or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Rules of Golf › Following the Rules= A Good Way to Piss People Off
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Following the Rules= A Good Way to Piss People Off - Page 6

post #91 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

You admit that you cheat.

You are dishonest and you don't respect the game of golf because you want others to think you are better than you are by making up scores.

You say that you are "not a rules guy".

You say you "do what feels best".

You say you will post "any score I want".

Therefore - you are a cheat and a liar because there would be times when you claim a score that you haven't had.

Hardly the type of player that other golfers respect.

But...in car racing it's different.  Unbelievable.


wow you have some real built up bitter Aggression!. I do not make up score to make my self look better then others, i play the game that makes me feel better,nobody else. Again cheating only comes into play if I better my self aganinst someone else. You seem to lose that fact that I play only for my self. You go on believeing what you want and I will contenue playing the game,my game, they way I wan,t and at the end of the day thats all that matters. Now that is believable.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


Question: Well then why do you pay for the official handicap? If it's going to be inaccurate, and you're not going to play in tournaments, why not just use a spreadsheet and do the math yourself?


Because I wanted to.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

 

I have just one question for you then... why are bothering to read and post in a RULES forum?????  Discussions here generally revolve around legitimate questions or clarifications of the actual rules.  Since you state that the rules "will just piss you off", then why not just leave before we piss you off any more. 


no i did not say the rules piss me off(wrong quote). No, nobody here will piss me off. I love to talk golf,if no one likes my opinion or does!,  that's up to them,that's why Its called a opinion.

post #92 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmc View Post

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

 

I have just one question for you then... why are bothering to read and post in a RULES forum?????  Discussions here generally revolve around legitimate questions or clarifications of the actual rules.  Since you state that the rules "will just piss you off", then why not just leave before we piss you off any more. 


no i did not say the rules piss me off(wrong quote). No, nobody here will piss me off. I love to talk golf,if no one likes my opinion or does!,  that's up to them,that's why Its called a opinion.

 

Say what???  Here is your post:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmc View Post

Its golf not a car race you do what you feel is best!. I for one I am not a rule guy,way!!! from it LOL. I do not play for money(not even for a soda) i do not really play In tounerments and i don't play competive rounds with anyone so i will admit I Greatly fudge the rules, actually the rules for golf just will piss me off LOL.I belive you play the game the way you like it no matter what people say
 

 

Now, you want to try that again?

 

Don't get me wrong.  We love having new members.  I love nothing more than a spirited discussion, but there are some ground rules.  When you join a discussion in which you spurn the Rules of Golf, expect to get stomped.  You won't be alone.  But to come on as strong as you have in your first time on the rules forum is not conducive to a good working relationship with some of us who are long time members and are used to being stomped on occasionally.  

 

Welcome to the forum, but please think before you post.  c2_beer.gif

post #93 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

Say what???  Here is your post:

 

Now, you want to try that again?

 

Don't get me wrong.  We love having new members.  I love nothing more than a spirited discussion, but there are some ground rules.  When you join a discussion in which you spurn the Rules of Golf, expect to get stomped.  You won't be alone.  But to come on as strong as you have in your first time on the rules forum is not conducive to a good working relationship with some of us who are long time members and are used to being stomped on occasionally.  

 

Welcome to the forum, but please think before you post.

 

getting stomp?, I made my opinon,weather you all like it or not,its just a opinon. Maybe the long time members should have a more open mind?, and not so close off. I came on here to talk golf not getting so called "stomp on". I did not care what they thought of my comment,i respected there side,but to say i should just fold in because they have been here longer, no!. Don't worry i will leave you guys to your good old boys club, kind of like golf use to be,only open to one way of thinking!

post #94 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

Say what???  Here is your post:

 

 

 

 

Now, you want to try that again?

 

Don't get me wrong.  We love having new members.  I love nothing more than a spirited discussion, but there are some ground rules.  When you join a discussion in which you spurn the Rules of Golf, expect to get stomped.  You won't be alone.  But to come on as strong as you have in your first time on the rules forum is not conducive to a good working relationship with some of us who are long time members and are used to being stomped on occasionally.  

 

Welcome to the forum, but please think before you post.

getting stomp?, I made my opinon,weather you all like it or not,its just a opinon. Maybe the long time members should have a more open mind?, and not so close off. I came on here to talk golf not getting so called "stomp on". I did not care what they thought of my comment,i respected there side,but to say i should just fold in because they have been here longer, no!. Don't worry i will leave you guys to your good old boys club, kind of like golf use to be,only open to one way of thinking!

 

I thought that I made that a fairly friendly post, but if you choose to take it otherwise, that's your choice.  

post #95 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmc View Post


I do not make up score to make my self look better then others, i play the game that makes me feel better,nobody else. Again cheating only comes into play if I better my self aganinst someone else. You seem to lose that fact that I play only for my self. You go on believeing what you want and I will contenue playing the game,my game, they way I wan,t and at the end of the day thats all that matters. Now that is believable.

 

 

 

Gotta respect someone who makes up his own rules and thinks someone has a problem when they diss the attitude.

I'm going to enter Indianapolis and do 3 laps and call myself a winner.

Once you claim a handicap and start scoring my friend, you are competing even if you only play by yourself.

You are claiming a figure that is comparative.

My advice is to just play by the rules. 

Can't really think of a reason not to, other than to misrepresent oneself.

But, I guess, unless it's the noble art of car racing, anything goes, eh?

post #96 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmc View Post


a handicap that's mine!, i bought the right to post anything i want. 

 

Now, you've already gotten a lot of heat for this statement, but I find it necessary to call this out.  I believe this is factually incorrect.  I believe that you agree to some type of USGA rules/expectations that you only post legitimate rounds played under the rules of golf, subject to ESC adjustments.  You're saying that these things are just your opinion, but I believe posting scores for handicap purposes is a pretty objective thing.

 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe it's against the rules to post "anything [you] want," whether you paid for it or not.  Having said that, you can play the game however the heck you want to, but that's another discussion entirely.  Your handicap wouldn't be worth it's weight in the paper it's printed on.

post #97 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmc View Post


Being a Cheat!, like cheating in what?. What have I claim to cheat? a handicap?, a handicap that's mine!, i bought the right to post anything i want. Now If i go and post a score In a tounerment,useing my handicap then yes then you would have a argument,wich in turn sounds like what you really want anyways!. You go play your XXXX game anyway you want and i will do the same. I will post any score i want, and If you don't like it,well then you will just have to live with it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmc View Post

 

getting stomp?, I made my opinon,weather you all like it or not,its just a opinon. Maybe the long time members should have a more open mind?, and not so close off. I came on here to talk golf not getting so called "stomp on". I did not care what they thought of my comment,i respected there side,but to say i should just fold in because they have been here longer, no!. Don't worry i will leave you guys to your good old boys club, kind of like golf use to be,only open to one way of thinking!

 

And now it is pretty clear that you are a troll.  No one could come to a Rules forum, piss all over the rules and the people who have made this a valuable place to discuss the rules, and be acting in any kind of good faith.

post #98 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Sorry. I didn't know you could do that. What is the penalty when opting to do this? Are you hitting three from the tee? Is it the same result stroke-wise as taking a provisional?

I really need to get an easy to follow rules book.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

You can play under penalty of stroke and distance any time you choose to.   What you are essentially doing is declaring your original ball unplayable (the rules don't allow you to declare it "lost"), and taking the maximum penalty under Rule 28.  As soon as you play that second ball from the tee, or as soon as you drop a ball if played from anywhere else through the green, the original ball is abandoned and the substituted ball becomes the ball in play.

I started a thread several weeks ago on a scenario very similar to this, Ernest.  Long story short:  Hit one in the bushes, then re-teed and hit a good one.  Went looking for my first ball near the bushes, hoping that it popped out and was playable, but once I didn't see it on the grass I stopped looking.  I didn't want to risk finding it in a place that would require me having to abandon the provisional and go back and re-tee again.  Of course, I also gave up the possibility of finding it in a place that would allow me a good unplayable drop that I could potentially put in a better spot than my second tee shot.  It was a risk I was willing to take.  Actually, it just dawned on me that you read my thread because it's the one where we determined that a playing partner who chooses to go look for your ball against your wishes would be a dick. ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

I know that I often come across on the forum as a stiff-necked rules nazi, but I like to believe that I have at least a modicum of common sense, and can recognize when it's necessary to back off in the interest of having a pleasant time on the course.

I believe this.  This is why despite all of our "clashes" in some of these threads, I have you on my TST foursome.c2_beer.gif

post #99 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulesman View Post

Who did you buy that right from? The USGA?

I laughed out loud when I read that.... caught me off guard c2_beer.gif

I recently stopped playing with a guy who continuously fluffs his lies and throws embarrassing tantrums on the course (very loud, obnoxious cussing and club throws that nearly hit his playing partners).

I play by the rules 100% (again, to the best of my ability with maybe 2-3 instances of questionable rulings where I was a bit stumped this year so far) and enjoy each time that I get to go out and play this game that I love. I'm not going to bend and watch someone fluff every lie in the rough or post BS scores, period. I now surround myself with people who can have the same great time while playing, but also play by the rules to the best of their ability.

post #100 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

I recently stopped playing with a guy who continuously fluffs his lies and throws embarrassing tantrums on the course (very loud, obnoxious cussing and club throws that nearly hit his playing partners).

I play by the rules 100% (again, to the best of my ability with maybe 2-3 instances of questionable rulings where I was a bit stumped this year so far) and enjoy each time that I get to go out and play this game that I love. I'm not going to bend and watch someone fluff every lie in the rough or post BS scores, period. I now surround myself with people who can have the same great time while playing, but also play by the rules to the best of their ability.

 

that's a good choice - play with those that are like minded if you are unable to watch someone else with a different approach.

 

I'd stop playing with that guy because of the tantrums, though. 

Seriously, you stopped playing with him because "fluff every lie in the rough or post BS scores" rather than "very loud, obnoxious cussing and club throws that nearly hit his playing partners"

(I know the answer is both...)

 

Those are two very different behaviors and implicitly connecting the two is a disservice to every calm cheater and every tantrum throwing rule-follower out there - b2_tongue.gif

post #101 of 103

honest question. I don't have an official index, I haven't joined a club or started submitting scores yet.. I just threw a bunch of my scores into one of the online calculators to give me an idea what it would be if I was doing it officially..  but when I joined the forum here, I did put it in my profile, so you all would roughly know what level of player I am..  

 

should I remove it?

post #102 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvuo View Post

honest question. I don't have an official index, I haven't joined a club or started submitting scores yet.. I just threw a bunch of my scores into one of the online calculators to give me an idea what it would be if I was doing it officially..  but when I joined the forum here, I did put it in my profile, so you all would roughly know what level of player I am..  

 

should I remove it?


I don't think it really matters.  Just bear in mind that the folks in this forum tend to take the rules pretty seriously.  So this is a good place to get rules questions answered, but not such a good place to get absolution for breaking rules.

post #103 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvuo View Post

honest question. I don't have an official index, I haven't joined a club or started submitting scores yet.. I just threw a bunch of my scores into one of the online calculators to give me an idea what it would be if I was doing it officially..  but when I joined the forum here, I did put it in my profile, so you all would roughly know what level of player I am..  

 

should I remove it?

 

Nah.  While we're definitely anal on this board, very few take it that seriously.  Now, if you cheated during all of your rounds for those particular scores you put into the calculator, you might win kickstarter of the month or something.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rules of Golf
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Rules of Golf › Following the Rules= A Good Way to Piss People Off