come up with it. Doomed in the US I would think due to 110 kg (242 lb) weight limit. a2_wink.gif

 

Is that because of our penchant for fully loaded OEM staff bags? e2_whistling.gif

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourSpoon View Post

Is that because of our penchant for fully loaded OEM staff bags? e2_whistling.gif

I was going to comment on how it was hard for me to believe that more than 2% of golfers weigh more than 242 lbs. But I didn't factor in the weight of the golf bag itself. I'm 6'5" tall, 205 lbs. and figured I'd easily make it under the weight limit. But I'd guess my bag weighs 35-40 lbs when loaded, and may actually be cutting it close with the weight limit.
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourSpoon View Post

Is that because of our penchant for fully loaded OEM staff bags? e2_whistling.gif

 

I was going to comment on how it was hard for me to believe that more than 2% of golfers weigh more than 242 lbs. But I didn't factor in the weight of the golf bag itself. I'm 6'5" tall, 205 lbs. and figured I'd easily make it under the weight limit. But I'd guess my bag weighs 35-40 lbs when loaded, and may actually be cutting it close with the weight limit.

 

I still think he was calling us fata2_wink.gif

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 

Noooo. You're just a little husky!

 

Personally, I'm 235 in my undies -- so pencil bag for me ...

post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Noooo. You're just a little husky!

Personally, I'm 235 in my undies -- so pencil bag for me ...

Lol, that what the lady at SearsTown used to say, "I think the regulars are a little snug, he needs to be in the husky". Oh, the shame. b2_tongue.gif
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourSpoon View Post

Lol, that what the lady at SearsTown used to say, "I think the regulars are a little snug, he needs to be in the husky". Oh, the shame. b2_tongue.gif

Portly was another chestnut from the days of Sears and The Bay.
post #12 of 14

IMO, it would make being on the golf course feel too much like being in Walmart (anybody who's ever shopped at a Walmart knows exactly what I mean!) a3_biggrin.gif
 

post #13 of 14

Quick release battery and 30 second changeover means clubs can hire these out 2 x 18 hole games daily no worries or 1x18 + 1x9 hole straight out. At recent PGA show Florida GSC™ had over 200 enquires for sales most from golf clubs looking at implementing them for $20 rental per 18 holes. Yep there coming to a course near you soon.

post #14 of 14

Just replying back regarding tire size, new 10 inch tires and duel motors, you should check out Golf Skate caddy youtube page as those guys have tested up some steep hills with no problems. Also plenty of stats that show their 7.1 psi footprint and footmark on the course causes only 20% wear on grass surface compared to a single golf cart. Massive difference in course maintenance and well being. Plus the new 2014 models are spectacular, check out their website...easy to find

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home