or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › What's for dinner?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's for dinner? - Page 4

post #55 of 245
Haha, you think that's cute? Check out his first haircut last week, this will bring the system down!
post #56 of 245

Very calm considering a strange man with sharp scissors is standing by!  I love "Woody" and "Buzz" on the robe.

post #57 of 245

Homemade beanless chili topped with cheese. 


Add a dollop of sour cream. YUM!!!!!

post #58 of 245
Thread Starter 

Strained and pressed the hot sauce today, giving it a quick boil and simmer right now. So ****ing hot I can feel it searing between my teeth! Great colour and flavour. Got about a 3/4 cup of fiery orange liquid after pressing the pulp. Pretty happy with the results.

post #59 of 245

Rack of Lamb last night.  Barely med rare.

 

Nothing fancy with it.  Oven-roasted potatoes, haricot verts, and a simple green salad.  Add a nice Argentine Malbec and it doesn't get much better, or easier......

 

1000

post #60 of 245
Thread Starter 
God I love lamb. The wife hates it so I usually only get it in restaurants or on the Barbie if I'm doing a mixed grill. Love a good rack (tee hee) with some Dijon but my fave is braised lamb shank. I bet those haricot were nice and bacon-y a2_wink.gif
post #61 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

God I love lamb. The wife hates it so I usually only get it in restaurants or on the Barbie if I'm doing a mixed grill. Love a good rack (tee hee) with some Dijon but my fave is braised lamb shank. I bet those haricot were nice and bacon-y a2_wink.gif

 

Lamb shank is great..... just a little more labor intensive than the rack though.  If people really understood how easy some of this is, a lot of the mystique behind a lot of awfully good food would disappear.....

 

......and then where would we be?!  ;-)

post #62 of 245
Thread Starter 
Final verdict in the hot sauce:

Not as hot as I anticipated, I'll probably reduce the carrots next time. Great flavour, had it with a strip loin, perogies and arugula salad with avocado and garden fresh cherry tomatoes.

Definitely going to experiment some more with hot sauces.
post #63 of 245
Lamb is the best meat going! Closely followed by steak, then bacon!
I had lamb steaks last night, my friend works in an abattoir, he spoils me sometimes and were not even gay!
post #64 of 245
Thread Starter 

Don't forget Duck. Tasty, tasty, tasty.

post #65 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Don't forget Duck. Tasty, tasty, tasty.

 

Mmmmmmm, duck fat. 

 

The kid is gone on some kind of retreat thing this weekend......I may have to do a confit.  That may work out for me.......  ;-)

post #66 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Final verdict in the hot sauce:

Not as hot as I anticipated, I'll probably reduce the carrots next time. Great flavour, had it with a strip loin, perogies and arugula salad with avocado and garden fresh cherry tomatoes.

Definitely going to experiment some more with hot sauces.

 

Don't spill it or you will recreate that scene in Alien where the alien blood ate its way through the floor!

post #67 of 245

Been grilling a lot lately...just bought a new Weber. I'm thinking some herb marinated beef filet tonight with some asparagus. 

post #68 of 245

Lamb and duck are often overlooked.  Nothing better than duck roasted during the night that was flying that morning.  Man I miss Corpus Christi duck heaven.

post #69 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post
 

Lamb and duck are often overlooked.  Nothing better than duck roasted during the night that was flying that morning.  Man I miss Corpus Christi duck heaven.

 

During the holidays last year, my father and I went to our favorite flooded timber for a quick wood duck hunt.

 

 

We came back with 3 and decided on gumbo. So, we breasted them out and smoked them over hickory for about 3 hours.

 

 

 

 

After pulling all the meat off, we used the bones to make a stock.

 

 

Then it was gumbo making time. Final product: Smoked woodduck and andouille gumbo. 

 

post #70 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Don't forget Duck. Tasty, tasty, tasty.

Never been a fan of duck, but lamb ... mmmmmmmmmmm.
post #71 of 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post
 

 

During the holidays last year, my father and I went to our favorite flooded timber for a quick wood duck hunt.

 

 

We came back with 3 and decided on gumbo. So, we breasted them out and smoked them over hickory for about 3 hours.

 

 

 

 

After pulling all the meat off, we used the bones to make a stock.

 

 

Then it was gumbo making time. Final product: Smoked woodduck and andouille gumbo. 

 

 

That is awesome!!  Nothing like the fruits of your labor.

post #72 of 245

Tonight I made stuffed pork chops w/ cream of mushroom gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › What's for dinner?