or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › NWPA/NEOH (Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland) Area Golfers › Discussions › First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3)

First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3) - Page 16

post #271 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

You'll get a chance to demo drivers, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters during the demo/instruction time period.

 

Irons wouldn't make much sense to take out on the course, but the rest will be great to take out and try out. Just note that the shots you play with them count - no extra "goof around" or "just try it out" type shots please. :D

 

The club you guys will probably like the most - and a club I'm looking to finally add to my bag - is the Blast Driveway.

 

Never before seen video footage of Dave's second swing with the thing from a rather crappy lie (might be a bit - it's processing):

 

That looks interesting!  One thing I'd like to pick your brains about is wedge selection.  I 've been trying to find higher bounce wedges based on your videos/threads on pitch shots.  I picked up a TM ATV wedge since it seemed to be built along these lines.  Looking forward to Saturday!

post #272 of 350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

That thing sounded a little strange on impact. I'll definitely give it a shot regardless.

 

I've crafted two possible answers, and couldn't decide which to post, so you get both:

 

Option 1) It's not going to matter when you see what the club can do for you.

 

Option 2) It's got a unique sound because we figured you'd want to alert your opponents to the fact that they've just been vanquished, and the sound is unique enough to do just that.

 

Plus, it's sound on a video. Things sound different to your ears in real life than they do captured digitally. Yes it sounds odd, but countless drivers and hybrids and fairway woods do.

post #273 of 350

I couldn't care less what a club sounds like. It could resemble a 472 lb man's night after a Taco Bell binge and I'd still use it if it helped my game out.

post #274 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

I've crafted two possible answers, and couldn't decide which to post, so you get both:

 

Option 1) It's not going to matter when you see what the club can do for you.

 

Option 2) It's got a unique sound because we figured you'd want to alert your opponents to the fact that they've just been vanquished, and the sound is unique enough to do just that.

 

Plus, it's sound on a video. Things sound different to your ears in real life than they do captured digitally. Yes it sounds odd, but countless drivers and hybrids and fairway woods do.

Yeah, those weird sounding drivers always kind of bother me. Namely some of those square drivers that sound like aluminum baseball bats. That being said, most likely I wouldn't not get a club just because of the sound. Although I tried a driver that was so loud on impact that, even if I hit it awesome, I wouldn't buy. I'd have been deaf before the end of the round.

post #275 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

I couldn't care less what a club sounds like. It could resemble a 472 lb man's night after a Taco Bell binge and I'd still use it if it helped my game out.

Same hear (I mean here).  Don't really care what it sounds like as long as it's below hearing loss db threshhold.

post #276 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Option 2) It's got a unique sound because we figured you'd want to alert your opponents to the fact that they've just been vanquished, and the sound is unique enough to do just that.

 

 

I'm going with option 2.

post #277 of 350

Two days to go! Weather outlook is getting worse though.... 30% chance of rain.
 

SatAug 3

Scattered T-Storms

74°

57°

Scattered T-Storms

WIND: WNW at 9 mph 

post #278 of 350

From the NWS

 

 

Quote:
Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

 

 

 

 

Looks like iffy in the morning, but looks to clear up for the afternoon. Looks to be cloudy mostly all day though.

post #279 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

 

 

Looks like iffy in the morning, but looks to clear up for the afternoon. Looks to be cloudy mostly all day though.

 

As long as the temperature stays at a good point a little rain doesn't bother me.

post #280 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

 

As long as the temperature stays at a good point a little rain doesn't bother me.

I don't think rain would stop any of us from doing this, so long as it is just rain and not a storm or downpour obviously (at which point, the course would pull us off anyway). The only thing I am concerned about is thunderstorms and I'm hoping they break apart or miss us.

One good thing about good ol' "Tropical Medina" is that we are kind of like the Bermuda Triangle in the Summer time when it comes to weather, it's really weird. The news can call for 100% rain in Cleveland (which is 20 miles away) and 60-80% here... yet we're clear blue and sunny. It happens a lot here, so let's hope that happens on Saturday.

On a side note, I wish it was like that in the winter time for us. When they say 2-4", I go to bed thinking I have no bs to look forward to in the morning. Then I open my front door to have my morning smoke and I see 8-10" of snow....

post #281 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

I don't think rain would stop any of us from doing this, so long as it is just rain and not a storm or downpour obviously (at which point, the course would pull us off anyway). The only thing I am concerned about is thunderstorms and I'm hoping they break apart or miss us.

One good thing about good ol' "Tropical Medina" is that we are kind of like the Bermuda Triangle in the Summer time when it comes to weather, it's really weird. The news can call for 100% rain in Cleveland (which is 20 miles away) and 60-80% here... yet we're clear blue and sunny. It happens a lot here, so let's hope that happens on Saturday.

On a side note, I wish it was like that in the winter time for us. When they say 2-4", I go to bed thinking I have no bs to look forward to in the morning. Then I open my front door to have my morning smoke and I see 8-10" of snow....

We get weird weather like that down here in Lima too. It'll say 20% chance of rain and it'll be storming or it'll say 70% chance without a cloud in the sky. Ohio weather is just goofy all around.

post #282 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

We get weird weather like that down here in Lima too. It'll say 20% chance of rain and it'll be storming or it'll say 70% chance without a cloud in the sky. Ohio weather is just goofy all around.

Yep, you're in the same boat. For the most part, they're accurate in Cleveland due to Lake Effect weather and how easy it is to predict in Cuyahoga and the NE counties/cities.. but anywhere south of the city is pretty much anyone's guess (secondary belt).

I'm just going to wake up and have some coffee and clean my clubs and ignore the weather regardless. A few cold beers and good golf makes you say F the weather.

post #283 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

I don't think rain would stop any of us from doing this, so long as it is just rain and not a storm or downpour obviously (at which point, the course would pull us off anyway). The only thing I am concerned about is thunderstorms and I'm hoping they break apart or miss us.

One good thing about good ol' "Tropical Medina" is that we are kind of like the Bermuda Triangle in the Summer time when it comes to weather, it's really weird. The news can call for 100% rain in Cleveland (which is 20 miles away) and 60-80% here... yet we're clear blue and sunny. It happens a lot here, so let's hope that happens on Saturday.

On a side note, I wish it was like that in the winter time for us. When they say 2-4", I go to bed thinking I have no bs to look forward to in the morning. Then I open my front door to have my morning smoke and I see 8-10" of snow....

 

ah the weather bubble that sits just east of route 21, i know it well. It extends down to Massillon as well. I've seen to many times storm after storm not even nick Massillon.

post #284 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

For the most part, they're accurate in Cleveland

 

lol

 

LOL

 

LOL

post #285 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

lol

 

LOL

 

LOL

 

 

I agree, no way its accurate in cleveland because of the lake. The only thing they can predict is when snow hits. That's pretty easy, but sitting next to that lake, you have no clue if the moisture from the lake is going to fuel thunderstorms. That's like trying to predict exactly were a storm will pop up in Myrtle Beach.

post #286 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

lol

 

LOL

 

LOL

?

The weather forecast is usually pretty accurate for Cleveland this time of year. When I say Cleveland, I mean downtown/actual Cleveland - not the suburbs. It's a hell of a lot more accurate than the rest of the "FOX 8 viewing area" at the least.

Regardless, the weather channel upped their % to 30 and Fox 8 is calling for 50%. Hoping for 0%.

post #287 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

 

 

I agree, no way its accurate in cleveland because of the lake. The only thing they can predict is when snow hits. That's pretty easy, but sitting next to that lake, you have no clue if the moisture from the lake is going to fuel thunderstorms. That's like trying to predict exactly were a storm will pop up in Myrtle Beach.

lol I lived in Cleveland for 15 years and I have worked in the city for the last 7. It depends on how you are looking at the weather. I watch the forecast the day that I want to know what the weather is, not 48 or 72 hours in advance. At that rate, they're usually totally wrong.

post #288 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

lol I lived in Cleveland for 15 years and I have worked in the city for the last 7. It depends on how you are looking at the weather. I watch the forecast the day that I want to know what the weather is, not 48 or 72 hours in advance. At that rate, they're usually totally wrong.

Weather is the only profession you can get away with being wrong most of the time. Even the same day they are wrong as often as right depending on the season. Easily equate-able to batting in baseball where you can fail 2/3 of the time and still be considered great.

TheSandTrap.com › Groups › NWPA/NEOH (Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland) Area Golfers › Discussions › First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3)