or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread - Page 13

post #217 of 685

Watching the still-screen on usopen.com really sucks! I figured it would end early, but not this early! This is going to make for a much longer day now!

post #218 of 685

Aaaarrrrrrrrggghh!

post #219 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Aaaarrrrrrrrggghh!

Relevant.

 

post #220 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Aaaarrrrrrrrggghh!

My thoughts exactly.... I guess it would be at least a little more entertaining if they showed live views of the course and clean-up, or the storm, with commentary. I don't like staring at Phil and Steve and Keegan with the sound of air-wave static/wind in the background. Give us something, you know? c4_mad.gif

post #221 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

My thoughts exactly.... I guess it would be at least a little more entertaining if they showed live views of the course and clean-up, or the storm, with commentary. I don't like staring at Phil and Steve and Keegan with the sound of air-wave static/wind in the background. Give us something, you know? c4_mad.gif

 

Don't you guys work? b2_tongue.gif

post #222 of 685
Damn Merion, way to rain on everyone's parade (or US Open).
post #223 of 685

Odds of there ever being another Open at Merion?  LOl to 1....

post #224 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

Don't you guys work? b2_tongue.gif

lol My productivity actually increases with background noise! If it's not live streaming of golf in the background, it's Rover's Morning Glory. Once Rover is over, it's just WMMS on iHeart Radio. After that, it's Alan Cox at 3 PM.

Don't judge me! I'm in US Open withdrawal already lol. I didn't even get to see a hole played yet because it was suspended at like 8:40 and I tried to watch it at 8:50 z1_censored.gif

post #225 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

lol My productivity actually increases with background noise! If it's not live streaming of golf in the background, it's Rover's Morning Glory. Once Rover is over, it's just WMMS on iHeart Radio. After that, it's Alan Cox at 3 PM.

Don't judge me! I'm in US Open withdrawal already lol. I didn't even get to see a hole played yet because it was suspended at like 8:40 and I tried to watch it at 8:50 z1_censored.gif

 

Ha. All I know, is that Poulter can't be happy about the suspended play. You can't really start much hotter than -3 after 3 holes...

post #226 of 685
According to the Weather Channel, there will be a window of no storms starting at noon, where hopefully some of the early starters can finish their rounds before the rain picks up again around 3:00. These guys probably won't be playing their second rounds until Saturday morning, if this forecast holds. The late starters? Be prepared for 36 holes tomorrow.
post #227 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

Relevant.

 

 

OUTSTANDING!   c3_clap.gif

post #228 of 685

This Intellicast radar image shows that literally the hardest rain fall is over Merion.

 

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USCT0094

post #229 of 685

Waitress, there's a fly in my soup. 

 

 

This blows.... I guess the only fun I'll have today is watching the Heat get beat down later tonight. 

post #230 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

Waitress, there's a fly in my soup. 

 

 

This blows.... I guess the only fun I'll have today is watching the Heat get beat down later tonight. 

 

AMEN

post #231 of 685

I tried to embed this, but I guess you can't embed html here? I clicked the source button and it worked in this screen but appeared blank once I submitted.

 

Anyway, click the link for video of the rain...

 

https://vine.co/v/blIvbQK5tYr

post #232 of 685
Really??? I just wanna watch a live feed of US Open golf while I work. Is that too much to ask? This time last year on day 1 of the Open I was following Tiger, Phil and Bubba's group in person at Olympic with a beer in each hand!
post #233 of 685
Dear Golf Gods, or Mr Weatherman WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!
post #234 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Odds of there ever being another Open at Merion?  LOl to 1....

 

Because it's raining?

 

Yeah. The USGA should be able to accurately predict the local weather on the first day of the Open five years in advance, when they award the Open to courses. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread