or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread - Page 23

post #397 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post

I guess Im gonna have to mute the volume on the Live stream, Im already sick and tired of hearing BABA-BOOEY! WTH does that even mean? I swear after every other shot someone is yelling something. I feel like Im watching the Waste Management

It's a reference to the Howard Stern show.  Howard's producer Gary collects Warner Bros cartoon cell art, and one of his prized pieces is baba-booey, one of the lesser known WB cartoon characters

post #398 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post

I guess Im gonna have to mute the volume on the Live stream, Im already sick and tired of hearing BABA-BOOEY! WTH does that even mean? I swear after every other shot someone is yelling something. I feel like Im watching the Waste Management

I have it on with no sound as well.

post #399 of 685

One quirk I've noticed is that they seem to have a little more trouble trying to figure out the wind here, because they can't get a read from the flags.  

post #400 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post

I guess Im gonna have to mute the volume on the Live stream, Im already sick and tired of hearing BABA-BOOEY! WTH does that even mean? I swear after every other shot someone is yelling something. I feel like Im watching the Waste Management

It's a reference to the Howard Stern show.  Howard's producer Gary collects Warner Bros cartoon cell art, and one of his prized pieces is baba-booey, one of the lesser known WB cartoon characters


Yelling helps others identify you as one of the lesser intelligent pundits of society. You should be glad they yell it, it helps you avoid them...

post #401 of 685

First World Problem mini mini rant:

 

So all the big tech companies have all this info on me and yet when I search on US Open, I still get the tennis tournament at the top of my results, despite not following tennis and not having bought US Open Tennis tickets since forever.

 

Getting off soapbox now, thank you for listening. :-) Tiger Woods to serve...

post #402 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehmwa View Post


Does he have to replace it?  or play it where it ends up?

 

My understanding is that you must replace it.

post #403 of 685
post #404 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehmwa View Post


Does he have to replace it?  or play it where it ends up?

So you think that there's a possibility that if you hit a ball a foot from the hole and your partner's ball hits yours OB you don't replace it? Common sense.

 

I feel so sorry for the people who worked so hard to get the course ready for the U.S.Open and those who campaigned for a return to Merion.

The rain has softened the course so much that it is defenceless and the low scores are making a mockery of this grand old lady. Shame on the USGA for allowing her to be exposed like this.

post #405 of 685

Phil gonna shoot 75 or worse......everyone can see it coming

post #406 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

So you think that there's a possibility that if you hit a ball a foot from the hole and your partner's ball hits yours OB you don't replace it? Common sense.

 

I feel so sorry for the people who worked so hard to get the course ready for the U.S.Open and those who campaigned for a return to Merion.

The rain has softened the course so much that it is defenceless and the low scores are making a mockery of this grand old lady. Shame on the USGA for allowing her to be exposed like this.

 

Shorty, come on now? I think by Sunday the course will dry out and those greens are already getting faster, even today.

post #407 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallStriker View Post

Phil gonna shoot 75 or worse......everyone can see it coming

 

Phil hater? Haters gonna hate. What so you can justify criticizing him because he went home on Monday. Phil stuffed that in your jacket yesterday dude.

post #408 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley01 View Post

 

Shorty, come on now? I think by Sunday the course will dry out and those greens are already getting faster, even today.

I'm thinking surely his post was sarcasm...there are only two players under par right now, and they've got a lot of golf left today.

post #409 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley01 View Post

 

Shorty, come on now? I think by Sunday the course will dry out and those greens are already getting faster, even today.

But half of the field is 10 under or better.

post #410 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post

I'm thinking surely his post was sarcasm...there are only two players under par right now, and they've got a lot of golf left today.

 

Maybe my post was sarcasm too? You didn't pick up on that? LOL

 

I love Shorty's comments.

post #411 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post

I'm thinking surely his post was sarcasm...there are only two players under par right now, and they've got a lot of golf left today.

 

Irony, if you don't mind... :-P

post #412 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehmwa View Post

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/doug-ferguson/more-viewer-call-ins-no-penalties/

 

 

So idiotic to even answer the phone.
 

Exactly! Seriously, who do these people think they are. You can't call up the NHL or the NFL when a ref misses a call and complain... let alone change the outcome. And it's absolutely absurd the they are even fielding these calls and discussing them with the players. 

post #413 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post


You can insult me as much as you'd like if Woods shoots better than +3 today.

 

Ehem...

 

post #414 of 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast View Post

Exactly! Seriously, who do these people think they are. You can't call up the NHL or the NFL when a ref misses a call and complain... let alone change the outcome. And it's absolutely absurd the they are even fielding these calls and discussing them with the players. 

Next there'll be threads here where someome notices that they saw a player putting with the flag in 40 years ago.

Or say they are "pretty sure" they saw someone mark his ball when it was off the green.

Or say "i might be wrong but I'm sure I just saw player x ground his club in the bunker". d1_bigcry.gif

Or wonder about Petterson's situation......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread