or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 FexEx St. Jude Classic Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 FexEx St. Jude Classic Discussion Thread - Page 2

post #19 of 22

Yeah. I really was impressed with English. Especially when his playing partner was blowing up. I couldn't believe how poorly Stallings played the final stretch of holes. 

 

My only concern with Phil and next week was how few fairways he was hitting. And that was with a 3 wood the whole weekend. 

post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrew View Post

Yeah. I really was impressed with English. Especially when his playing partner was blowing up. I couldn't believe how poorly Stallings played the final stretch of holes. 

 

My only concern with Phil and next week was how few fairways he was hitting. And that was with a 3 wood the whole weekend. 

 

If Phil is going to win an Open, it will be at Pinehurst next year, which will be set up all fairways, hardpan, and pine straw.. I can't see him hitting enough fairways to contend at Merion.

post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post

 

If Phil is going to win an Open, it will be at Pinehurst next year, which will be set up all fairways, hardpan, and pine straw.. I can't see him hitting enough fairways to contend at Merion.

 

What pine straw? There's a ton of "waste area" there. Lots of sandy lies, balls going into pockets of grass, and general nastiness when you miss the fairway.

post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

What pine straw? There's a ton of "waste area" there. Lots of sandy lies, balls going into pockets of grass, and general nastiness when you miss the fairway.

 

There is pine straw, under the pines (go figure) but it is beyond the waste areas, it shouldn't be in play for all but the widest pros...... So yeah Phil does need to worry about it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 FexEx St. Jude Classic Discussion Thread