or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread - Page 2

post #19 of 88

McIlroy really struggling so far (including a four-putt), doesn't look good for him. But he has always been streaky, so you never know.


Edited by Zwick - 5/30/13 at 12:17pm
post #20 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

In the rare event of an erection lasting more than 4 hours, seek immediate medical help to avoid long-term injury.

If I have a 4 hour erection it will be my wife in need of the medical attention.
post #21 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwick View Post

McIlroy relly struggling so far (including a four-putt), doesn't look good for him. But he has always been streaky, so you never know.

 

I thought he would have his game in order by the US Open, but now I doubt it.  Seems like he can put 1.5-2 good rounds together, but not 4.

post #22 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

I thought he would have his game in order by the US Open, but now I doubt it.  Seems like he can put 1.5-2 good rounds together, but not 4.

Missed cut last week and looks like he might miss this one too. WGR might have him at #2 but he's much further down in my rankings. 

post #23 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I thought he would have his game in order by the US Open, but now I doubt it.  Seems like he can put 1.5-2 good rounds together, but not 4.

I became a huge Rory fan after he came back from the famous Masters meltdown and won two majors and became #1 but man is he ever struggling. Every time it looks like he's poised to return to dominant form he takes another step back. Still pulling for him, just not with my wallet.
post #24 of 88

Schwartzel was a sneaky name before today, and he's playing well so far...

 

And I know he is only -1, but Bubba is in the Top 20.... Much better than he has been lately....

post #25 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremehubbard View Post

Schwartzel was a sneaky name before today, and he's playing well so far...

 

And I know he is only -1, but Bubba is in the Top 20.... Much better than he has been lately....

Went with Schwartzel in my fantasy picks. He's been playing great golf every week for about the last month or two now. 

 

Other picks were Tiger (of course), Lee Westwood, and Snedeker.

post #26 of 88
Chucky Schwartzel... Geez...
post #27 of 88
Quote:
Schwartzel said he changed his putter grip midway through the round and the putts "started pouring in."

 

Glad I'm not the only guy who randomly does that. b3_huh.gif

post #28 of 88

Keegan Bradley's distances off the tee is ridiculous. I've watched him hit 3-4 drives 350+. They have got to do something about these golf balls. 

post #29 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrew View Post

Keegan Bradley's distances off the tee is ridiculous. I've watched him hit 3-4 drives 350+. They have got to do something about these golf balls. 

Changing the golf ball will hurt the amateurs a lot more than the pros. And the ruling bodies have cleary stated that, they don't want two sets of rules.

post #30 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwick View Post

Changing the golf ball will hurt the amateurs a lot more than the pros. And the ruling bodies have cleary stated that, they don't want two sets of rules.

I suppose you're right. I didn't consider the amateur side of that. It just doesn't seem fair watching him hit it that far hahaha

post #31 of 88

I'm still thinking Kuchar is going to make a run to the top

post #32 of 88
Choi buys set of Mizuno MP-64 irons off rack for the memorial.
Quote:
In case you didn't know this, PGA Tour players can get pretty much any club they want for nothing by making a simple phone call.

K.J. Choi knows this as well as anyone... and that's not to say he's greedy by any means, because he's not. The fact is, Choi is a tinkerer.

In Ohio for this week's Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village, Choi paid a visit to a local Golf Galaxy where he tested several clubs in store before eventually purchasing a set of Mizuno MP-64 irons.

Craziness!

Just to give you an idea of how dialed in Choi and his fellow pros are, listen to this: As the story goes, while testing several types of irons from several manufacturers from the hitting bay, Choi explained to an employee at Golf Galaxy that the swing weight was off on every set of irons with the exception of the Mizuno's be bought.

The employee went and checked the weights and sure enough, Choi was right. The other sets ranged in weight from D2 through D4, while all the MP-64s came in at a consistent D2.

While we always recommend getting properly fit by your local PGA Professional, we suppose there are exceptions -- like when a person can simply grip a set of clubs and tell you the weights are inconsistent.

So how did Choi fare with the new irons? He shot a respectable even-par 72 in the first round.
post #33 of 88
Former Boise State golfer Graham Delaet, been playing well this year and he is getting closer to his first victory.
post #34 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Have you ever been to the Memorial Tournament before?

 

Nopee2_whistling.gif

 

That's not four separate links, either. And this picture isn't one I took with my own camera, nope. And that wasn't me walking down the middle of the fairways on the back nine yesterday with Grant Waite either.

 

 

Memorial 168 - Version 2.jpg

 

 

Also…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #35 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Nopee2_whistling.gif

That's not four separate links, either. And this picture isn't one I took with my own camera, nope. And that wasn't me walking down the middle of the fairways on the back nine yesterday with Grant Waite either.

You bastard...
post #36 of 88
Thread Starter 

Tiger won't be winning this week, and he'll want a good weekend to have that "confidence" going to Merion.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread